Gardening Tips!

Hello ladies and gentlemen of VFK! Earlier today I was talking to the amazing miss @sugarandcoffee on one of her discussions and we got a bit off topic. She has been reminding me to water her prized lemon trees, and it made me want to start a garden of my own in real life. She mentioned that she's always had kind of a green thumb, and I want to see what I can learn! 

Any tips? I know research would be helpful, but with all the pressure and stress I'm under right now, I think it best to ask around on here first!
I was thinking about planting a lemon tree if I can find a place to do it, and maybe some easter lilies, and if I could find the right kind... Tomatoes! :D Thank you!
 HBForever's Signature
Thank you @Purrfect

Comments

• Why don’t you start off with simple plants? It’s always good to know your environment and do research on which plants can survive through which seasons. I always found that the easiest plants to start off with were: aloe vera plants, bamboo plants, basil, and tomatoes. I have lived in different climates and I have found I could maintain these plants in a small pot throughout many climates.

I’ve always found gardening relaxing. I tend to plant more vegetables and fruits, however, i do also plant flowers when the weather permits it.

snip_20190608133859
    A big thank you to @purrfect for drawing my wonderful signature!
  • @sugarandcoffee Interesting, I had read that tomatoes weren't the easiest to start off with. Except... baby tomatoes...? I think that's what they are called. Have you ever planted a lemon tree?
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Honey, I use to have four gorgeous large lemon trees on my property back in Italy!! When I was very young I planted them with my father. That was my favorite view from my porch when I would wake up in the morning and go outside.

Tomatoes are not that hard, the easiest is definitely an aloe vera plant, impatiens, and sunflowers. Those are great for beginners as well.

snip_20190608133859
    A big thank you to @purrfect for drawing my wonderful signature!