An Awesome Idea for the Gold Stamp Catalog!

As far as Gold Stamp, first of all i think they need to create more books and break up the last 2 into maybe 4 books!  

But, more importantly - I have asked so many times over the years, on here and on the DevBlog, for an Interactive TOC (Table of Contents) for Gold Stamp! It could work like this: 

1.  An entirely new Directory Book to be created that does not contain items. This is the one you would click in the shop.
Inside this book is a Table of Contents containing the Book Titles, i.e. Volume One, Volume Two, etc.
Under each Book Title is a list of the items found in that book.
THE BOOK TITLES WOULD BE THE ONLY LINKS AND WHEN YOU CLICK ONE THAT BOOK WILL OPEN.  You KNOW you have the right book because you found what you're looking for in the item list under it. 

and then ...

2.  After clicking the Link to the Book you want, the first page or two contains the items list again, but this time each item is linked to the page the item is found in the book.
The Link could be only the Page Number - Not each item as Page Number Only links would be less cumbersome. 

An interactive TOC would make our lives so much easier when shopping for Gold Stamp Items.  It would certainly help us when we need to find items such as mood lights, mannequins, fog, floor fractures and other items we use regularly in building.

I hope this idea gets the attention it deserves, i think anyway! lol

ANOTHER thing i would LOVE to see is a pop up title when you mouse over for the icons in our active tiles, both on the left and right of the window!  

Hope you like these ideas and can implement them in VFK!  Hugs!!

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

Comments

• Honestly, I think the Gold Stamps books should come with a table of contents for each one. There's so much lag in Buffy's Store anyway, and a few of the books have so many pages and items that it's hard to find what you're looking for. An interactive table of contents would help a lot!

Separating the items by holiday and style, like the couches and chairs could be a category.

There could also be another catalog titled "New Items" That come out, and as more new Items (each month or each year) come out, the older items could get re-organized into their respective categories.

Not sure how the coding would work to make this work, but it would make organization a lot easier and keep down the amount of lag for players. It could save many players from their systems crashing.

So, the directory/table of contents, is definitely something I would love to see. Sorry for the repeat information :)

Much love!

-Red

• Great Ideas Red!
    RedSunHalo said:

Honestly, I think the Gold Stamps books should come with a table of contents for each one. There's so much lag in Buffy's Store anyway, and a few of the books have so many pages and items that it's hard to find what you're looking for. An interactive table of contents would help a lot!

Separating the items by holiday and style, like the couches and chairs could be a category.

There could also be another catalog titled "New Items" That come out, and as more new Items (each month or each year) come out, the older items could get re-organized into their respective categories.

Not sure how the coding would work to make this work, but it would make organization a lot easier and keep down the amount of lag for players. It could save many players from their systems crashing.

So, the directory/table of contents, is definitely something I would love to see. Sorry for the repeat information :)

Much love!

-Red
    I love the idea of separating the items by category! 

i did mention about a Table of Contents in each book, although i neglected to name it as such! lol i said "list of items":

2.  After clicking the Link to the Book you want, the first page or two contains the items list again, but this time each item is linked to the page the item is found in the book.
    The Link could be only the Page Number - Not each item as Page Number Only links would be less cumbersome. 

And with a Page Number link - then you would only click the page number to jump to the items you want, not the item title.  The link contains less information, taking up less space and memory, therefore hopefully reducing lag.

LOL I've repeated this information at least two or three times to developers over the years!  Hopefully they will or already have this upgrade on their agenda!  

Mega Hugs!

Mama

frozen

• OH HEAVENS YES, A REVAMP OF GOLDSTAMPS BOOK SYSTEMS WOULD BE A BENEFIT! PLEASE DO THIS . SOMEONE ALSO SAID (SCRAPPERGAL?) AN ITEM INVENTORY FOR ALL PURCHASABLE ITEMS AND WHAT STORE THEY ARE FOUND IN PLACED IN UNDER OUR MENU TAB. MEANING THERE WOULD BE A SEARCH OPTION (DIRECTORY) TO FIND ITEMS AVAILABLE TO BUY IN SHOPS, SAYING WHERE TO BUY THEM, EVEN LISTING SEASONAL ITEMS, AND GOLD STAMPS. HOORAY FOR ITEM INDEX IDEAS!
  • Auntie_Skybluepink said:

OH HEAVENS YES, A REVAMP OF GOLDSTAMPS BOOK SYSTEMS WOULD BE A BENEFIT! PLEASE DO THIS . SOMEONE ALSO SAID (SCRAPPERGAL?) AN ITEM INVENTORY FOR ALL PURCHASABLE ITEMS AND WHAT STORE THEY ARE FOUND IN PLACED IN UNDER OUR MENU TAB. MEANING THERE WOULD BE A SEARCH OPTION (DIRECTORY) TO FIND ITEMS AVAILABLE TO BUY IN SHOPS, SAYING WHERE TO BUY THEM, EVEN LISTING SEASONAL ITEMS, AND GOLD STAMPS. HOORAY FOR ITEM INDEX IDEAS!

YES! i read that too! that would be awesome. Here i am building and i'm looking for items and going store to store! LOL

frozen