painting dolls

Hey guys!

A while back I came across videos of people who repaint barbie dolls (and other dolls like bratz and monster high). I thought it was really cool so I wanted to try it. I went to the thrift store and bought a few dolls. They're in such bad condition but i'll fix them right up. :))
Also, I spotted this dress in the girls section and thought it would be PERFECT to make a cute dress or top for a VFK_Vintage doll! It's so sparkly and pink. :D 
(I mean.. I could probably make a whole wardrobe of outfits out of this one dress) xD

pink dress

Right now i'm working on rerooting the hair of a doll. Since this is my first time doing this, i'm just making a random doll to try things out and see what works and what doesn't. After it's finished, i'm going to get to work on the Vintage doll. Maybe I can make a whole collection of VFK dolls! OMG..and Miss Clue dolls would be neat too!! ahhhh I better get to work! :-O

I figured I would post progress photos and whatnot here. so..yeah.. :)
art gallery 2
"All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
"YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
"If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
"I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
"Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage

Tagged:

Comments

• oooo fun! Vintage would love that as a dress XD
    Just an artist who loves anime and video games!
    76722c13-5af4-4bd2-a517-f4051b16cbca-tumblr_p5c4cir7241sejmmmo7_540
  • :o That's so cool! Good luck and I look forward to seeing what they look like!
    SDS
  • Good luck!
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • thanks guys! :)

I forgot to take a before picture of the doll and it was in such bad shape, I can't even find out which doll it is :o

Also, i'm going to post some of the update photos as a spoiler since I know some people are uncomfortable with seeing doll heads detached from the bodies and vice versa. 

So here's my first update on the test doll!
    I removed (most of) the factory paint from the face and took out all the hair. I'm currently in the process of rerooting the hair with yarn. I don't know yet if I want to try to just unravel the yarn so it'll look wavy or if I want to straighten it. So that's why it's so long but I do plan on cutting it xD

Spoiler:
    IMG_5702
    art gallery 2
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf

• how did you... YOUR A WIZARD. HOW DID YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO THAT.
  • Really great work @Awesome_Piper.  It will be cool to see how it goes!
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • ok..Unraveling the yarn is a very tedious process so I don't have much done at the moment ~X(

but here is an update: 
    Spoiler:
    doll update

i'm thinking of making this doll into a mermaid or a fairy! so i'm pretty excited about that :D
    art gallery 2

• your dog photo bombed :Pi
  • Such a cute dog! And that is a creepy doll head, I mean, no paint, and more than half of it's hair gone. -shivers- Weird
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • this is such a neat project!! keep it up @Awesome_Piper <:-P
  • @TacoCat yes. she wouldn't go away :u

@HBforever thanks :) and yeah, it does look really weird xD

@SparkleDream thank ya :D
    art gallery 2

• Oh....... @Awesome_Piper she's so pretty, are you still working on her?

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• She was looking so lovely, I hope you come back to this @Awesome_Piper
    ColourzRNice2
  • it's been a while since I've worked on the doll. I really want to get back to it though! 

I keep doing this thing where I get ideas and start new projects and they kinda pile up cause I never finish them.. :))
    art gallery 2

• I would also love to see it finished, or whatever project you're currently working on!  That would be neat. :)

Great work by the way!
    I am a total mystery girl!
    Never without my magnifying glass <3
    MarzipanFromBluewiz3
    Thanks to @bluewiz for this amazing Secret Santa Christmas present!!