Bunnies....but sheep??

edited February 2020 in Generals
Ok, I've seen more rudeness and incredibly bad behavior during the past few days than I can stomach.  If VFK can make the amount of angora bunnies in a room increase when more people come in....how come they can't do that with sheep??!!  There are many people literally SITTING on 'their sheep'.  Obviously people are running many clones, and if you do the math (it's not hard), there's not NEARLY enough sheep to go around.  The slow regeneration for them to grow their fur back multiplies the problem.

I could 'out' the offenders right here, but I'll restrain myself for now.  I kept this post rather tame, but it wasn't easy.  THANK YOU to the people who were gracious.  Those who weren't?  I hope you get what you deserve.  Maybe you should try not running 10+ clones for these tasks so that others like myself who are only running myself and one other person can have a chance?  God forbid....

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick

Comments

• I do agree with the slow regeneration of fur. I believe they decreased the regeneration time from an hour to 20 minutes during the last sheepie event, which seemed to help people a lot. If I remember correctly, there actually are 2 sheep that belong to you and solely you (they are not visible to other players) somewhere around the kingdom, you just have to find them. You can tell they are yours because they walk onto the screen, instead of just standing there. However, they’re not always the easiest to find, as there are more rooms that house sheep than I think many players realize.

I think, however, that clones are just part of the game. They always have been and they always will be. I run clones for these events, but I don’t “claim” sheep. They simply stand there, and if nobody seems to be there, or they are busy harvesting another sheep, I will harvest one myself. Players who claim sheep like they own them and then throw tantrums when somebody else harvests them is what bothers me. In reality, we’re all in the same boat. None of us “own” any of the sheep, even if we stand beside them. We’re all waiting for the sheep fur to regrow. I don’t mind sharing whatsoever! What I strongly don’t like is the nastiness these kind of events bring out. The possessive, greedy, mean behaviour. I got yelled at for “not sharing” by someone who claimed all 3 sheep in their proximity lol...

I think it could be a bit too hectic if a bunch of sheep entered the room whenever someone new entered, I think VFK should simply ADD MORE ROOMS that sheep spawn in. Fill up Retro Age and Australia.
  • edited February 2020
    Hi Zoee.  Wow!  20 minutes?  Sheep around me were taking:  an hour to regenerate.  I clocked them.  Yes I did my word search in the meantime, and still ridiculous amount of time left over.  Didn't know about the 2 sheep, but will keep an eye out, I'm intrigued. 

Yes, another problem is players don't know all the sheep rooms.  There was no calendar item for yesterday (that I recall) that said sheepies would be back.  I found out by accident. 

I'm not bashing clones at all.  I use them when I need them...and I have too many lol...so I'm not a 'clone basher'.  I'm more interested in how some people with a great many clones blanket an entire area with their clones.  Actually almost EVERY area with their clones.  Even after closing party.  I get it, people want to do 20 clones (ugh, I couldn't handle that), some people want to get stuff for others who can't get their own.  I get all that.  The problem:  during that kind of 'high demand' scenario, there's not enough to go around.  Add in the long wait time for regeneration?  Wars have started over less, lol.

And you're 100% right.  Like the host hunts, sheep demand brings out the worst in people.  Also the best, but not nearly enough of that yesterday.  I will also say that the shearing process is ridiculous.  My wife clicked a sheep to shear that had just grown their fur back.  She clicked on it, and on her screen she went to it and she got the message 'shearing' or something like that.  Yet I saw her move away from her area, and walk halfway across the room!  Someone else did too, and they got the sheep she had spent an hour waiting for.  Folks:  an hour wait in game for sheep is no fun.  It really puts players on edge, and then bad things come out of good people.

If VFK could have 'our' 2 sheep appear in whatever rooms they appear in, then things would be better...especially if other people tried to sheer those and couldn't.  But how are we expected to 'find' our 2 sheep?  There's sheep in Market Square now...don't recall them being there except during this event (although I don't do the 'sheep' events, dragons/phoenix are easier). 

I think we're on the same wavelength Zoee.  More sheep, please VFK.  MUCH quicker regeneration please.  Ugh.  Sorry for the tone, folks.  I saw WAY too much negativity yesterday, too much frustration, too much anger, etc.  Not sure if that's the kind of atmosphere members enjoy in VFK..... 

Flame

• Just adding in for those who don’t know: Sheep are available all day, everyday in the main area of the Zoo and along the Pony Trail. I have also noticed that, since the sheep task has been available, staff has kept sheep in the Audubon game rooms, as well as the Retro Park, available at all times. Other rooms that fill up ONLY during scheduled sheepie events (2-hour duration) include: All Medieval age rooms that are outdoors (including the Stonehenge rooms), The Garden, Crossroads, Outdoor Western Age rooms, all Audubon game rooms including the lobby, Retro Park, and Victorian Park. I may be forgetting some, but I believe that’s all.

Also, Flame, I should have clarified better, but the sheepie regeneration is 20 minutes DURING the 2-hour scheduled events. When the events are over, they go back to their 1 hour regeneration time.

Instead of our own 2 sheep appearing in a randomized room, I wish they would appear in whichever sheepie-bearing room we enter first (kind of like how Melodies will start for you in whichever Melody room you enter first). This would make it a lot easier to find them.
  • edited February 2020
    I didn't know that about the regeneration, as I don't do the shearing events, so good to know.  Checked the Audubon trail and retro park earlier, no sheep (this was after the scheduled sheepie event was over).  They were there at those places yesterday, though...without an entry on the calendar.  Weird.

Clarification as well:  clones are not inherently 'bad', as they were made out to be, back in the 2008-2011 period of game.  Now I see most people using clones themselves, which is good because there was harsh negativity towards people who used clones back when.  The problem lies in how the clones are used by the main.  A rock by itself is just a rock.  But if someone takes a rock and knocks someone out with it, the rock is now a weapon.  But the rock itself is not inherently 'bad'.  It's simply a rock.  Same with clones

I did have a last thought:  etiquette.  If I see a person with 2 or 3 shear-ready sheep by them, and the person is shearing 1 of them, I will -always- ask politely before shearing any around them.  Even if they aren't shearing sheep that are ready, I still ask if they're 'awake' or not first.  If not, then the sheep are fair game.  Just my protocol, though.  I think everyone handles it differently.  It just wasn't a positive experience for me and .It with the sheep event.  Moving onto the next task, thank God lol ;)  Thanks again Zoee for the input and info!!!

(hugs)
    Flame