Event Tonight!

edited June 2020 in General
Hi everyone! This post is a little too late to invite you to come play my "Space Merchant Interactive Ride" game, but if you see this before the event starts (in less than thirty minutes) I hope you can come!

I just wanted to post this to get some feedback on the event, and what you liked/disliked about it! I may do this type of event in the future with a different theme than space, so I want to make sure I make it as fun and enjoyable for everyone!

On a different note, I really enjoyed making this event! I plan on making more events in the future (not just interactive rides, but a ton of different types!). 

I want to get some opinions about a kind of general type of event I wanted to try as well. I would like to host a few events during a week, and award prizes (most likely credits, like tonight's event) during those events. I would also keep track of who wins at each event during the week. At the end of the week, I put all of the winners into a random drawing and the person who is drawn wins a HOST item (maybe even draw two or three people's names). Your name could also be entered multiple times, if you came and won at different events throughout the week. I'm not sure if this would interest anyone, but I know I always enjoy playing games so I thought I would make a post about it! Please let me know your thoughts on this idea as well! :)

Thanks everybody!! :)

Comments

• @Paintcan This sounds like a lot of fun, I'll sure be there!
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • THIS WAS THE BEST EVENT EVER!!!!

The rooms were so creative, and I just loved them all!

Some feedback would be ambiance in the rooms, I had my speakers up and the rooms needed some immersive sounds!

I can't wait for the next one!

Here are some screenshots of my trip through the game, it took me 4 tries to win lol, the last room had be stumped!  I counted 16 and it was 17!

PaintcanEvent1

PaintcanEventYay
    PaintcanEvent13
    PaintcanEvent12
    PaintcanEvent10
    PaintcanEvent8
    PaintcanEvent7
    PaintcanEvent3
    PaintcanEventSorry
    PaintcanEvent6
    PaintcanEvent2
    PaintcanEvent4
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Yay!! Thanks so much for everyone who came. :•) I had so much fun tonight and I hope everyone who was able to come did as well!!

Updates now that the event is over:

Suggestions/Changes for Next Time
    Spoiler:
    • Sounds within the rooms! Thank you Blossomflower!! I also realized about twenty minutes before the event started that NONE OF THE ROOMS HAD ANY NOISES!! I usually play with no sound on and listen to my own music while playing VFK, so it didn't even cross my mind until the last mintue. I will definitely make sure to change that for next time I have any type of event!!
    • If you get an answer incorrect, you will start the ride OVER and not get booted to Balta Street! I know a lot of you were troopers and re-entered the queue and I SUPER DUPER appreciate your commitment to finishing! BUT that's so silly to have to re-enter the queue to start all over! I will definitely make sure that if you get an answer incorrect you will stay within the ride system, but just start back at the beginning of the ride instead!
    • I will add more suggestions here and make a master list if other people post their suggestions as well! :D

Winners - Space Merchant Interactive Ride (06/07/2020)

Thank you all so much for playing, and you have all been entered for the raffle at the end of the week for a special HOST PRIZE.

I have ANOTHER event going on tomorrow, at the same time!!! It is on the event calendar right now!! I hope you can make it. I plan to have some more event throughout the rest of the week as well. I will use this thread as the master list to keep track of winners and announce everything else! :D
  • That looks so fun and well thought out! I missed it and I will attend the next one!

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • Hey Paintcan!

It's not letting me vote "YES" in your poll for some reason, but yes I would love to see more events like this in the future! I had so much fun and want to thank you for being such a great host. The second suggestion you posted, about returning to the start instead of re-queuing, was my only recommendation. Other than that, everything was perfect! The raffle is a nice surprise too. I really admire the work you're doing and can't wait to see what other events you cook up, thanks for the experience!
  • @Paintcan I don't see Auntie_skybluepink in the list, did she not make it through? D:

And I'll try to make your next event too!!  I see it on the calendar as Who Wore It Best!
  • Was so much fun! I wasn't expecting anything, you just told me to come xD So glad i did anyway!
    art-starbucks 
  • edited June 2020
    Hi Everyone!!

Here is the update from last night's event – Who Wore It Best!

Winners
    Spoiler:
    Southern_Belle
    Julliette
    LittlePuffin
    Guest951106
    DocRose

Thank you all for playing! You have all been entered into a raffle for a HOST prize at the end of the week. Keep coming to my events to win more entries!

Suggestions for this Game (if it were to be hosted again)
    • A room with less lag! Oh my!! 
    • That seemed to be the only problem for me with this event, PLEASE let me know if you have any suggestions by commenting on this thread or messaging me! Thanks!

Pictures of the Room! (For those who couldn't attend)
    Spoiler:

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.13.52 PM

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.14.44 PM

Thank you so much to all who were able to come to the event last night!! I hope you had fun. :D

I have ANOTHER event TONIGHT!!

Troubling Tiki Tiles – TONIGHT 06/09/2020 at 9PM Central Time!
    Hope to see you there! :D Check the event calendar for more details.
  • edited June 2020
    OMG! Thanks to everyone who could make last nights event – TROUBLING TIKI TILES

Here are the WINNERS from last night!
    Spoiler:
    Southern_Belle
    LittlePuffin

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for the event!

Pictures of the Room!
    Spoiler:
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.17.57 PM

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.18.13 PM

Thanks for all those who were able to come, especially @VFK_Vintage for coming and playing!

I have ANOTHER!!!! event tonight!

Garden Boot or Cute!
    Spoiler:
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.10.20 PM

The time on the picture is in CENTRAL TIME! Hope to see you there! :D