1. Love, hate or indifferent
    1. Love them!!
      54.55%
    2. Hate them!
      27.27%
    3. Indifferent to them.
      18.18%

Comments

• Oooo That's a controversial topic!  I think anything that gets people out in the kingdom is good!  I think the snowboard is awesome being so rare and you can't really get that with balloon whirls.  So what if we don't win? It's nice to see people out and about!

- crawls in to bomb shelter in case missiles start to fall XD -

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• It is. I am really curious about the general feeling of them and why. That's a nice reason you stated for liking them.
  • I have no idea what to think about them lol.  One time I was talking with someone and they said that Host hunts were the worst thing ever created, and that they didn't like them because not everyone could win.  And then they turned right and said "We need more rare in the game"  I'm like O_o

tacocatPandaPicturepandahood
  • I love host hunts because its hard to earn and I like to work hard in earning something. Feeling of achievement really. :)

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • I've seen all events loved and hated so I think verity is best!  When Host hunts aren't run for a while everyone wants them back so my thoughts are Yes I like host hunts!

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • Its funny because I use to **love** host hunts, would send out multiple clones every hunt and made sure I was always available the days there was hunts... but idk the last few years I've lost my love for them. Seems the hosts dont come to as many rooms, prizes aren't as exciting... however I am very intrigued by the one day only host hunt prizes; makes some very rare and valuable items.

• I really don't like Host Hunts. Love the games that you walk in and fall into a prize. Also like kicking games. The reason I like the fall in games is it gets the players working together to try to figure out where the prizes are. Players even set up rooms to help each other out. I think Host hunts pit players against each other. Oh how many times I have sat almost the entire hour staring at the screen only to have the host finally come into the room with someone right behind them and win. A wasted hour. I hate that feeling.   IMO
  • I have a very mixed feeling about the hunts. I kind of love/despise them. I usually win (ranging from once to maybe 2-3 on a good day) But when I don't, I just feel absolutely crummy. Waiting an hour and no HOST showing up in the entire time is THE WORST. And Like @PrincessAveri pointed out, A LOT of people will come in RIGHT when host comes in and win. It is such a feeling of rage omg. But yeah, I am really not liking the one hunt only. people are pricing things too high because "one hunt only" but Lobster hat was only one hunt and is two ice max? Don't get it.
  • I love/hate them. I love them because they're exciting to do but hate them because the exact same people win all the time and it gets annoying (also it's typing and we all feel like "we did it first").

I honestly would like a throw back for the 10th anniversary and do the old fashion host hunt! "I found HOST_ [ . ]!" :)
    art-starbucks 
  • I love host hunts but I don't like sitting for a hour as sometimes the host never comes to the room I'm in and I will get startled a bit when someone enters cause I will think its a host and will have to be quick to click to see who it is so I don't lose if its a host. Most of the time for me when a host arrives someone else will win right when I hit enter. Sometimes I will be alone in a room for most of the hunt waiting for the host so if she comes I will definitely win and then someone will come in and win when she finally arrives. One more thing that annoys me is people winning multiple prizes on clones. I think its fine to use clones only for one prize and not for multiple but I also think its only okay to win twice if you're winning for a friend who couldn't come on for the hunt. I used to be pretty good at host hunts but now it seems I either miss them, log in when the hunt is almost over or lose. Maybe if I attended more events like I used to I could get back to winning!
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • Oh @Super_Princess_Rosalina I love the way you look at things!  I've missed you so much posting on Miss clue!!  I hope you'll be back more for the summer!  

For host hunts I like them!  I Find it so thrilling to have a host come into the room whether I win or not!  
    skylambsignature
  • @MistyMew That is true. I remember after Anniversary Beanie, there were no host hunts for a couple of months. I kinda hinted at Mintie at closing party that it HAS BEEN months since the last ever host hunt. LOL :)

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • edited March 2018
    What has been bothering me about them is how awful some people get about them. Its very upsetting to sit for a long time and then-- nothing - either you lose or no  Host comes.

I can't say I hate them, not my favorite, but i still wish they would just do games instead. I always find that during Host games, Balta Street is so fun to hang out in and chat. When everyone is getting something they are so happy, nobody is mean, its one of the few times you feel a real sense of community in the game. 

I also agree with @Princess that the fall in games are the most fun, they move the quickest and you get random prizes. Then everyone is out just trading off between themselves to help everyone get a 'set' f all the items.

• Host hunts are so much fun! :x
    MandaBear
     #VFKSummer2023

• edited March 2018
    Yes, but the games other than host hunts, traders don't care about, the items are given out in such a large quantity that there's no point.  Ya they might be fun, but that's as far as it goes.  nobody trades for those host prizes and if they do they aren't worth much.  

