Im Back!

Hi VFK!

I am now officially sitting at my computer and am finally done with my very, busy, long semester.  I have gotten immensely busy with my degree towards 3D Animation, and the projects require me to vanish from the realm of VFK (well really anything outside of my work :P ).  I think of VFK and all the games I enjoy playing everyday, but I am too busy to play.  Now successfully done with this semester, I am now able to come join everyone here on VFK again :). I am off from school for a little bit for Winter Break; I can't wait to see everyone on VFK the next few weeks…. I've missed playing so much, and am glad to have the ability to play now : )  

-millsfan

Comments

• Cool welcome back mills!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• edited December 2018
    Welcome Back!

That's so exciting to hear you are doing well with your studies!  I have been playing with computer art a little bit myself, nothing as advanced as 3D though, only pixel art, and I would love to see what you have created!
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • edited December 2018
    Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone.  I am so excited to play this winter… I've missed VFK a lot!
  • Welcome back mills!! 

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • Thank you @SportyChic :) Hope to see you on VFK
  • @millsfan

You must have learned a lot about 3D, can you teach us some of what you have learned?  maybe make a little tutorial with pictures of your work and what software to use.  It would be so cool to make 3D art for the forum and signatures!

I know that you are back to have fun, and making a tutorial would take time, so I would be willing to trade some stuff for the tutorial lol, maybe help you get caught up on what you have missed!

Let me know that you think! 
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • @millsfan

You must have learned a lot about 3D, can you teach us some of what you have learned?  maybe make a little tutorial with pictures of your work and what software to use.  It would be so cool to make 3D art for the forum and signatures!

I know that you are back to have fun, and making a tutorial would take time, so I would be willing to trade some stuff for the tutorial lol, maybe help you get caught up on what you have missed!

Let me know that you think! 
    Well the work I did this semester was a very big project… so much so that we had the entire semester to complete it, so explaining that would be crazy. This was an introductory class to a 3D sculpting program called Zbrush.  I had never used the program before this class, so it was a little difficult the first week (as I was just trying to get comfortable in the program).  Unfortunately Zbrush is not a free program, so it won't easily be accessible to anyone on the miss clue forums that wants to play around with it :P.  In this introductory class, we learned how to use Zbrush, and our goal for the semester was to create a photorealistic 3d Model of a human.  

When you use a program like Zbrush, its very free in what you can do.  Its like sculpting with clay, but digitally.  It's a really cool program.  If you ever explore learning 3D sculpting and get your hands In Zbrush, here are some basic ways to start understanding the different brushes in the program.  
    -Press "B" on the keyboard.  This lets you access a ton of brushes that do different things when you sculpt on geometry.  For example, the "Clay build up" brush adds geometry to the surface you're modeling, whereas a different brush such as the "Damstandard" brush will make cuts in the geometry when you sculpt (this could be good for sculpting something with a crack in it).  You just have to play around with the different brushes, and figure out what will work for what you're trying to do while sculpting.  Although there are a lot of brushes, I found myself using these brushes mostly when sculpting my human model:
    Clay Build up (adds geometry)
    Dam Standard (cuts sharp edges)
    Hpolish (smooches the geometry in a circular motion)
    Trim Dynamic (smooshes geometry flat)
    Standard brush (I used this with RGB turned on to do "poly painting", this was painting the texture on the character so it looks like she has skin).

It was really cool to learn the basics of Zbrush, and I hope to get better at it as I sculpt more.  
  • edited December 2018
    @millsfan

Wow that's so cool!  Thank you so much for sharing a little bit of what you've been learning! 

Is that what they use to make the humans in movies like the Avengers?  And when you graduate will you be able to work at a movie studio?  That must be really exciting!

How did your human turn out by the way?

EDIT:

I found the Zbrush website and it has a trial version that works for 45 days, I think I might try it out using your tips!

• edited December 2018
    There are a lot of programs people use, and Zbrush is starting to become very used in the industry. Making characters for movies and games is really complex, and is usually the most expensive asset in a game because it is the main asset of the game or movie (either you’re playing as the character, or it is seen in the movie often, so it is important it has a lot of time spent on it/looks good).

My human sculpture looks good. I was also taking 3 other classes, so I did necessary get everything done. I did sculpt and texture the full body. I was the only one in the class who had their model with photo realistic texturing; I also was the only one who sculpted the human anatomically accurate/good proportions.

I did not get to do the teeth, eyes, or one of the hardest parts, the hair. I can always revisit this project though and add on to it as I get better. I’m still proud of what I did accomplish though...it was hard to manage all 4 if these classes.
  • That is awesome that you were at the top of your class!  Do you feel that 3D Animation is going to be a career you will be able to pursue?

Also what industry would you want to work in most, Video Games, Movies or Visualization?  

And I am also excited to know about the other 3 classes that you were taking lol
  • Blossomflower said:

That is awesome that you were at the top of your class!  Do you feel that 3D Animation is going to be a career you will be able to pursue?

Also what industry would you want to work in most, Video Games, Movies or Visualization?  

And I am also excited to know about the other 3 classes that you were taking lol
    I would love to be able to work on video games, but who knows where life will take me. Right now I’m just trying to learn.
  • I'm not sure where to post this but thank you Mills for suggesting this enchantment! What a wonderful welcome back greeting from VFK huh? :) Aside from your snowflake beanie of course!

I dug in devblog when you commented it!

Wrapped Presents FX - Antique DevBlog Suggestion Screenshot

Love how it sparkles so much!

Wrapped Presents FX - Antique DevBlog Suggestion Screenshot 1
    Wrapped Presents FX - Antique DevBlog Suggestion Screenshot 2
    Wrapped Presents FX - Antique DevBlog Suggestion Screenshot 3

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VFK ROCKS! 

:D

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • edited December 2018
    Oh I totally didn't see this!  More than one person suggested Gift Magic!

Congrats @millsfan and @Holly!!

And of course we have our very own "Gift" Princess here on Miss Clue XD
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• LOL Its so funny because when the enchantment came out I Was like OMG that is awesome… and I suggested it so long ago I forgot I suggested it.  I was talking to @GIftPrincess and she reminded me that I suggested it (and then I remembered).  OMG Its so awesome how the presents fall down, I love t!  Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.54.51 AM

Thank you @GiftPrincess for finding those devblog posts… I had no clue when it was I suggested this.  I know it was not this year though as I have been too busy to plan throughout my school semester.  What an awesome surprise.
  • OMG they actually made it!!!! YAY!! :O
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • iStella said:

Oh I totally didn't see this!  More than one person suggested Gift Magic!

Congrats @millsfan and @Holly!!

And of course we have our very own "Gift" Princess here on Miss Clue XD
    LOLOL! So happy!

millsfan said:

LOL Its so funny because when the enchantment came out I Was like OMG that is awesome… and I suggested it so long ago I forgot I suggested it.  I was talking to @GIftPrincess and she reminded me that I suggested it (and then I remembered).  OMG Its so awesome how the presents fall down, I love t!  Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.54.51 AM

Thank you @GiftPrincess for finding those devblog posts… I had no clue when it was I suggested this.  I know it was not this year though as I have been too busy to plan throughout my school semester.  What an awesome surprise.
    I truly remembered I remember seconding it and pushing for it last year! :P

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question