VFK "Trade Market"

This idea has been thrown around since the beginning of time, but a few players and I were thinking about making a post about it.
Just like how when you click on a horse, a pop-up comes up telling you an x amount of gold stamps, and then you can click purchase/decline; it would be nice to be able to go to player rooms and be able to purchase items off of a mannequin or placed in a room (possibly a special room) if there is a set price on it.

From the sellers prospective:
The seller will be able to place an item, and once clicked, a new tab will show next to "move" "rotate" "store" and would be titled "price"
Then, the seller would be directed to a pop-up asking how many credits the item would sell for.
Prices would be able to be updated, and once the item is stored, the price would disappear.

From the buyer's perspective:
If an item is for sale, the buyer would click on the item and be able to purchase it.
Then, credits would be deducted from their account, and they would have the item in their inventory.

Also, if this would be possible, there is another idea that would be cool to implement:
If there were a "bot" to do pre-made trades, such as:
A "seller" this time around does not list the item for credits, but instead can select the item they wish to receive for their item (possibly through a pop-up with pictures of each item in the game? this would be a lot of work, but could be really nice)
and then the buyer, when clicking on the item, will see the wants; if the player has all of the compatible wanted items, then the trade will go through.

This will help a lot with traders, and I know there has been a huge player-built mall, which could benefit that as well.
I know many players walk through and have to wait a while to contact the owner, or may not even be able to contact them.

Comments

• I'd totally be down with all of this!
    A year or two ago there was a player who made a prototype version of the trading item method & it worked really great but never picked up enough traffic for it to be implemented into the game or out of testing phase. I definitely think it's do-able and would be a great way to increase trading traffic.

Also bonus, we'd be able to see all items in game that are trade-able to help with our ISO lists.

• This is a great idea.  I also think how we have the books for gold stamps, we could use that same idea for this as well for items that can't be placed in rooms like pins and magics.  

I love this! 
  • edited July 2019
    I.Am.Chalk said:

Also bonus, we'd be able to see all items in game that are trade-able to help with our ISO lists.
    Exactly! I have been wanting this feature alone for a while. I was thinking of maybe having it in the menu and being able to see every item, but I think this would be a better way to implement it

Yes! I love this idea, I wasn't sure how pins/fx would work but this would be great
  • Really good idea!
  • edited July 2019
    I remember this being discussed a long time ago, and I love it.  From my perspective (away from game for 8 years, returned a couple months ago):

I go to the mall and wander around all the items for sale.  Then as was mentioned, trying to meet up with the person selling the items.  Can be a pain in the neck.

As an aside:  I'd go a little further, and make all items identifiable by clicking on -any- item another player has (whether for sale or not) to see what it is!  I can't tell you how many times I've been through parts of the mall (or other people's rooms)...and have -0- clue what the item is I'm looking at.  After 8 years, this is happening the majority of the time for me.  Worse, some sellers are using the massive rooms to display their items.  Man...in those huge rooms, just about everything looks -tiny-!  If there's nobody there to ask what 'x' item is, it can be a nightmare just to identify the item for sale!  Can't make a purchase if can't see the item/don't know what it is (speaking from the buyers perspective).

New players will find some seriously rough sailing if they're looking to buy stuff.  At least I had a start on it, albeit years ago.

2 cents and 8 years later ;)

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick