VFK in my perspective. #1

I've been playing on VFK a long time now. I have been immature, and unintelligent on this game, but as I have grown up I have matured, and am a young "lady" some would day. I have slowly been drifting off VFK for a while. Honestly, it would be slightly embarrassing almost in a way if people I know found out I still play on a virtual game I used to play when I was 10/11. 
In the beginning of my experience here I had no idea what I did. I would earn stuff and trade it off for anything honestly. I had goofy friends who were (i hope because we were really stupid) the same age as me so none of us knew anything. Shortly after I got obsessed with other things. Growing up I was sort of a sucker for love books (still am) and read Nicholas Sparks books in fourth grade LOL (thanksmomandad). With being a "nerd" (complete with glasses, frizzy hair, and all sorts of things I wish to not remember HA) came some downs in my ctual life outside VFK. ANYWAY. I took like a three year break and came back. VFK had changed for me and as I went into trade rooms and cute or boots I noticed VFK had "friend groups" just like outside of VFK. Definitely opened my eyes. In my own personal opinion, I never had a "BFF" on a virtual game. I had friends. People who I talked to maybe once-twice a week. Never really had fun on here because of this and maybe that's why I sort of branched out. Outside of VFK I had the best friends ever! I still do, and I have such a great blessed life I wouldn't trade it for anything!! I played VFK for the past two years CONTINUOUSLY but as years went by I realized... welp school gets harder. Teachers get tougher, and you soon have your schedule packed with sports, chorus, pep club, student council, and that's all I do ha rip. Sooner or later you realize... why am I even on here? On VFK I crafted clothes because it entertained me and... that's all LOL Sure I made some friends I would talk to here and there, and tried "projects" that would never finish. Now last year life hit me REALLY HARD LOL and I simply didn't have time. I feel like I let a couple of my friends down by not being part of a project which sort of drifted us apart.... anyway what I am trying to get off from all this is that I have a life outside of VFK. VFK isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not saying goodbye for sure, but I just realized that it's not for me anymore. ALL of my friends (legit ALL) have left. I check their profile sometimes and see they haven't gotten on here since like June. And it sucks because they were such amazing people I made memories with! VFK is a big part of my childhood!! & it hurts to just drift from it without being able to do anything about. I also love being part of the Miss Clue Forums!! And it hurts to think that all the people that were here for the forums when I was, barely get on anymore. I hope I get to see some of my VFK friends at a Christmas Party I will be throwing December 23rd. It's for the forum to all get together (everyone's invited though it's an event LOL) and just chat : ) Hope to see you there, and you enjoyed my little rant. Also I will be doing little updates here and there. Just because I miss posting. Also this is a reguler me at 2 am avoiding trig homework woot woot yay me and my on track life. 

MISSCLUESIGN.#4

Comments

• As someone who also starting playing VFK as a kid, parts of this really resonated with me. I look at old messages I sent in the early 2010s and cringe (but also laugh at my horrible grammar and overuse of :Da). However, I don't think playing VFK is something you should be embarrassed about. My friends irl don't play (not their cup of tea), but they let me do my thing and they don't judge me for it. If it makes you happy, keep playing! VFK has players of all ages--from five-year-olds to college students to grandmas. I totally get taking a break for school; I've had to do this many a time. I know we don't talk much, but I'm here if you need anything. I'll be sure to attend your Christmas party. :)
  • Yeah, VFK has lost a lot of the shine it used to have for me as well. It’s not so much VFK, it’s sometimes the players on there who spoil the experience for me. That and I’ve also gotten busier with real life. I plan to check in once and a while, but at the moment I don’t think I’ll be playing as much as I did. It’s just not the same community as it used to be. So I feel you, take your time away to do your thing and I’m sure everyone will still be there when you come back. Give or take maybe a couple more who stop playing as well.
  • I think it's something we all go through. I've been here since (roughly) the beginning and I honestly took a break in 2014 and came back in late 2016. A lot had changed in those few years, and probably 90% of my friends list doesn't log on anymore. But (and please don't find this pathetic or anything because I don't view it that way), I'm not physically able to "get out" a lot so I like VFK because there are people I talk too on the daily which helps my mental health, especially on the days where my body just plain hurts. 

