Being able to stream videos/different music from the VFK television

Maybe creating a new television design that would allow us to easily mount the television to the wall? I think it would also be cool to have the additional option to  play music from different genres besides going into vfker's individual channels to watch videos.

If that makes sense to anyone, pardon my English, it's not my first language. :P

giphy

Comments

  • Awesome idea @sugarandcoffee!  It makes perfect sense to me!

    What is your first language if you don't mind me asking?
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • edited December 2018
    Blossomflower said:

    Awesome idea @sugarandcoffee!  It makes perfect sense to me!


    What is your first language if you don't mind me asking?
    Thank you, my first language is Italian, then french sign language, and then I learned English. :)

    giphy
  • edited December 2018
    @sugarandcoffee that is so cool!  I believe there are several other Italian speakers in VFK :O

    VFK needs to add an Italy Age!! or maybe since it is historical, Renaissance Age lol

    Also I would have never guessed you weren't a native English speaker, your English is so good!
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Blossomflower said:

    @sugarandcoffee that is so cool!  I believe there are several other Italian speakers in VFK :O


    VFK needs to add an Italy Age!! or maybe since it is historical, Renaissance Age lol

    Also I would have never guessed you weren't a native English speaker, your English is so good!
    I haven't met any one that speaks Italian yet, I think that'd be pretty cool to meet people who share the same heritage as me. I would love a Renaissance Age, it'd be cool to add a virtual game where we could paint and make our own little framed paintings to hang on our walls!

    And thank you, I appreciate the compliment. :)  

    giphy

  • I'm pretty sure @FracturedMemories is Italian and I believe he speaks it too.

    As for the others, I couldn't name them, but I've seen people say they were/spoke Italian before in game or on Miss Clue with some frequency,  it might have been you lol, 

    Maybe you could make a VFK Italian Club here on Miss Clue to find them!  
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Blossomflower said:


    I'm pretty sure @FracturedMemories is Italian and I believe he speaks it too.

    As for the others, I couldn't name them, but I've seen people say they were/spoke Italian before in game or on Miss Clue with some frequency,  it might have been you lol, 

    Maybe you could make a VFK Italian Club here on Miss Clue to find them!  
    As long as there is la cupeta and good company, I wouldn't mind, lol! 
    It's a shame we can't speak more than just greetings in different languages. However, i'm still grateful they allow me to say Ciao at the very least :P

    giphy
  • Also I'm pretty sure @PrincessGirly said her mother was Italian :)

    --
    jessizoidsignatureistellaTY Jessizoid!
  • !!!! Yes! I'm not 100% fluent anymore being that my family doesn't speak it alllll the time since my grandparents passed, but I still know the vast majority! I spoke it growing up, and then I minored in it in college.  I grew up VERY italian, I'm second generation, my dad was born here, but most of his siblings were born in Italy.  

    This probably isn't the place for all of this since it's not the point of the discussion, but I LOVE my heritage and I keep pushing for more italian stuff to be brought into VFK.  I tried to get La Befana brought in, but you know how that goes lol.  

    My family came from Palena from the patriarchial side and Roma from the matriarchal side! 

  • edited December 2018
    sugarandcoffee said:

    Blossomflower said:

    @sugarandcoffee that is so cool!  I believe there are several other Italian speakers in VFK :O


    VFK needs to add an Italy Age!! or maybe since it is historical, Renaissance Age lol

    Also I would have never guessed you weren't a native English speaker, your English is so good!
    I haven't met any one that speaks Italian yet, I think that'd be pretty cool to meet people who share the same heritage as me. I would love a Renaissance Age, it'd be cool to add a virtual game where we could paint and make our own little framed paintings to hang on our walls!

    And thank you, I appreciate the compliment. :)  
    It sounds like you’d be interested in my Art idea.

    Check out my ART suggestion for VFK
    https://forum.missclue.com/discussion/878743/the-art-tab-idea#latest

  • edited December 2018
    Also I'm pretty sure @PrincessGirly said her mother was Italian :)


    That's cool if she is.
     
