VFK 2020 Costume Contest!

edited October 2020 in VFK General
Happy Fall Everyone! I know, I know, it's been a while since you've heard from me, as I've been busy with many new and exciting things, but I'm back! I'm back for another annual COSTUME CONTEST! I'm extremely excited, but once again I'm going to end up being extremely indecisive about what I'm going to do, but that's beside the point. Anyway, the rules are pretty much that it has to be entered in photo form on this discussion by Wednesday, October 28th, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Voting will commence on the 29th and end on the 31st, and the winner will be announced that evening. As much as I would love to award a prize, I have not been very active, and therefore have a small amount of credits and nothing old or new that would be of good prize value, so chances are this will be just for fun, but I encourage you to let your imagination run WILD! I'm excited to see the entries from this, and I wish you all good luck! IF you have any questions, feel free to message my privately or post your question here. Happy Halloween!
VFK 2020 Costume Contest!
  1. Which one was YOUR favorite?
    1. Dazzlerdream - Miss Clue/Jane Darcy
      17.65%
    2. Gift - Clowny Fiasco
        5.88%
    3. Auntie_Skybluepink - Gypsy
        5.88%
    4. Waterfallglow - Lobster
      23.53%
    5. Awesome_Piper - Eye Scream
      35.29%
    6. HBforever - Heather Chandler
      11.76%
 HBForever's Signature
Thank you @Purrfect

Comments

• OMG!!!! This sounds so fun!! So like we make up a costume in VFK and then post it here right?

How often will you be checking back in?

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• goldenpuppy said:

OMG!!!! This sounds so fun!! So like we make up a costume in VFK and then post it here right?

How often will you be checking back in?
    Lol this shows how often I check here  :)) Anyway, yes! I would encourage you to not use a premade costume from the game, as the point is for you to show off your CREATIVITY! I hope to be checking in everyday from now on (except tomorrow and Sundays, as I will be out of town, and I don't get online on Sundays). So in retrospect, I'll be checking as often as I can, no specific schedule. I wish I had a way to see your messages sooner but I don't.  :(( Soooo yeah. Good luck on your costume @goldenpuppy

P.S. If you need to, you can message me in game, though I am less likely to see it quickly, as I don't have much time to log in!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

Happy Fall Everyone! I know, I know, it's been a while since you've heard from me, as I've been busy with many new and exciting things, but I'm back! I'm back for another annual COSTUME CONTEST! I'm extremely excited, but once again I'm going to end up being extremely indecisive about what I'm going to do, but that's beside the point. Anyway, the rules are pretty much that it has to be entered in photo form on this discussion by Wednesday, October 28th, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Voting will commence on the 29th and end on the 31st, and the winner will be announced that evening. As much as I would love to award a prize, I have not been very active, and therefore have a small amount of credits and nothing old or new that would be of good prize value, so chances are this will be just for fun, but I encourage you to let your imagination run WILD! I'm excited to see the entries from this, and I wish you all good luck! IF you have any questions, feel free to message my privately or post your question here. Happy Halloween!

This is a sweet idea. I will donate the prize, winner’s choice of Dyer Mansion or Farm House room set.  Good luck!
  • Fonna said:

HBforever said:

This is a sweet idea. I will donate the prize, winner’s choice of Dyer Mansion or Farm House room set.  Good luck!
    Oh my goodness! @Fonna Thank you so much! I'm very grateful for your generosity!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • edited October 2020
    My pleasure. I'll watch this thread or you can IM me with whoever wins to arrange to collect their prize.
  • My entry is:

Miss. Clue/Jane Darcy :)

She's on the case to explore the rumors of strange music coming from the old Victorian mansion!

dazzlerdreamentry3

Ooo it's very spooky in here, but Miss clue is on the case! she boldly ascends the stairs!

dazzlerdreamentry4

Now to enter the room from where the haunting music is coming from, who could be making it!?

dazzlerdreamentry6

And we find....The GHOST of Lady Glafira Alymova!  (made up by me not really the ghost's name, she was a famous harpist)

Ghost

The haunting music is coming from none other that our friendly mansion ghosts out for a nights frolic and to try and scare the pants off of everyone as usual....