Part of it, I think is just us getting older. But VFK is 10 years strong, we'll be around when you get back.

• well, first of all, all four of you are on my friends list!! hugs all!!

@Sporty_Chic - I remember you from when I first joined vfk in 2013. you were always in the same cute or boots as I was. I was new and learning my way around and there wasn't as much to do then as now

@Perpetual_Fighter - we still run into each other here per!

@Holden - you are my newest friend out of the four.

@Kitten - we met when you came back in 2016 and, even with our age difference, we had so much in common! love you kitten! ♥ (Yay! I can make heart here ♥♥♥! HAH!)

now, being an "OLDER" (as in age! lol) player, I just want to let you (all) know that we "older" players love to see you younger players come back, those of you who started playing at 10, 11, 12. we realize that life, school, college, kids get in the way - it happens with us too - and we think its wonderful that you return when you have a bit more time to see what's up with vfk! the staff have really gone out to make it exciting and fun for everybody's tastes.

I came to vfk through my daughter, who was also on magic like i'm sure all of you were. she was just 12 when vfk opened. she was so looking forward to it because she was upset about magic closing. I imagine bc she was young, she expected it to be more similar to magic as it stood when it closed.  she was not prepared for the beta version and said there was nothing to do and it was stupid (she was never very patient). so she stopped playing. 

in 2013, she came back on and vfk had changed a lot since beta. (unfortunately she didn't remember her original log in and anything beta she had is lost. I know it can be retrieved, but long story...).  she got excited about the game and asked me to get her membership. I said, "let me see this game." I was always a "gamer", playing all kinds of games since before video games and then starting with Atari that my dad had brought home - for himself! lol since then I own many game systems for me and my (now grown) kids. so when I looked closely at vfk I liked what I saw. I bought membership for both of us! and I have been here since, watching all the new parts of vfk being added one by one. my daughter doesn't play anymore bc, like you girls, she is busy.  she has a toddler who will be three next week and twenty month old twin boys. she also works full time. so, since she hasn't been able to play, I play her avatar for her for when the kids get a little older and she finds more time. her favorite time is Halloween!

so now i'm going on as long as you, sporty! the gist of what i'm saying is welcome back! anytime! we love to have you whenever you can make it! and in true vfk fashion, whatever you might need the community is always there to help you out. and yes, we have an age range from young kids to not only grandparents but great grandparents! we have entire families that play, and that's why its the Virtual FAMILY Kingdom! Woot!

So go do your thing, do what you have to. you will always have friends here at vfk who will be happy to see you every time you return!  mega  >:D<  hugs!!

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• Sporty, I’m in a similar boat as you. I love vfk, but for quite some time I’ve been at the point where school dominates my life. Although busy, I try to stay in the loop by going on this forum and messaging my friend who keeps me updated. Winter break will be my chance to finally actively log on vfk if I want because I’ll have a few weeks with no projects. I think you’re like me. Someone who has played for a long time, and would love to play more but we’re just busy right now :P. No need to quit, just play when you can.
  • YAY MILLS!!! HUGS HUGS!!!

from,

the crazy lady! ♥

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• I've been on VFK since the beginning, and it's wild to see how much it's changed. The garden went from being almost constantly fully occupied to only 1 or 2 people there. Trade rooms are only busy very rarely and everything I used to do or have interest in, doesn't seem to happen anymore. That just comes with age; as people have grown older, they've grown apart from the game, myself included. I barely played for a year and a half until winter last year, because busy college life, and I'm sad because all my friends have drifted away from the game for the same reasons. VFK is nostalgic for me, and I look forward to school breaks in hopes of seeing some old friends again. 
    That being said, don't quit! Just play when you can. If your friends are online, they'll definitely be happy to see you- I know I am when old friends log on. VFK isn't something you HAVE to move on from. It'll always be an integral part of our lives, whether we played it when we were younger, or had a brief 2 year stint on the game; it doesn't matter. VFK affected us all differently and we shouldn't have to let it go due to life getting in the way. Just use your free time to come back and visit :)
    Marina_and_the_diamonds