A few Summer Ideas...

edited July 2020 in VFK Developer Ideas!
First and foremost I'd like to share a few ideas that I posted on the Devblog:

Summer themed pin ideas:

1) Summer 2020 HOST Pin
- Inspired by the Crossword 2011 HOST Pin that has a pencil that writes out "OMG 2011 YAY !!!" and then erases it
- I imagine a twig/stick writing "Summer 2020" in the sand, and then the tide washes over the pin and washes it away. When the tide goes back, the sand is a blank slate again, thus starting the pin loop
- Would be cute with a purple/white/teal shell border!

2) Coconut Pin
- I love the coconut items we've gotten so far (Coconut Chair, Coconut Lei, etc.) and I would love to see a coconut themed pin

3) Dripping Popsicle Pins
- I'd love to see various kinds of animated Dripping Popsicle pins: Rocket Popsicle [got it! :) ]; Fudge Pop; Orange Creamsicle [edit: got it!]; Blue Creamsicle; Berry Yogurt Pop, Cotton Candy/Bubble Gum Pop
- I think these could be awesome for various summer activities like Scavenger Hunts, HOST events, or even as Sand Dollar pins!

Some pictures for inspiration [I especially love the Blueberry and Cotton Candy/Bubble Gum ones!]:

popsiclepins

Additional ideas...

I'd love to have a craft-able Denim Collection! I imagine the collection having 4 colour combination presets: White, Light Wash, Dark Wash, and Black.
Included in the collection could be denim jackets, shorts and jeans. I think the Nixie & Rad shorts are great, and I'd love to have these in more colour options. Additionally, I love the length of the Nixie shorts, but I'd love to have new denim shorts that are a bit more high waisted. Photos for inspiration:

denimjackets 

denimshorts

denimjeans

Summer Fashions tops!

girlstops

Finally, some building competitions medal/trophy ideas!

shellcontestprizes

Another option that I believes @waterfallglow thought up last year was a Starfish medal & trophy. I think this would be a really cute option too! :)

starfishcontestprizes

Happy Summer!!!

Comments

• I would LOVE to see jeans like these coming out.  In fact, for the boys, I think the perfect fit would be like the summer of love pants (without the bell bottoms of course).  That fit with jeans would be perfect... not too skinny, not too baggy.  Jean jackets are something i've wanted for a while now as well.  love those! 

As for guy shirts for the summer fashions release, I would love to see these.   

Spoiler:
    Hawaiian+Mens+Shirts+Yellow

As for the sand castle competitions; I would love to see the star fish.  It's small and clean and wouldn't look awkward.  Things like the dolphin and the orca necklace are a bit too large and look awkward when we're wearing them so I think the starfish would be perfect! 
  • edited July 2019
    @Zoee : Thank you so much for thinking of me and sharing on here my desire for the starfish medal/trophy!!!!!!!!! WOO!!! I realy appreciate it! I was actually about to make a thread on it so am super glad you did for me! I also really like your idea for a scallop shell medal/trophy! I have always liked scallop shells! I actually found a scallop shell on the beach (in real) a few summers back that has been a special treasure of mine. I will share a picture of it below. I will also share a picture of what I would want the starfish necklace to look like if it ends up being a starfish. I love the idea of a starfish cause if we have a star around our neck it would make us feel like a star!

Starfish Medal Necklace Idea:
    Starfish Medal Idea

The scallop shell I found on the beach in real:DSCN2330

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• I love the starfish medal and trophy!!
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • edited July 2019
    I like this starfish trophy (shown below) the best out of the ones Zoee suggested. Maybe the starfish on the trophy could look like the starfish on the medal necklace picture I shared above but the base like this one?? I personally don't like the idea of the starfish being tilted but straight like this trophy below. The legs can be slightly bent but as long as the entire starfish is not tilted and the upper point is pointing straight up. (If that makes sense?). The base (and starfish) of course would be gold for first, silver for second and bronze for third.:
    Starfish Trophy Idea

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• waterfallglow said:

@Zoee : Thank you so much for thinking of me and sharing my desire for the starfish medal/trophy!!!!!!!!! I REALLY Appreciate it! I was actually about make a thread on it so am super glad you did for me! I also really like your idea for a scallop shell medal/trophy! I have always liked scallop shells! I actually found a scallop shell on the beach (in real) a few summers back that has been a special treasure of mine. I will share a picture of it below. I will also share a picture of what I would want the starfish necklace to look like if it ends up being a starfish. I love the idea of a starfish cause if we have a star around our neck it would make us feel like a star!

