Downloading and Installing Peril In Pemberley!

Comments

• Hi Mintie,

Thanks for your reply, I do have a virus scanner (Eset) and my operating system is windows 7.  I downloaded and installed the game both with and without Eset Security system, did not make any difference.  The game was originally purchased on Amazan April 26.  Don't know what else to do.

• Okay could you try doing this:

Make sure PerilInPemberley.exe is not running by checking the Task Manager. (Let us know if you need any help with this!)

Then, open this path using a Windows File window:
    %APPDATA%\com.missclue.perilinpemberley

Note: The %APPDATA% part will magically convert to a valid path when you press Enter to go to that folder.

And delete these two folders, if they exist in that directory:
    #airversion
    Local Store

If there are more folders than the above two in that folder, mark down their names, and let us know what they are!
  • @Guest428418 

After doing that try launching the game again.
  • Again, thanks for your reply.  Actually when I try to open the game with the installed shortcut and the black screen comes up, the only way I'm able to get out of the program is by using control, alt, delete and then to open the task manager and end the game this way.  I really could use your help  how to go about opening a windows file window.
  • @Guest428418

To get to a Windows File window, click on your Start Button and select Computer.  A window will popup, paste this path:
     %APPDATA%\com.missclue.perilinpemberley into the address bar at the top of the window and press enter. 

Let me know if that works!
  • Hi again Mintie,

No, unfortunately if I click Start button and select Computer, page with my hard drive info and removable storage will pop up.  Sorry.

• edited May 2016

Could you try out this alternate method:

Hold down the Windows Key and press R, and a small window should pop up, which contains a text field.  Paste the path into the field, and then press Enter. 

In case it might be helpful, the Windows Key is the key between the Ctrl and Alt keys on the left side of the keyboard, and it has a little Windows Flag icon.  (Many Windows keyboards have it, but if you don't see it, just let me know!)
  • :D
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Wow archery, wow mintie, I have done archery in real life quite a bit and well, I never new the arrow went higher or lower depending on how far back you pull the string. Also I hate homework and I wish I could burn it. XD
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • edited September 2016
    If possible, could I get a download code for this game? I don't have an Amazon Email, though.
  • Cyder said:

If possible, could I get a download code for this game? I don't have an Amazon Email, though.

Hey Cyder, the download code was sent to people who bought the Peril In Pemberley physical copy from Amazon in February.

Currently you can get the download from Amazon or Products.MissClue.com, if you are looking for other ways to get it, you might try using a Gift Card to buy it from MissClue.com
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • I just bought Peril in Pemberley! excited to dig in! :)
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • edited April 2017
    VFKWeeklyNews3
  • Got my code and email....downloading now
  • got my email!  gonna try the download in a few!  yay!

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• wow ugh wifi!  gonna take a while .......   lol

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• Did  it take a while for y'all's to download?
  • Did  it take a while for y'all's to download?
    The file is 1.7 Gb for Windows and 1.9 Gb for MAC, so depending on your internet connection, it can take anywhere between a half an hour to a few hours to download!
    Good luck!

-Mintie :)
  • So sorry I'm back again. My game has updated and everything but it will not open to play. It says loading, then that screen goes away and nothing happens. 
  • I had a Mac that runs Osx 10.6.8. Is it too old to run this download?

• Here are the Recommended System Requirements for the Mac Version of Peril in Pemberley:

Intel® Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
    Mac OS X v10.7, and above
    1GB of RAM (2GB recommended)
    4GB or more hard drive space

We have also had users successfully install and run Peril in Pemberley on Mac OS X v10.6.8 and Mac OS X v10.6.3 without issue, however we have not officially tested on Mac OS X v10.6 or less, so depending on your hardware your experience could vary.

If you purchase directly from the Miss Clue Store at products.missclue.com, we have more support options available for you in the event you have any issues running Peril In Pemberley.

I hope this helps!

- Mintie
  • i have Windows 10. But i deleted my code and stuff to play. Cause it don't want to work. When is the full game coming out Mintie?
  • edited July 2017
    Hi @tessygrl!

This is the Peril in Pemberley thread, though Attics of Pemberley is a Mini-Mystery and it is currently at it's full length.

The next full length mystery is Curse of the Devil's Heart and it is planned for release this Fall!

- Mintie
  • I thought sure I got an email about a week or so ago for this and now I can't find it anywhere! I wondered if I accidentally deleted it. It said something about Miss Clue Beta. I tried figuring it out and ended up re-signing up for the beta. Is there anything you can do to help me figure out if it was my link and what to do?
  • Sorry that should have been under one of the Attics Of Pemberley forums.
  • Hi i cant download peril in pemberly cause im from a different country india.
  • Are you going to be bringing Peril in Pemberley to VFK?
  • Hi @Christina_Merritt,

Peril in Pemberley is not compatible with the browser, so it is only available as a download!

I hope this helps

-Mintie
  • Have you thought about bringing the Nancy Drew games to VFK?