Here is the outfit close up!

dazzlerdreamentry2
    DazzledreamSignature
  • I was thinking of CLOWNS

Then I thought of YELLOW

THEN, I thought of EA colors

THEN I thought of CANDY CORNS

THEN I was craving ANGEL FOOD CAKE (did you know it was Angel Food Cake Day 3 days ago?)

So here's my scattered brain combo of a costume. A mish mash of my thoughts, a clowny fiasco I shall embrace for a long time because I'm too lazy to change.

XD

Angel Clown Food Cake
    Angel Clown Food Cake1
    Angel Clown Food Cake2
    Angel Clown Food Cake3
    Angel Clown Food Cake4

Angel Clown Food Cake5
    Angel Clown Food Cake6

:O)

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • Whoa! What? I actually decided To Check back in today? Yay! I'm glad I did! These costumes are looking fantastic! Keep up the good work!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Just kidding, I changed my costume. LOL. :D Can't help it, we have so many awesome outfits to mix and match!

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • @Auntie_Skybluepink this is the contest thread I told you about in game

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• 8W7JYXTI56OZGYPSYCOSTUME GYPSY OUTFIT. BY AUNTIE_SKYBLUEPINK
  • edited October 2020
    Ok, here is mine. I decided to go for humor for this contest LOL!!

I am... a Lobster! :O

VFK Thread Costume Contest #2 (Halloween 2020)
    VFK Thread Costume Contest (Halloween 2020)

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• OMG Y'all are so creative! These are amazing! Sorry I haven't had a chance to check in much, I was working all weekend! I still need to decide on my costume!  :)) I'm torn because I've been obsessed with this whole "mean girl" type thing recently (Thanks Heathers and Mean Girls) so I might maybe want to do one of the Heathers or something... I mean, my character in game is already dressed as Heather Chandler! Anyway, maybe I'll go with something Broadway because Broadway is me in a nutshell lolololol So yeah... Anyway two more days to enter! Good luck!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • i call it....eye scream  :))

imageedit_2_8792916378
    art gallery 2
    "All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
    "YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
    "Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage

• Last day to enter! (I had better get on mine!)

Entries close at midnight!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HC costume contest
    Okay, I finally decided to go with what I already had on. Sooooo... What's your damage, Heather?

I'm Heather Chandler from Heathers! (Look based off of the musical)
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Y'all, you have an hour and a half left to enter! Good luck! I'll post the voting poll sometime tomorrow!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Yayyyy!! Entries are now closed! No more shall henceforth be accepted. Time for voting! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • I'm fairly sure I got everyone on the poll! If you entered and I missed your entry, let me know ASAP! Thank you!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Gonna  BUMP this is case anyone else wants to vote. 
  • I am a terrible host! Lololol I just casually forgot to announce the winner. 

All tied for 4th place we have....

In third place we have myself, @HBforever

In second place, we have...

And!!! The one you've been waiting for..................

In first place, and winning the grand prize so generously being donated by @Fonna...

Thank you to everyone who entered! I LOVED seeing your creativity! Everyone did amazing! See you next year!!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Congratulations!

@Awesome_Piper would you like the farm house or Dyer mansion room set?
  • :-O
    farm house please @Fonna !

also everyone's costumes were so creative! :D
    this was a fun contest @HBforever :)
    art gallery 2
    "All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
    "YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
    "Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage

• Awesome_Piper said:

:-O
    farm house please @Fonna !

also everyone's costumes were so creative! :D
    this was a fun contest @HBforever :)
    I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I'm glad so many people participated!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • LOL, I am just now seeing this! I was away all week at Disney World. Am home now. Anyway, I honestly did not expect to win but am pleasantly surprised I won second place! Thank you all for those that voted for my costume and congrats to all the other winners too! :)

waterfallglow signature