    !!!! Yes! I'm not 100% fluent anymore being that my family doesn't speak it alllll the time since my grandparents passed, but I still know the vast majority! I spoke it growing up, and then I minored in it in college.  I grew up VERY italian, I'm second generation, my dad was born here, but most of his siblings were born in Italy.  

    This probably isn't the place for all of this since it's not the point of the discussion, but I LOVE my heritage and I keep pushing for more italian stuff to be brought into VFK.  I tried to get La Befana brought in, but you know how that goes lol.  

    My family came from Palena from the patriarchial side and Roma from the matriarchal side! 

    I originate from the province of Cosenza, so I do strictly speak the calabrese dialect. We call it the "folk slang" of our language, because it's the original dialect that was spoken by the poor villagers who couldn't afford basic education. I do find the standard of Italian that many American's learn foreign to me!

    I grew up on a whole farm with a traditional family, so I definitely would love to see more items that root from my heritage. Especially for Christmas time, I would have loved to see an antique ceramic figurine of Babbo Natale in his cream colored cloak weaved with gold embroidery. When did you suggest La Befana? 

    giphy
  • millsfan said:

    sugarandcoffee said:

    Blossomflower said:

    @sugarandcoffee that is so cool!  I believe there are several other Italian speakers in VFK :O


    VFK needs to add an Italy Age!! or maybe since it is historical, Renaissance Age lol

    Also I would have never guessed you weren't a native English speaker, your English is so good!
    I haven't met any one that speaks Italian yet, I think that'd be pretty cool to meet people who share the same heritage as me. I would love a Renaissance Age, it'd be cool to add a virtual game where we could paint and make our own little framed paintings to hang on our walls!

    And thank you, I appreciate the compliment. :)  
    It sounds like you’d be interested in my Art idea.

    Check out my ART suggestion for VFK
    https://forum.missclue.com/discussion/878743/the-art-tab-idea#latest

    Wow, I didn't even see your suggestion! I absolutely love how clever that idea is and how you included visuals to persuade the community to look at the perks of having a new artistic addition to VFK. I think they should consider maybe adding a new segment on to chopping wood in VFK where we can collect oak, walnut, ash, cedar, maple...etc. and we can "craft" the wood into a frame. There could be different stencils for the texture/carvings of the wood. Or being able to grow trees in our garden for the frame! I would love to be able to grow a lemon tree (sorry, totally off subject). 

    giphy

  • I can't believe you grew up on a farm in the Italian Countryside!

    I assume you have moved to the USA now, what made you leave Italy?

    Also I've never heard of Babbo Natale or La Befana!

    What do they look like?  Do you have a picture of the ceramic figurine?
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Blossomflower said:


    I can't believe you grew up on a farm in the Italian Countryside!

    I assume you have moved to the USA now, what made you leave Italy?

    Also I've never heard of Babbo Natale or La Befana!

    What do they look like?  Do you have a picture of the ceramic figurine?
    I miss it, no view compares to the one I use to wake up to every morning. That's why I want to be able to grow a lemon tree in VFK, it reminds me of a piece of home. :) 
    My father works for an international company, so I'm sure you know how that goes when they relocate people. 

    Babbo Natale is the Italian version of Santa Claus who hands out gifts to children, and La Bafana, an old woman believed to be a witch, delivers gifts to children as well on Epiphany Eve. It's one of the oldest folktales in Southern Italy. There are many different tales of La Befana. 

    If I can find my grandma's old figurine as a reference, I will post it. :) 

    giphy
  • sugarandcoffee said:

    Also I'm pretty sure @PrincessGirly said her mother was Italian :)


    That's cool if she is.
     
    !!!! Yes! I'm not 100% fluent anymore being that my family doesn't speak it alllll the time since my grandparents passed, but I still know the vast majority! I spoke it growing up, and then I minored in it in college.  I grew up VERY italian, I'm second generation, my dad was born here, but most of his siblings were born in Italy.  

    This probably isn't the place for all of this since it's not the point of the discussion, but I LOVE my heritage and I keep pushing for more italian stuff to be brought into VFK.  I tried to get La Befana brought in, but you know how that goes lol.  