It's like a theme park, there are lot of rides, and some people like all the rides and some only like a few and there is probably a ride that each person hates and would never go on. You can't ask the theme park to close every ride each person doesn't like because then there would be no ride except like 3 or something and then nobody would come.

You have to some items, not all, but some that not everyone has.  Sure it makes people mad, but it helps trading and that's another facet of the game.  The people who don't like or want to trade would of course only want games a lot of people can play and that's fine because that's how they feel.

Personally I love host hunts!  I love all the games!  and I hope VFK comes up with even more! \m/

Have an awesome day all and see you in VFK!
    Cool just got cooler!
  • i always loved host hunts. might be because i am a fast typer and win fairly often. I am always trying to get the host prize (whatever the game) for at least 3 other ppl, so the more the merrier.  I do not do this for trading bc basically I am not a trader.

BUT! there used to be 3 hosts at all hunts when I first started playing vfk 5 years ago, but then firefly retired from most hunts and shortly thereafter the zoo opened!  I really wish they would use 3 hosts again (they have done this recently a couple of times) because of all the rooms and ppl are so spread out (added colonial (yay!) and other off-map rooms, too).  like many, I have been in a room the entire hour and not seen any host or only saw a host once. that is disappointing.

to all those who think it is unfair, it is a game.  yes, we love vfk (I know I do!) but it is a game and as in all games, there are winners and losers.  ppl need to keep that in mind and have the attitude "win some, lose some" and not get nasty if they lose. also, many times my friends come to the same room i'm in, or vice versa, but that should not matter. if it does matter to a player, if they expressed they prefer to not compete with friends or think it is not "friendly" to do so, I, personally, would leave the room because my friends are more important to me than a host item of pixels. but if i'm not aware that someone in the room is won of my friends (could be a clone or I don't click to see who is there) and they feel a certain way, letting me know would save our friendship bc even though I may really want the host item, it's not worth it.

that said, I still love host hunts, love the excitement of winning and I am not a sore loser.  congrats to the winner!  I just wish they would use 3 hosts every time, that would make it more fair because of all the new rooms. 

and kudos to staff for announcing the movie glasses were new, won time item.  I like this aspect of the hunts - purposely did not attend the hunts for lobster hat and snowboard bc I already did previous hunts and won what I needed then Surprise! new item. I learned my lesson! lol  I won the crossword glasses - only won pair - but if I didn't make the hunt, I would not have had the chance.

good luck in the games to all vfkers! 

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• edited March 2018
    Host Hunts were fun between 2008-2011. They lasted longer, had variations on them and we never knew what kind of Host Hunt would be next. Now it is the same 1 hour minimal hosts Host Hunt. Why not have Blitz Style Host Hunts on Holidays? Why not do Reverse Host Hunts where GUEST ROOMS are visited? Why not send out winner blasts again for "OLD FASHIONED" style host hunts? Why not have consolation prizes like they do for host rooms (for second and third winners)? As far as I am concerned I feel like having this ONE type of host hunt makes for a boring/disappointing event where you either lose big, win big or win /lose once and don't see a host again for the rest of the hunt. And let me say Losing Big and Win/Lose once seeing no other hosts both cause the "crummy" "I'm a loser" feeling. There are too many Public Rooms and no Hosts to visit them.

In my personal opinion, Host Hunts have become a MISERABLE, but NECESSARY chore to acquire Ice items in order to trade. If you don't participate you don't stand a chance at trading, and in order to participate you MUST get on at the beginning to be sure a host has not been to a certain room. Although in the "OLD FASHIONED" Deluxe, Blitz, Reverse hunts, HOSTS repeated rooms multiple times. Now if you get on late you mightn't bother because you will have no idea what room to camp out in. I wish VFK would hire/find more hosts to improve these hunts or at least use some variation.

32cb878a
  • I love the idea of us having to run around trying to find hosts. I also think it would be cool if they did a scavenger style host hunt. They could hide things around - not out in the open like the regular scavenger hunts, and if you found it you clicked on it and you got a prize but the thing they hide disappeared. I think that would be interesting, harder though so things would be rare for traders, and everyone gets more of a chance because you can't run multiple people around if you want to be fast.
    Sadly, VFK does have to worry about if there aren't enough people finding things, cry cry cry. (ok I've thrown that fit a few times myself/hangs head in shame).  But since they don't need the Hosts to be on for this, they could do them more often.
    A thought...