Journal #13 The life of an Irish Twin.

edited July 2016 in General
    Recently I learned of an Irish Twin and what it was. Now everything makes more sense. 

Noun: Irish Twin (Plural, Irish twins) Either a pair of siblings born less than twelve months apart, especially born within the same calendar year or school year, or one year apart. 

My brother and I (The one who's 11 months apart from me) usually get along great. Unlike my other brother, who was born three years before me. So when I heard of the term "Irish Twin" I was intrigued. 
          Just like real twins, they can look similar to each other, be the exactly the same or the exact opposite at the 
same time, say the same things simultaneously, etc. You see, when it comes to me and (We'll just call him S.) S, we
can be a nightmare or the life of the party. We both had ADHD and could possibly develop Bi-polar disorder (and it's
likely since both my mom, dad, and older brother A, has it.). 
        S and I can go from screaming at each other to laughing at an insult that I've thrown (Once when I was eight
literally called him "Far Far Face" agh the alliteration!) and we laughed for ten minutes. We also get into trouble, and if it happens at home, we're both involved in it.  
           Neither of us act very mature for our age at all, especially when our meds wear off. So just last week, we almost got grounded.
              So I was sitting in the living room on a temporary chair (since we don't have any couches yet) holding a cup of apple juice in my hand, sipping through a bendy straw. Out of the blue I decided to start blowing bubbles 
in it. My mom hates that and I knew it. S was sitting across from me in another chair, laughing (we were hyper at this time, we're not psychotic at all) at me. My mom was out of the room at the time doing who knows what until she came back. She was about to yell at S. about something until I blew the bubbles louder. Bad choice, I know. 
     My mother tried her best to ignore it but I kept doing it so finally she snapped. "Stop blowing bubbles!" She snapped and me being the rebel I am, did it again. Before I could laugh with S, she snatched the cup out of my hand and placed it on the kitchen counter and started yelling at me. Well while she turned her attention to S, he discreetly told me to go grab it, so I did. I blew another bubble and her glare snapped toward me. I decided to take a sip before she could snatch it and S whispered something causing me to laugh. Needless to say, I started choking.
     This went on for a minute and a half and I began to feel light headed before I finally got some air. My back now hurt and so did my stomach and lungs. At least it wasn't two minutes this time...(That's a story for another journal).
My mom was angry at us but never grounded us (considering it never works anyway ) and just left the room. 
That's not even remotely the worst of what we've done together.

"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• lol that sounds like fun i love blowing bubbles
  • haha nice ;)
    HAPPY SEPTEMBER
    I hope someone you love is tickling your feet.
    Wowza ;)
  • Wow that is so interesting I like had never heard of this term before!  Actually that sounds like a pretty fun time!  the only thing is, yes totally don't blow bubbles after you're asked to stop baaaaaadddd idea lol!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• lol it sounds like you and your brother have a lot of fun together!  I've never heard the term Irish Twin before, thanks for sharing! :)
    Why waste time trying to fix things that are broken when we need to spend more time fixing things that aren't broken.
  • @iStella   Yeah...It's not good to put my mother in a bad mood, especially since she's bipolar. We have to walk on eggshells around her to keep from getting screamed at. 
  • @MidnightMystery No problem. 
  • :O I had never heard of that!  Thanks!! and it sounds like you and your brother are really close!  I could never disobey my mom though I think God would get me! 
    skylambsignature
  • @SkyLamb Yeah... I'm not good at being 'good" I mean I try most of the time. I guess.
  • Cool story thanks!