    My family came from Palena from the patriarchial side and Roma from the matriarchal side! 

    I originate from the province of Cosenza, so I do strictly speak the calabrese dialect. We call it the "folk slang" of our language, because it's the original dialect that was spoken by the poor villagers who couldn't afford basic education. I do find the standard of Italian that many American's learn foreign to me!

    I grew up on a whole farm with a traditional family, so I definitely would love to see more items that root from my heritage. Especially for Christmas time, I would have loved to see an antique ceramic figurine of Babbo Natale in his cream colored cloak weaved with gold embroidery. When did you suggest La Befana? 
    That's awesome! I love my heritage so much.  Taking Italian in college was so so soooo hard! I grew up with the dialect as well, so the class proved to be much harder than expected.  I knew of all of the dialects, I just never put much thought into it until I had started the class!  

    My Nonno had grew up in a grape vineyard and even brought one to the US which has been , and is still, in my backyard to this day!  We still have barrels of wine in our coal cellar where he used to make it and cured sausage hanging from the rafters!  

    I suggested "christmas around the world" and specified La Befana a few weeks, maybe months ago.  It's in my christmas master post under developer suggestions!  
  • edited December 2018
    FracturedMemories said:

    sugarandcoffee said:

    Also I'm pretty sure @PrincessGirly said her mother was Italian :)


    That's cool if she is.
     
    !!!! Yes! I'm not 100% fluent anymore being that my family doesn't speak it alllll the time since my grandparents passed, but I still know the vast majority! I spoke it growing up, and then I minored in it in college.  I grew up VERY italian, I'm second generation, my dad was born here, but most of his siblings were born in Italy.  

    This probably isn't the place for all of this since it's not the point of the discussion, but I LOVE my heritage and I keep pushing for more italian stuff to be brought into VFK.  I tried to get La Befana brought in, but you know how that goes lol.  

    My family came from Palena from the patriarchial side and Roma from the matriarchal side! 

    I originate from the province of Cosenza, so I do strictly speak the calabrese dialect. We call it the "folk slang" of our language, because it's the original dialect that was spoken by the poor villagers who couldn't afford basic education. I do find the standard of Italian that many American's learn foreign to me!

    I grew up on a whole farm with a traditional family, so I definitely would love to see more items that root from my heritage. Especially for Christmas time, I would have loved to see an antique ceramic figurine of Babbo Natale in his cream colored cloak weaved with gold embroidery. When did you suggest La Befana? 
    That's awesome! I love my heritage so much.  Taking Italian in college was so so soooo hard! I grew up with the dialect as well, so the class proved to be much harder than expected.  I knew of all of the dialects, I just never put much thought into it until I had started the class!  

    My Nonno had grew up in a grape vineyard and even brought one to the US which has been , and is still, in my backyard to this day!  We still have barrels of wine in our coal cellar where he used to make it and cured sausage hanging from the rafters!  

    I suggested "christmas around the world" and specified La Befana a few weeks, maybe months ago.  It's in my christmas master post under developer suggestions!  
    That's great that you love where your family comes from! It's so important to stay in touch with your roots, you'd be surprised about what you can discover. I noticed a slight language difference the first time I traveled to Florence.

    When the weather is warmer, we grow grapes and different fruits in our garden. I keep it as a little touch of home. :) 
    My family still makes wine every year and fresh jars of sauce. I make due with the little piece of land we have here. 


    Christmas around the world seems like an excellent idea. VFK should take that into consideration and take a poll on here of everyone's backgrounds. That could be our next advent calendar for next Christmas, twenty-four days of Christmas around the globe. We could have artwork/posters, animated pins, wool hats, and other items that are native to specific countries during the celebration of christmas. For example, day one of the calendar would offer a stocking of 'La Befana' that we can hang on our fireplace or wall. An example below: 

    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 2.12.45 PM

    Or maybe we could get an artwork of 'La Befana' framed in a nice oak carved frame. The artwork would look something like this:


    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 2.13.28 PM

    giphy
Sign In or Register to comment.