DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS??!!

since halloween is coming up, i'm in such a spooky & scary mood, especially since I'm working on a project for my one class that involves the paranormal. doing all this research on ghosts & stuff, I was wondering...

do you believe in ghosts??

personally, I do believe in ghosts. I think that there are some type of beings, both evil and good, that we are not consciously aware of that do walk this earth for whatever reason. ghost stories of family members have been passed down from generation to generation in my family, and even my grandmother has said that she's had encounters with dead family members that she cannot explain. I think that between all of the claims, evidence of different types of "energy" in haunted spots and stuff, and personal stories, it's perfectly reasonable to think that there IS a possibility that something is out there that we cannot see at all times.

what do you guys think?? do you think there's ghosts out there? do any of you have personal/family ghost stories?

the paranormal is a topic im BEYOND interested in so feel free to post your thoughts!!

so many questions and NO DONUTS

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

Comments

• Hm, It depends, there are things that people say about ghosts that I don't believe.... It's just nonsense. But it does depend. Mr. Ichabod Crane sure does!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Noooooo i dont believe in ghosts 
    ZWFW75132DGM
  • ya i believe in ghosts
  • AHHH YES I believe in ghosts!!!
    tacocatdrawing
  • I believe in ghosts, but not to the point of actively searching for them, you know? We don't know what happens in the afterlife and I think that some people do stay around. It's something that although I believe in it, I keep a healthy distance and try and do everything in my power not to mess around with.
    A - ala - watchful alertness
    L - lokahi - working with unity
    O - oia'i'o - truthful honesty
    H - ha'aha'a - humility
    A - ahonui - patient perserverance

"My philosophy is: It's none of my business what other people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier." - Anthony Hopkins

Signature Picture
  • Nah! Lol
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • LOL finally someone posts this discussion!  Yes I do believe in ghosts, I've seen some strange things and the only excuse for it is GHOSTS.
    I know a lot of people like to say ghosts aren't real, but they're out there; they just don't let you see them unless they want you to, which really scares me!
    Especially in October... I do believe more spirits walk the earth at this time of year.
    speaking of walking the earth, lol I just saw this fortune!

newsletterpics2
    My Life Is Average!
  • edited October 2016
    lol love that fortune @Ashstorm!  

@DonutLuverr I do completely!  Probably not in the sense that most other people think about them, like the silly ghosts that are on TV, but I believe that there are more choice when people die than we think and some must choose to stay here because there are things that can't be explained and I myself have experienced things that can't be proven but I know there was something there and is still there!  I also believe that family members can haunt you better than strangers, or rather I should say have the ability.  

I agree with you @VictoryRose the afterlife is something beyond our understanding and the little experience I've had with it I am very happy to keep as far from it as possible.  

Here are some stories and videos that I have seen over the years that were quite scary to me:

GHOST at Gilford Store! - Surveillance Video of Ghost Throwing Glass:

There was another video around the same time as this with a Surveillance camera catching a glass fronted case in a ware house, slowly open and then the door shattered. Although I can't find it

there was also this article about a family in Indiana being harrassed by ghosts:

Looking this up I found out the house was torn down just this year in February:

DazzledreamSignature
  • eh i believe in ghosts in the sort of way @dazzlerdream does. though i haven't seen anything spooky i think my family members visit all the time. there's a few things that happen quite often to me and my family. We'll find random dimes in the least likely spots and then something big will happen in life. xD a light flickers in a room even if the light is off, along with other unexplained technological problems which started after my grand father died this year. we also see triple numbers a lot o_o in a picture of an old house that used to belong to the family the glare on the window looked like a detailed skeleton face o.o it was creepy xD and finally there is the many times snapchat filters fly off your face and onto nothingness :'D those are most of my spooky experiences xD
    Just an artist who loves anime and video games!
    76722c13-5af4-4bd2-a517-f4051b16cbca-tumblr_p5c4cir7241sejmmmo7_540
  • WOW! you guys have some really interesting theories!!

to all the nonbelievers, i totally respect you & see where you're coming from! this topic is so shaky between everyone having different beliefs because of their religious beliefs overlapping with the general paranormal "evidence" & just the lack of concrete scientific proof in general, but i just find it so interesting to discuss.

i also really enjoyed reading your theory @dazzlerdream. i have no idea what the afterlife, if there even is one, holds for us & i do believe its a dangerous thing to interfere with. ive read a lot about how some religious people believe that ghosts that are claimed to haunt earth are evil beings taking upon the form of human spirits. i think that's such an interesting way to think about the spirit world, especially when you hear about ghosts that are melevolent & viscious towards humans.

i also totally agree with you @TacoCat about the whole family member visitation thing. my grandfather recently passed this summer & my dad had found him dead in his living room recliner. the spooky part about that, though, is that my dad had always recalled my grandpa saying multiple times, jokingly, while he was alive "you know someday you're gonna come over & find me dead in a chair!" & laugh! kinda freaky that it actually happened, isn't it? my grandmother has also had contact with family members that have passed so i do believe that there's some connection between the spirit world & the real world - both a good & evil one.

id love to hear more takes on the beliefs of ghosts - its very interesting to compare stories & ideas!

so many questions and NO DONUTS

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• @DonutLuverr OH MY GOSH WE WERE GETTING READY TO LEAVE DISNEY LAND AND OUT OF NOWHERE TOO DIMES FELL FROM SOMETHING
    Just an artist who loves anime and video games!
    76722c13-5af4-4bd2-a517-f4051b16cbca-tumblr_p5c4cir7241sejmmmo7_540