2018 Sand Castle Competition

edited August 2018 in General
Let's see everyone's rooms! 

Congrats to all the winners! 

Here's mine! 

The Queen of Hearts Vacation Castle

The Jabberwocky heard something, or someone, running through the mushroom forest.  So, he caught the smell and took off.  He found a hunter and chased him all of the way to the Queen of Hearts vacation Castle!  The hunter ran and ran, but it seemed like he would never make it to see the next day!  Until he got to the bridge and he saw the guards.  Then the Jabberwocky stopped it's chase and stood, watching from the beach!  Won of the guards even ran to his defense, but the fire was far too much for him, now he stands burnt to a crisp! The Hunter just has to hope that he doesn't start hearing, "Off with his Ahead! Off with his Ahead!"

---- Count and see how many Alice In Wonderland references you can spot (;

2018sandcastle

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Room Title: Hidden Floral Castle

Description: Tucked away in the western countryside, this elegant floral castle lives off the land. Master Lorinteen welcomes guests into his new home.

• edited August 2018
    Trying to upload a picture of my room but it keeps glitching.... sorry

• Can't upload any pics for some reason today, Sent a message into HELP! 
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • "The Water Gardens"
    ---In the sit-i of Sun-spy-ear of Door-'n-eh is the beautiful residence of the Mart-tell's. The palace sits right on the beach of the Summer Sea, which allows the Mart-tell's and the Sands to enjoy wonderful weather year-round.
    "Un-bowed, un-ben-it, un-broken"

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 9.27.08 PM
  • How do you get the pic of your room on here?

• Butterflykisses said:

How do you get the pic of your room on here?

You have to screenshot your room and save it!  and then upload it using the little blue picture button on here. 
  • Butterflykisses said:

How do you get the pic of your room on here?

@butterflykisses 

On the lefthand side of the toolbar, there's a blue photo. Click that and you should be able to upload a photo. 
    I'm not sure what computer you use, but this is how it looks for me on my Macbook... All of my screenshots upload to my desktop and I upload from there. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 10.16.32 PM
    Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 10.16.43 PM

I hope this helps!
  • ok ty I will try :) hugs

• Bellatrix said:

"The Water Gardens"
    ---In the sit-i of Sun-spy-ear of Door-'n-eh is the beautiful residence of the Mart-tell's. The palace sits right on the beach of the Summer Sea, which allows the Mart-tell's and the Sands to enjoy wonderful weather year-round.

I got yours !!!!! So pretty
  • edited August 2018
    CONGRATS to everybody!!!! I enjoyed judging the creative rooms this year. Every room was so creative! Wow! So inspiring and I learned a lot as well. :D Keep on building!

Celestial Floating Palaces Of the North

Have we simply grown too old for tales of knights and kings in floating castles? Or to gather star dust and let  them lead the way on roads less travelled by? Have we simply lost the courage to dream far beyond the sky's limit, testing the boundaries of our youth? I say, never perish the thought. Never give out nor give in. Keep the dream alive!

SANDCASTLE 2018 CELESTIAL FLOATING PALACES full view

Zoomed In:

Spoiler:
    ….

SANDCASTLE 2018 CELESTIAL FLOATING PALACES zoom 1
    SANDCASTLE 2018 CELESTIAL FLOATING PALACES zoom 2
    SANDCASTLE 2018 CELESTIAL FLOATING PALACES zoom 3

….

Building process!!!

SANDCASTLE CONTEST 2018 Building Process collage
    SANDCASTLE CONTEST 2018 Building Process collage1

Spoiler:

….

SANDCASTLE CONTEST 2018 Building Process 1
    SANDCASTLE CONTEST 2018 Building Process 2
    SANDCASTLE CONTEST 2018 Building Process 3
    SANDCASTLE CONTEST 2018 Building Process 4
    SANDCASTLE CONTEST 2018 Building Process 5
    SANDCASTLE CONTEST 2018 Building Process 6

….

Spoiler:

I shall do that VFK! <3 08/28/18 #tripleinfinity

"YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS DAY FOREVER" - Newsletter 08/28/18

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • edited August 2018
    Here is my room!! :)

A special thanks to the following players:
    (Those clouds are expensive!!!!! I couldn't have done it without all of you!)

@Millionear - Donated credits toward my room!!
    @Auntie_Skybluepink - Did a lot of gaming with me in laser tag (multiple times) so I could earn credits toward my room and donated credits too!!
    @pirateboi - Donated a toy sail boat from 2009 toward my room!! (It is a really old item and not the easiest to find.)
    Sparkle_Angel (My real life Mom!) - Donated credits toward my room!! Sadly she doesn't get on Miss Clue boards but am thanking her here anyway.

Above The Sea

Room Name:

Above The Sea

Room Description:
    Way up high, in a place far above the sea, floats a golden
    palace of pure majesty. Amongst its marble steps lives a gorgeous princess who
    is as humble as she is kind. While peering out over the balcony she focuses her
    eyes upon the surrounding clouds and is captivated by their elaborate beauty.
    Without a second thought, she reaches in her small bag beside her, gets out a
    magical feather, and begins to sing quietly under her breath. Before she even
    finishes the last note, she lifts up into air and flies out to meet the clouds
    she had so admired. For with this, may it be a reminder to always let ourselves
    take hold of the opportunities (as they come) that allow us to live life to its
    fullest. When we recognize the true treasures that many times are right in
    front of us and then... take flight!

My Inspiration:
    Recently I was at my sister's apartment on the third floor and I started watching the clouds floating outside her window as I was falling asleep on her couch for a nap. They were so pretty that I pictured myself in this big golden castle in the sky while looking out the window at the clouds. In my vision though, the clouds had golden sparkles and golden hue to them.. (very fantasy-like clouds). Sadly, I couldn't add the gold sparkles to the clouds in VFK but anyway.. the princess in the story and room represents me as I looked out the window at the clouds.

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• Water we did same theme without talking wow so cool! :D #friendsheep

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • not sure if you can see it or not,.... hoping... Sand Castle Carnival :)
  • GiftPrincess said:

Water we did same theme without talking wow so cool! :D #friendsheep

They did have VERY similar concept I agree. Different look but similar concept. BOTH floating castles up in the air. ;)

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• Woot it's fixed!! Here is mine!

It's called: Castle Boardwalk!  
    I knew the moment I saw this room I had to use it!! 
    Hollys2018Castle
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • Posting in behalf of BUTTERFLYKISSES! :) :) :)

@Butterflykisses room: SAND CASTLE PLAY CARNIVAL

Sandcastle BUTTERFLYKISSES SUMMER CARNIVAL CASTLE 1
    Sandcastle BUTTERFLYKISSES SUMMER CARNIVAL CASTLE 2
    Sandcastle BUTTERFLYKISSES SUMMER CARNIVAL CASTLE

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • GiftPrincess said:

Posting in behalf of BUTTERFLYKISSES! :) :) :)

@Butterflykisses room: SAND CASTLE PLAY CARNIVAL

Sandcastle BUTTERFLYKISSES SUMMER CARNIVAL CASTLE 1
    Sandcastle BUTTERFLYKISSES SUMMER CARNIVAL CASTLE 2
    Sandcastle BUTTERFLYKISSES SUMMER CARNIVAL CASTLE
    CUTE! I love how it makes me think of a party bounce castle for a birthday party! hehe ;)

waterfallglow signature

• thank you so much Gift for posting :)))) it won't let me like things on here, gives me and error ...blah
  • thank you waterfall :x
  • Butterflykisses said:

thank you waterfall :x

you're welcome!! :)

waterfallglow signature

• Room name: Castle by the sea
    Room description: inspired by one of my favourite castles.
    I got bellatrix's room, holly's room and butterfly's room.

entry
    cutelina
  • edited August 2018
    here is mine congrats to everyone else who placed as well :) 
     : 

Haunted Sand Crypt 

YA YA
    bd95c5fe7175cdaddea9d8be2191da8a_original
  • Bellatrix said:

"The Water Gardens"

This was my favorite room.

• This is my room!

Spoiler:

2018-08-29 10_42_39 AM Kitten - Kitten's 2018 Sand Castle competition

And this is the room description!

Spoiler:
    A Classic Beach House...everything you imagine a beach house should be...the perfect place for your family holiday. It has been professionally decorated in a beautiful and comfortable Colonial Style!

@GiftPrincess and special thanks to @mamasama

@CozyFallWitch holy cow! I love your room <3<3
  • edited August 2018
    here is mine

Spoiler:

Tropical Island Resort

sandcastle2018-1
    sandcastle2018-2

kinda hard to capture it all in pictures but you get the idea
  • Downtown VFK
    "Come enjoy a night out on the town- tons of restaurants, places to hang out, and plenty of room to dance. Make sure to check out our neighborhood grill, Virtual Family Grill, and our featured chill-out spot, Historic Hang Out, which even features an outdoor dance floor!"
    Spoiler:
    sand
    Marina_and_the_diamonds
  • Kitten said:

This is my room!

Spoiler:

2018-08-29 10_42_39 AM Kitten - Kitten's 2018 Sand Castle competition

And this is the room description!

Spoiler:
    A Classic Beach House...everything you imagine a beach house should be...the perfect place for your family holiday. It has been professionally decorated in a beautiful and comfortable Colonial Style!

@GiftPrincess and special thanks to @mamasama

@CozyFallWitch holy cow! I love your room <3<3
    Thank you Kitten! Love yours as well ! :) 
    bd95c5fe7175cdaddea9d8be2191da8a_original
  • waterfallglow said:

Here is my room!! :)

A special thanks to the following players:
    (Those clouds are expensive!!!!! I couldn't have done it without all of you!)

@Millionear - Donated credits toward my room!!
    @Auntie_Skybluepink - Did a lot of gaming with me in laser tag (multiple times) so I could earn credits toward my room and donated credits too!!
    @pirateboi - Donated a toy sail boat from 2009 toward my room!! (It is a really old item and not the easiest to find.)
    Sparkle_Angel (My real life Mom!) - Donated credits toward my room!! Sadly she doesn't get on Miss Clue boards but am thanking her here anyway.

Above The Sea

Room Name:

Above The Sea

Room Description:
    Way up high, in a place far above the sea, floats a golden
    palace of pure majesty. Amongst its marble steps lives a gorgeous princess who
    is as humble as she is kind. While peering out over the balcony she focuses her
    eyes upon the surrounding clouds and is captivated by their elaborate beauty.
    Without a second thought, she reaches in her small bag beside her, gets out a
    magical feather, and begins to sing quietly under her breath. Before she even
    finishes the last note, she lifts up into air and flies out to meet the clouds
    she had so admired. For with this, may it be a reminder to always let ourselves
    take hold of the opportunities (as they come) that allow us to live life to its
    fullest. When we recognize the true treasures that many times are right in
    front of us and then... take flight!

My Inspiration:
    Recently I was at my sister's apartment on the third floor and I started watching the clouds floating outside her window as I was falling asleep on her couch for a nap. They were so pretty that I pictured myself in this big golden castle in the sky while looking out the window at the clouds. In my vision though, the clouds had golden sparkles and golden hue to them.. (very fantasy-like clouds). Sadly, I couldn't add the gold sparkles to the clouds in VFK but anyway.. the princess in the story and room represents me as I looked out the window at the clouds. 

You are welcome. I'm glad i could help a friend out. If there is ever anything that you think i might have please don't hesitate to ask! 

• edited August 2018
    This is @Princess_Polkadot contest room. I am posting it for her by her request.

Room Name:
    Sand Castle Village

princess_polkadot's Contest Room

waterfallglow signature

• This is @Auntie_Skybluepink contest room. I am posting it for her by her request.

Room Name:
    Fire and Water at Peace

Room Description:
    Fire and water are peace.fully balanced here, each seeking to help everyone. Humans live between the too. White is for hope.

auntie_skybluepink's Contest Room

waterfallglow signature