Favorite Anime?

edited February 2019 in General
Hello all you lovely weirdos! So ever since I learned about Yandere Simulator, Doki Doki Literature Club, etc.. I've been fairly interested in anime.. that is, more than I ever was. Now I'm working on the Future Diary (みらい にっき Mirai Nikki) series (I just love the Yanderes!). I've also watched Shimoneta, which I am now thoroughly regretting Lol What are you guys favorite animes? After I finish this series, I won't know where to go. Thanks!
 HBForever's Signature
Thank you @Purrfect

Comments

• edited February 2019
    I'll give you my top 5 (plus other's that I highly recommend)

#1 Cowboy Bebop
    #2 FMAB
    #3 Deathnote
    #4 My Hero Academia
    #5 One Punch Man

Also recommend: Mob Psycho 100, Hunter x Hunter, Samurai Champloo, Gintama, Code Geass, Tokyo Ghoul, No Game No Life, Gurren Lagann, Attack on Titan, and of course Naruto and One Piece (which should go without saying).

If you don't like any of these, you can always google anime's similar to *insert what you enjoy* and people will usually have good options. I use to look up myamimelist.com for anime's to watch.
    tenor
  • @Guest153480 I love deathnote! What's cowboy bebop about?

snip_20190608133859
    A big thank you to @purrfect for drawing my wonderful signature!
  • edited February 2019
    I like 
    attack on titan 
    soul eater
    sailor moon 
    mermaid melody 
    tokyo mew mew 
    tokyo ghoul 
    princess tutu
    ouran high school host club
    fruits basket 
    inu yasha 
    yuri on ice
    free! 
    blue exocist 
    k-on
    lucky star 
    shugo chara 
    the various alice in wonderland and wizard of oz animes 
    devil is a part timer 
    black butler 
    one punch man
    full metal alchemist 
    little witch academia
    pretty cure
    cute high earth defender 
    ppg z
    card captor sakura 
    midori days 
    madoka magica 
    kill la kill 
    pop team epic
    detective Conan/case closed 
    captain harlock 
    fairy tale 
    zatch bell 
    sgt.frog 

cutelina
  • edited February 2019
    sugarandcoffee said:

@Guest153480 I love deathnote! What's cowboy bebop about?

In a very loose summary, Cowboy Bebop is about a group of cowboys, Spike, Jet, Faye, Edward and their dog Ein, who catch criminals for bounties, while also trying to overcome their own personal issues. The original members of the group are Spike and Jet, the rest show up later in the series. The anime is influenced from genres like sci fi, crime/drama and westerns.

The main arc/story, focuses on Spike Spiegel and his rivalry with Vicious, a criminal affiliated with the Red Dragon Syndicate –– but most episodes are about the group catching criminals aboard their ship, the Bebop (which is also a style of jazz music – which has a huge influence on the series). Over the course of the series, the group gets involved in disastrous situations, usually leaving them without money, while often confronting faces and events from their past.

What I like about Cowboy Bebop is the combination of music and visual story telling – and the animation is amazing. It was way ahead of it’s time in the late 90s and is regarded as the first anime that broke into the Western world (it was first anime broadcasted on Adult Swim). Some people even consider Cowboy Bebop the greatest anime of all time because of how influential it was. A review I read once really does the series justice – “It’s mainly about a no-good bunch of bounty hunters that you can’t help but love. The show has a near-flawless combination of stylish directing, compelling characters, unique settings, a nice mix of offbeat humor and drama, and whole lot of the coolest music around. Back that up with great voice casting and writing, incredible visuals, and some of the best animation sequences every produced, and you’ve got something truly memorable.”

tenor
  • edited February 2019
    -slams fist down on table- oh boy oh boy oh boy here we go
    -BIG INHALES-

angel beats
    another
    assassination classroom (1,2)
    blue exorcist (1,2)
    sailor moon series (bishoujo senshi sailor moon)
    erased (boku de ga inai machi)
    boku no hero academia
    chobits
    clannad (clannad after story)
    danganronpa
    dead man wonderland
    is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon? (Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka)
    elfin lied
    fruits basket
    gamers! 
    ace attorney ( Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari!)Watch Episode Video
    devil is a part timer (Hataraku Maou-sama!)Watch Episode Video
    when they cry (this is a little gory...) (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)Watch Episode Video
    himouto! umaru-chan
    restaurant to another world
    kill la kill
    miss kobayashi's dragon maid
    kono suba (shortening this; 1,2)
    black butler
    kiss him not me!
    lucky star
    madoka magica
    7 deadly sins
    new game! (1,2)
    no game no life
    noragami
    one punch man
    wolf children
    ouran highschool host club
    plastic neesan
    pop team epic (poputepipikku)
    poyo poyo
    re:zero
    food wars (1,2,3)
    soul eater
    tokyo goul
    uma musume: pretty derby
    witch blade
    yamada-kun and the 7 witches
    yuri on ice

