Host Game Idea

Host trades.

You wrap an item in your inventory and send it to yourself so you can trade it away. The Hosts have wrapped items as well, you all do a one time trade. Simple - and a surprise as to what you might get. If people can refrain from having to have an entire conversations with the Hosts it might go pretty quickly. The Hosts can surprise us with great items and duds, luck of the draw!

Another idea i had was lucky chairs. If VFK could create teleporter chairs, we all stand behind a fence/wall/barrier whatever and they say go/open the barrrier- everyone grabs a chair - some will lead to a prize (teleporter room?) , some will not.  This one would go fast if everyone could get in and not be afk in the doorways. They could maybe put out like 20 chairs. Easy enough for them to move the winning losing chairs around..

Comments

• I’m all for new host games. The trading host event would be fun, but the gift wrapping one might either be good or bad though when thinking about the idea. The chairs event sounds fun too. I think it’s cool to have different host events. I miss the original spinner events and all the other types of host events they previously did.

I think VMK had host events like the trading idea, and it was fun because you were in a trade window with a staff. It’s a fun way to see what you get from a host event.

The bad part - it might feel silly to gift a staff as players might feel they do not need to give their stuff to staff, since staff can more than likely generate items. This would also make newer players feel uncomfortable if they do not have something to give to a staff the staff might enjoy. Players would more than likely just gift a crate,so they can get their host item and move on. The idea would be fun but the entire “trade” gimmick of the event might just make people sit in a trade longer talking, and make the event take long.

What does everyone else think?

On the other hand,
  • I hear you. I remember VMK having a trade but only pins. I was thinking it would be nice to have the items be a surprise thats why I suggested wrapped items. There are those players that only do Host events for a rare item not just for the fun of it. I like a surprise! I like the idea that the items are so random they could be old things or something new, a pin, a clothing, a furni - anything! Remeber people can always opt OUT of participating.
    As far as 'giving stuff to staff' this is a trade game I am suggesting. I feel the opposite. Sometimes it seems all we hear in this game is give me give me give me-- i need i need i need. And i am positive the Staff will understand getting old items not of much value - they don't need to keep them, its just for fun! 
    I agree the talking would slow it down,  however, that happens now in all games (as well as the AFK in the doorway nonsense) and Staff can make sure to shut it down - trade- trade, thank you bye.. basically. 

Anyway it was a suggestion and I'd LOVE more suggestions for NEW games. We could sure use them. 
  • @millsfan I would honestly love to see a host event promoting your art tab idea. We could use the host event as a test run to see how many people would like it. I think the event should be something you need to sign up for, which you could do through the HELP tab and send a report to alert the staff that you want to sign up for the host event. They'd temporarily award you an art board for a day so you can develop your art work, and then submit it for judging. The first three winners could maybe get an animated 'painting' pin. I think it'd be cool for the staff to pick special players to be judges and decide who wins. It'd be a fun little competition. 

For host hunts, instead of finding the staff members, maybe they can make specialized baskets (holiday themed) for us to find and whoever clicks on the gift first receives that specialized gift. Each basket could have something different in the basket. For example, for Easter, they can leave little Easter egg baskets around VFK and give us tips to where the baskets are hidden. 

I would honestly like to see a different twist on the games, I think it'd be even be cool for people to start introducing new games themselves and hosting them in their own rooms.

snip_20190608133859
    A big thank you to @purrfect for drawing my wonderful signature!
  • I thought it would be pretty fun if a player got randomly chosen to be the host of a host hunt. Basically you could have a random name generator and each hunt a random player could be selected from it to be host and some hunts could have the player and staff working together/two players working together. The staff would still give out the prizes once the player is found because I imagine that part would be more challenging on the player. I just thought it would be fun if players were given the chance to host.  
    cutelina
  • cute_lina said:

I thought it would be pretty fun if a player got randomly chosen to be the host of a host hunt. Basically you could have a random name generator and each hunt a random player could be selected from it to be host and some hunts could have the player and staff working together/two players working together. The staff would still give out the prizes once the player is found because I imagine that part would be more challenging on the player. I just thought it would be fun if players were given the chance to host.  

Yes, that would be cool, and what if the staff did give the player the option to pick what item was given out? 

snip_20190608133859
  • sugarandcoffee said:

cute_lina said:

I thought it would be pretty fun if a player got randomly chosen to be the host of a host hunt. Basically you could have a random name generator and each hunt a random player could be selected from it to be host and some hunts could have the player and staff working together/two players working together. The staff would still give out the prizes once the player is found because I imagine that part would be more challenging on the player. I just thought it would be fun if players were given the chance to host.  

Yes, that would be cool, and what if the staff did give the player the option to pick what item was given out? 
    thst would be cool if they could figure out a way to make that work. 
    cutelina
  • @cute_lina The staff could give us three options on what item we want the host prize to be. We choose one of the three items, and then they automatically reward it when the person says, “I found (insert players name)!”

But the only problem is that the staff would have to make us appear offline to the people we have on our friends list so that they don’t cheat and just go to the “location” of where we are.

snip_20190608133859
  • sugarandcoffee said:

@cute_lina The staff could give us three options on what item we want the host prize to be. We choose one of the three items, and then they automatically reward it when the person says, “I found (insert players name)!”

But the only problem is that the staff would have to make us appear offline to the people we have on our friends list so that they don’t cheat and just go to the “location” of where we are.

true that would be an easy way to cheat. 
    cutelina
  • sugarandcoffee said:

For host hunts, instead of finding the staff members, maybe they can make specialized baskets (holiday themed) for us to find and whoever clicks on the gift first receives that specialized gift. Each basket could have something different in the basket. For example, for Easter, they can leave little Easter egg baskets around VFK and give us tips to where the baskets are hidden. 

I love your idea. I think an even more simplified idea is that the Host item is hidden all over the kingdom and like you said, whoever finds it first clicks it and it disappears (to others). It would help if they made it only one per character per hunt. That does not stop clones but at least it slows down one person winning them all as they have to run around one player at a time, then switch to another if they win.    They don't really need to make us appear offline as its first come to the item and we can always turn off our location easy enough! i LOVE this idea. Instead of a Host hunt its a Host Item Hunt! 
  • sugarandcoffee said:

@millsfan I would honestly love to see a host event promoting your art tab idea. We could use the host event as a test run to see how many people would like it. I think the event should be something you need to sign up for, which you could do through the HELP tab and send a report to alert the staff that you want to sign up for the host event. They'd temporarily award you an art board for a day so you can develop your art work, and then submit it for judging. The first three winners could maybe get an animated 'painting' pin. I think it'd be cool for the staff to pick special players to be judges and decide who wins. It'd be a fun little competition. 

I would honestly like to see a different twist on the games, I think it'd be even be cool for people to start introducing new games themselves and hosting them in their own rooms.
    sugarandcoffee said:

@millsfan I would honestly love to see a host event promoting your art tab idea. We could use the host event as a test run to see how many people would like it. I think the event should be something you need to sign up for, which you could do through the HELP tab and send a report to alert the staff that you want to sign up for the host event. They'd temporarily award you an art board for a day so you can develop your art work, and then submit it for judging. The first three winners could maybe get an animated 'painting' pin. I think it'd be cool for the staff to pick special players to be judges and decide who wins. It'd be a fun little competition. 

Hi @sugarandcoffee I'm glad you like my idea for the Art tab.  I do not want to turn this thread into an Art tab discussion, so I will leave it at this post only…

Although I'd simply just enjoy it being in the game, I see the best opportunity to introduce art into VFk is to make it a MEMBER feature that VFK could advertise as another amazing benefit to VIP members (the art feature would be a feature to further help sell memberships).  Once the art feature is made available, I feel it should simply just be a feature for all VIP members, with art boards buyable for gold stamps (I specify all of this in the Art tab post).  

Hey, it's VFK's game after all.  If they wanted to introduce art in VFK in a host event… they can do what they want.  I am just here to give my ideas and feedback of what would be the smartest way to implement a big new, long awaited feature like the art tab into the game.  They should do it for the VFK Anniversary as the big new feature.
  • Fonna said:

I hear you. I remember VMK having a trade but only pins. I was thinking it would be nice to have the items be a surprise thats why I suggested wrapped items. There are those players that only do Host events for a rare item not just for the fun of it. I like a surprise! I like the idea that the items are so random they could be old things or something new, a pin, a clothing, a furni - anything! Remeber people can always opt OUT of participating.

As far as 'giving stuff to staff' this is a trade game I am suggesting. I feel the opposite. Sometimes it seems all we hear in this game is give me give me give me-- i need i need i need. And i am positive the Staff will understand getting old items not of much value - they don't need to keep them, its just for fun! 
    I agree the talking would slow it down,  however, that happens now in all games (as well as the AFK in the doorway nonsense) and Staff can make sure to shut it down - trade- trade, thank you bye.. basically. 

Anyway it was a suggestion and I'd LOVE more suggestions for NEW games. We could sure use them. 
    @Fonna I am all for the trading idea.. I think it would be fun because it is different.  I think the trading events could be cool if they had a few items prepared to randomly be distributed.  Perhaps these events would somewhat be like the antique shop in the sense that when the antique shop happens, many items are prepared for the event.  I'm not asking for trading events to have 30 new items like the antique shop, but maybe like 4 or 5 items?  This way when you randomly get traded a new item, theres a variety of options to play into the SURPRISE part.