Question about Francoise (SPOILERS)

Spoiler:
Was anyone else SO SURE that Francoise was the sorcerer who trapped the family in the painting? I was absolutely positive. First, it was a painter who cursed the family, and Jane first finds Francoise covered in paint because he was "painting a barn." He also just so happens to be sleeping in the garden in the middle of winter with no shirt on and his eyes open (as if he had some weird supernatural power to prevent him from getting frostbite or closing his eyes). Second, he is laying on top of a pile of buried items that had belonged to the family, one item being a paintbrush and another item being Nancy's doll which triggers Nancy's appearance (or Jane's entrance into the painting.) Why would he be burying these items if not to prevent people from being able to get them and communicate with the family? He also says something about burying his "past sins" referring to something bad he has done in the past. This is what primarily made me suspicious of him, but then there were other little things. The sorcerer trapped the family in the painting because he felt spurned by Augusta, whom he had fallen in love with. In Francoise's cabin was a newspaper clipping about Augusta's singing career, right on his table, as if he was keeping it for remembrance. He also was the one who was able to tell Jane the full story about the sorcerer trapping people in paintings, particularly women he had fallen in love with. It would make sense for the sorcerer himself to know the full story. Also, Francoise is able to open the "stuck" back door with no problem. Both Jane and Captain Jack can't go through the back door without using a prybar, but Francoise acts like Jane is crazy when she mentions the fact that Francoise was able to open it with no issue. At this moment, I definitely thought it was a hint at his magical abilities. But in the end of the game, Francoise just...wasn't the culprit. In fact, the culprit was never found, caught, or mentioned again. Despite the game not resolving this element of the story, I'm still convinced Francoise was the sorcerer (it would make sense for him to still be alive after all these years since I imagine a sorcerer would be immortal).

Comments

• Oh my gosh!!  That makes like so much sense!  I agree with you 100%!

You noticed so much more than I did playing lol I guess I must be pretty mindless.  This is really cool though thanks for posting your conclusion.
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• I totally thought the same thing!! All the evidence lined up and then there was just--  
    Spoiler:
    no villain???]
     I was so conviced and ready to  
    Spoiler:
    use his own crossbow against him