color coding this:
    cutsey
    slice of life
    action/fantasy
    comedy
    serious
    need to watch are in bold

idk why it says watch video/episode but pls ignore i was copying and pasting the japanese titles and gave up lol
    art-starbucks 
  • I've been wanting to watch "Puella Magi Madoka Magica" but I need to find it..
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • only place i can think of is netflix... but 1. idk if you have an account
    art-starbucks 
  • It's also on Hulu as well.
    tenor
  • I found it on Amazon Prime.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • edited February 2019
    HBforever said:

I found it on Amazon Prime.

good! do enjoy! so worth it

here's some funny spoilers.... 
    art-starbucks 
  • You were correct! It is on Netflix! I'm going to start it tonight! THere are a LOT of animes on Netflix, such as Attack on Titan, Ouran Host Club, Deathnote, Voltron, etc!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

You were correct! It is on Netflix! I'm going to start it tonight! THere are a LOT of animes on Netflix, such as Attack on Titan, Ouran Host Club, Deathnote, Voltron, etc!

Sword Art Online is also on Netflix, but I would put that near the end of your list of shows to watch.
    tenor
  • edited February 2019
    Also, uniqlo had a Shonen Jump 50th Anniversary sale where they made shirts celebrating the 50th anniversary of weekly shonen jump series. I think they're out of stock on a lot of shirts, but I would definitely check it out. The shirts are pretty cool.
    tenor
  • Okay, I am LOVING Madoka Magica! It is awesome! 
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

Okay, I am LOVING Madoka Magica! It is awesome!

HBforever said:

HBforever said:

(god i hate this replying system. if i mess up even once this happens......)

HBforever said:

you'll be saying that now... -wiggles eyebrows-

art-starbucks 
  • I'm probably going to watch Deathnote or Host Club next.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • The story has gotten to a tragic point, but it's really well written!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • At the very beginning I was debating on whether or not to like Mami Tomoe lol And I'm disappointed that Madoka hasn't gotten her powers yet. :/
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

At the very beginning I was debating on whether or not to like Mami Tomoe lol And I'm disappointed that Madoka hasn't gotten her powers yet. :/

dont be so too disappointed just yet o.o
    art-starbucks 
  • O...M...G...! That was amazing! I finished the last episode and it was amazing! It was very sad but me being me with my stone hard heart didn't cry, but I do feel bad for Homura. And I was just starting to like Kyoko. But in the end it was Amazing!

HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

O...M...G...! That was amazing! I finished the last episode and it was amazing! It was very sad but me being me with my stone hard heart didn't cry, but I do feel bad for Homura. And I was just starting to like Kyoko. But in the end it was Amazing!

oh really? i blubbered like a baby. even my bf who got me into madoka, cried and he's not a crier xD
    art-starbucks 
  • It was super sad though! Madoka is so selfless! Doing something like that isn't something I would be able to do!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

It was super sad though! Madoka is so selfless! Doing something like that isn't something I would be able to do!

Honestly id watch it over and over, despite i know what's going to happen. That's how good it is <3
    art-starbucks 
  • HBforever said:

O...M...G...! That was amazing! I finished the last episode and it was amazing! It was very sad but me being me with my stone hard heart didn't cry, but I do feel bad for Homura. And I was just starting to like Kyoko. But in the end it was Amazing!

You should start Deathnote next!
    tenor
  • I wanted to do Deathnote… but I'm not sure yet..
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • I'm watcing the Seven Deadly Sins right now, and next I will be starting Blue Exorcist.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • I'm watcing the Seven Deadly Sins right now, and next I will be starting Blue Exorcist.
    How do you like Seven Deadly Sins? I'm currently watching That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime. It's not my favorite so I'm struggling to get through it.
    tenor
  • I LOVE 7 Deadly sins! I just finished it, and I think Gowther is my favorite sin!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • HBforever said:

I LOVE 7 Deadly sins! I just finished it, and I think Gowther is my favorite sin!

I haven't watched yet unfortunetl, but it's on my list of must see.
    tenor
  • and just the other day, I started Blue Exorcist. It's pretty good!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect