Areas not working?

Wasn't sure where else to put this post, but wanted to know if anyone else can get the 3 areas off Galactic Trading Post working?  Each one gives the same error message: 

Space Station:  "To enter the space station, you must be using Flash Player 11 or higher, and be logged into VirtualFamilyKingdom.com!"

Eclipse Racing:  "To enter the Eclipse racing area, you must be using Flash Player 11 or higher, and be logged into VirtualFamilyKingdom.com!"

Space Mission:  "To enter the Space Mission, you must be using Flash Player 11 or higher, and be logged into VirtualFamilyKingdom.com!"

All of these areas are either in Galactic trading post, or just below or to the left of it.  Are none of them functional anymore?  I also tried to access them using the EA desktop client.  Same result.

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick

Comments

• Howdy Flame,

That is correct, they don't work.  They did for a small amount of time, but now they are just remanence of what was and is no more.

Mellow
  • @Flamanar

Heya flame!

I had this same issue a year or so ago, and what I was told to do from a help report was to go into options when I was logged into VFK and go into classic interface and it worked for me. Though I haven't tried recently. 

Maybe try that?
  • edited November 2019
    MellowMoz said:

Howdy Flame,

That is correct, they don't work.  They did for a small amount of time, but now they are just remanence of what was and is no more.

Mellow

Wow!  Thanks Mellow and Kitten for the information.  Welp...I followed
    what Kitten said, and all 3 locations work if you switch to the classic
    interface!  There's a lack of instructions, but I fumbled through some
    of each, lol.  Thanks again :)

Flame

• Kitten said:

@Flamanar

Heya flame!

I had this same issue a year or so ago, and what I was told to do from a help report was to go into options when I was logged into VFK and go into classic interface and it worked for me. Though I haven't tried recently. 

Maybe try that?

Wow...I've never heard of this or tried.  Thanks Kitten, I'm going to try it now!!!

Mellow

• You're welcome @Flamanar and @MellowMoz !

As for instructions--I can't be of much help there lol. I know @GIFT made a playlist walk through of the wizard game through King Arthur's Court. I'm not sure if she did for the others though!  
  • edited November 2019
    Kitten said:

You're welcome @Flamanar and @MellowMoz !

As for instructions--I can't be of much help there lol. I know @GIFT made a playlist walk through of the wizard game through King Arthur's Court. I'm not sure if she did for the others though!  

uh oh...a walkthrough you say?!  @GIFT!!!!  lol jk :)  I'm stuck on like the 3rd or 4th level of the underground dungeons below the round table, but I'll figure it out.  tons of running.  Space mission works, and I just cleared level 3 last night.  The next level is pretty....intense, lol.  Nice to find a couple new things to enjoy on VFK when needing some 'variety' :)  And rewards as well.  The round table dungeons and the space games are both similar, btw.  3D as well.  Controls are similar at both, so that helps.  Note:  they can both be frustrating.

I also did the racing game.  Great graphics, you need to adjust the steering sensitivity a bit.  It's a racing game (I'm a racer).  That being said, it's no Nintendo or Playstation game, and there appears to be no rewards other than beating someone else's score.  Still, you can tell VFK spent some time on it.  If you have a nice racing wheel/pedal combo, it would no doubt play better.  -ANY- racing game which uses keyboard controls will be more difficult than I usually desire. lol.  Ironically, I love the way the game looks, and surprised that the 'official races' in game aren't using this WAY better looking racing game.

ETA:  note that I believe you need a spacesuit before entering the space mission game.  For the dungeons under the round table room, you'll need 'frost wizard'.  I think.

Thanks again :)  Also glad Mellow's able to play those now.  Hoping to run into him in space sometime lol!! 

Flame