Antique shop lag tips

edited July 2020 in General
I've told a few people about my tips to lessen lag for Antique shop, so this is what I do, and I'm able to get at least x1 item a round.

However, lag has lots of different factors that play into it. Your computer's CPU/Memory. Your internet's upload/download speed, the amount of people/devices on your network, and the amount of people/devices on your internet tower, your distance from a VFK server tower, and the population of said VFK server. 

Knowing that, there are a few things that can help. Let me start with your computer.

(So obviously having a high quality CPU and loads of RAM/memory, high speed internet help, but not everyone has that ability. But there are things you can do to help)

- Restart your computer. This resets your CPU and RAM cache, which is similar to clearing out temporary files and such. I do this about 20 minutes before antique starts, and stay in my login until like, 3 till.

- A couple hours before antique starts, go into your task manager, and see what's taking up the most of your memory/CPU. Make note of those applications.

- After you restart, go into your task manager and end those applications that suck up your memory/CPU. For me, this never fails to be adobe. So I end all adobe applications. Also, the more internet tabs you have open, the more memory/cpu space you take up. I only have 1-2 tabs open. One for VFK and one for something not intensive, like iheartradio or something. Which brings me to my next points.

- Certain web browsers take up more memory/CPU then others. Chrome is NOTORIOUS for sucking up memory. 

- if, when you are looking at your task manager, you notice that your browser is sucking up a significant chunk, use a different one. I go between chrome and firefox, I don't know about the edge browsers or internet explorer

- Going into private mode on Chrome seemed to help a lot. The only reason I can think of is because my extensions don't load in my chrome private browser.

-Audio takes up less bandwith on your network then video. So do not try to stream netflix or hulu or what have you while antique is happening. If you have to stream something (like me), try to do audio only. 

- Make sure no one in your household is like, playing fortnight or something if you can help it. Games like that will hog your internet. 

- Disconnect all devices you can from your network. At our house, we have most of our stuff like our alexa's and doorbells and such on our 2.4ghz network while i use the 5ghz network for work/gaming.

-if you can, a wired connection from your router/modem will always be faster then wifi. Use that if possible.

- I mentioned staying in my login until like 3 till event starts, if not longer. The more you go into other rooms after restarting, the more your computer has to reload in the cache, therefore, if you stay in your login until the last possible second, you won't have to deal with being on market street and having to have your computer load every new person's avatar. 

- once the event starts, they usually load things on 5minute intervals. Keep the shop button open, but move it off to the side so when the pop ups for new items come, it doesn't cover the shop. Keep track of the time and click in time with the pattern. 

- Yes, there usually is a pattern. It's usually specials > members > gold stamps. But they also change the patterns randomly. 

- if you get a chance to refresh about 1/2 way through the event, do so. 

-use epicages.com or virtualfamilykingdom.com. They receive the datapackets from VFK's server faster than the client does.

- use an external mouse as opposed to a touch pad to make things easier on yourself.

- A mouse plugged into your USB is better than a wireless one.

- hit the ignore button on basically everyone except your friends. I don't know how much this affects your upload/download speed of your internet but it seems to help me 

Comments

• Kitten said:

I've told a few people about my tips to lessen lag for Antique shop, so this is what I do, and I'm able to get at least x1 item a round.

However, lag has lots of different factors that play into it. Your computer's CPU/Memory. Your internet's upload/download speed, the amount of people/devices on your network, and the amount of people/devices on your internet tower, your distance from a VFK server tower, and the population of said VFK server. 

Knowing that, there are a few things that can help. Let me start with your computer.

(So obviously having a high quality CPU and loads of RAM/memory, high speed internet help, but not everyone has that ability. But there are things you can do to help)

- Restart your computer. This resets your CPU and RAM cache, which is similar to clearing out temporary files and such. I do this about 20 minutes before antique starts, and stay in my login until like, 3 till.

- A couple hours before antique starts, go into your task manager, and see what's taking up the most of your memory/CPU. Make note of those applications.

- After you restart, go into your task manager and end those applications that suck up your memory/CPU. For me, this never fails to be adobe. So I end all adobe applications. Also, the more internet tabs you have open, the more memory/cpu space you take up. I only have 1-2 tabs open. One for VFK and one for something not intensive, like iheartradio or something. Which brings me to my next points.

- Certain web browsers take up more memory/CPU then others. Chrome is NOTORIOUS for sucking up memory. 

- if, when you are looking at your task manager, you notice that your browser is sucking up a significant chunk, use a different one. I go between chrome and firefox, I don't know about the edge browsers or internet explorer

- Going into private mode on Chrome seemed to help a lot. The only reason I can think of is because my extensions don't load in my chrome private browser.

-Audio takes up less bandwith on your network then video. So do not try to stream netflix or hulu or what have you while antique is happening. If you have to stream something (like me), try to do audio only. 

- Make sure no one in your household is like, playing fortnight or something if you can help it. Games like that will hog your internet. 

- Disconnect all devices you can from your network. At our house, we have most of our stuff like our alexa's and doorbells and such on our 2.4ghz network while i use the 5ghz network for work/gaming.

-if you can, a wired connection from your router/modem will always be faster then wifi. Use that if possible.

- I mentioned staying in my login until like 3 till event starts, if not longer. The more you go into other rooms after restarting, the more your computer has to reload in the cache, therefore, if you stay in your login until the last possible second, you won't have to deal with being on market street and having to have your computer load every new person's avatar. 

- once the event starts, they usually load things on 5minute intervals. Keep the shop button open, but move it off to the side so when the pop ups for new items come, it doesn't cover the shop. Keep track of the time and click in time with the pattern. 

- Yes, there usually is a pattern. It's usually specials > members > gold stamps. But they also change the patterns randomly. 

- if you get a chance to refresh about 1/2 way through the event, do so. 

-use epicages.com or virtualfamilykingdom.com. They receive the datapackets from VFK's server faster than the client does.

- use an external mouse as opposed to a touch pad to make things easier on yourself.

- A mouse plugged into your USB is better than a wireless one.

- hit the ignore button on basically everyone except your friends. I don't know how much this affects your upload/download speed of your internet but it seems to help me 

THANK YOU!!