Monthly room contests

I know this might sound like a lot, and some might be turned off to the idea because it COULD be a lot of work (and credits), but this would be a scaled-down version of the main contests that we all love.  You can even enter rooms that you've already built.  

The prize would just be a simple pin that goes along with said month.  (So January, something to do with a snowman, February, maybe something like a cupid pin, March a clover, April rainy pin, May a flower pin, etc etc )

I just think that this could be really cool and fun for people.  Because you'd only win a pin, not as many people would probably enter, but it would give those who don't always win or don't always place, a chance to win for a change opposed to the same people winning time and time again.  

There could be monthly themes that match the pin, or no theme and we just get to see some pretty awesome rooms!  

Comments

• I love this idea! Im always down for more building contests!

• I like this idea of monthly no-themed mini-contests. It would make "judging" (if there was any) a bit more diverse, since we wouldn't be judging based on a certain theme. Plus, being able to submit rooms that are already built would save time for those who don't have much free-time on their hands, like myself. As for participation/reward pins (going along with the idea of no themes), maybe they could be different colors to represent the month? For example, January could be light blue, February pink, March green, etc?
    ★☆★☆★
    butterflyaway
    If you'd like a signature similar to mine, please message me! I take requests!
    whistle
    ★☆★☆★

• edited October 2018
    I like this idea!

I have always wished VFK had more building contests, because before they started doing garden contests more frequently, it was such a long wait between the Gingerbread contest and the Sandcastle contest. 

If VFK did do monthly contests, I think it would be nice if they were kind of like a fusion between the style of the main contests (SC/Halloween/GB) and a blitz contest. I think it would be a bit much if they were all treated like the main contests (getting weeks to enter/build/judge) and it wouldn't be as fun and creative if they were all blitz (getting a couple hours to build). If you mix the two together and say, have a few days to enter and build before judging, it wouldn't be as exhausting or time consuming while still giving us a chance to be imaginative and effectively express our ideas.

I also really like the idea of having no set theme for these contests. We've had SC/Halloween/GB contests for YEARS and we continue to see the same recycled builds year after year because there is only so much you can do when the theme is so narrow and judging is so strict. Having no theme would really let everyone's creative ideas flow and present less of a chance of people building the same thing, making judging less tedious and uninspiring. 

Overall I really support this idea!!!! Some months on VFK are dry and don't have a whole lot going on, so having something to look forward to each month would be nice!