Starfish Medal Necklace Idea:
    Starfish Medal Idea

The scallop shell I found on the beach in real:DSCN2330

Aw, you're welcome! :)
    I loveee that style of starfish necklace! Woot
  • Zoee said:

I loveee that style of starfish necklace! Woot
    LOL! Me too! I actually have been saving this photo on my computer since last year! :O

waterfallglow signature

• I would like to see a shark trophy this year… I wanted that last summer too but we got the popsicle...
  • millsfan said:

I would like to see a shark trophy this year… I wanted that last summer too but we got the popsicle...

We already have a dolphin and an orca, and I think a shark would essentially look very similar to those ones we already have. Personally I’m not a fan of the Tazz/shark theme, I feel like we’ve gotten so many shark/aquatic life themed items already. Besides, it is a Sand Castle/Summer contest, and I typically associate this theme with traditional symbols of summer and beaches like palms trees, shells, popsicles, etc. more so than I do aquatic animals so that’s what inspires my suggestions. Just my thoughts :)
  • a palm tree necklace would be cool or a beach ball. As for contest boutique prizes I wouldn't mind having a carry able bucket and shovel or an exclusive swim suit. I would like a swimsuit with either ruffles on the shirt/skirt. I really like those swim bottoms that come with short skirts layered on top. I also a swimsuit with polka dots on it or one in a graham style.
    cutelina
  • edited July 2019
    cute_lina said:

a palm tree necklace would be cool or a beach ball. As for contest boutique prizes I wouldn't mind having a carry able bucket and shovel or an exclusive swim suit. I would like a swimsuit with either ruffles on the shirt/skirt. I really like those swim bottoms that come with short skirts layered on top. I also a swimsuit with polka dots on it or one in a graham style.

I’d love a palm tree necklace but sadly we’ve already had one. I like the carry bucket and shovel idea! A beach ball necklace would be cool for the contest boutique as well! Speaking of contest boutique, I’d love to have a new contest boutique pin for this upcoming contest. It’s been sooo long since we’ve had one
  • Zoee said:

cute_lina said:

a palm tree necklace would be cool or a beach ball. As for contest boutique prizes I wouldn't mind having a carry able bucket and shovel or an exclusive swim suit. I would like a swimsuit with either ruffles on the shirt/skirt. I really like those swim bottoms that come with short skirts layered on top. I also a swimsuit with polka dots on it or one in a graham style.

I’d love a palm tree necklace but sadly we’ve already had one. I like the carry bucket and shovel idea! A beach ball necklace would be cool for the contest boutique as well! Speaking of contest boutique, I’d love to have a new contest boutique pin for this upcoming contest. It’s been sooo long since we’ve had one
    thank you and what about an iamted pin as a contest boutique prize? it could be a loop of a sand castle being built and destroyed. 
    cutelina
  • i love these ideas :D nice shorts and shirts!!
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture
  • Giving this thread a friendly bump! :)

waterfallglow signature

• Great idea for the Starfish necklace and trophy, water! Really hope we get those
  • edited September 2019
    Thanks @Tomorrow I really appreciate it! I REALLY hope we get the starfish cause it's what I have my heart set on. I am going to tag staff here as a reminder.

@VFK_Mintie @VFK_Vintage

waterfallglow signature

• edited September 2019
    I’m still wanting a Shark trophy, medal, pin
  • Bumping this because the new antique Popsicle pin reignited my want for more popsicle pins!

Made a couple 2020 edits as well. 

Happy Summer!
  • I would REALLY love it if they made a beach room that was like paradise beach, but bigger! I love the sandcastle contest but we need some bigger beach rooms