COMPLETE Chapter 9 Hints all in one post

edited July 2015 in Formula For Danger
I have been asked by many in game to post my hints so here they are 

CHAPTER 9
Click on  corner of bench piece with the cutouts.
read note, check out brown box which holds a machine.*kind of looks like strange typewriter   (Anne will talk to you about it)  Once she stops, click on machine to get a closer view - Try to turn machine on. it wont work, flip it over and u see no batteries 
arrow over  Talk with Anne - asking about batteries for machine and get key for lab from Anne
 Go up the stairs to end of hall (go down hall past note on floor under chairs we saw last chapter ) - use key  from Anne to open door at the end.

Check around and store all items listed below
    At the: File cabinet click on drawers to file cabinet then when in close enough  check the box on top of file cabinet for batteries
 Next to the door where u came into lab  ( on right side on dark wood frame ) magnify glass shows another little trap door.  Open and take cobra store in inventory
arrow around to  desk in room - you can see a photo, click on it
arrow around room  till u see black chalkboard: on  Right side foot of the chalkboard, magnify glass turns red  find the clothing button on the floor next to the chalkboard leg . Store button in inventory

Comments

• edited July 2015
    IF phone on the desk  rings - answer it

gas is turned on in the room by someone - try to leave the room  (DOOR IS LOCKED)
    Jane says she needs to find a way to turn off the gas
     Find Wrench under table with the white sheet -(at bottom) , take wrench store in inventory
                  (you are only able to pick up wrench after the gas being is on)
    arrow around  To the left of the door  is long lab counter - click where magnify glass shows to view a pipe that has been cut 
     Use wrench on the metal where gas is leaking from
    once turned off  Leave lab through the door which is now unlocked
    talk with Anne in library  leave cabin go back to lodge
    on way talk to Packard ( still fishing)
    get to lodge talk to Alex , says its his button and it disappears from your inventory 
    go upstairs to room 8 call Aunt
    she will tell u to call back , 
    click on phone second time 
    aunt will tell u batteries are in broom closet in kitchen
    go there open broom closet and arrow up 
    get batteries and flashlight

go back to Anne's cabin , replace batteries with new , still dont work , Anne tells u to clean terminals , use the sand paper in inventory and put new batteries back in
    turn on machine .  type the puzzle code from prior chapter : The Mongoose shows the way
    if all done correctly anne will talk once again and a shadow of someone outside is seen in window
    end of chapter : back to Balta street

• yay thanks this will really help!!
    i'm on chapter 8 but i'll soon be on chapter 9
    thx for the walkthrough!
  • Thanks so much Dis!  this is so great to see!
    DazzledreamSignature
  • edited July 2015
    Woo awesome Disfaniam!  thanks!
    skylambsignature
  • edited July 2015
    Thank you, Thank you!!!! (Mega hugs!!!)  This is just what I needed to finish!
     I love you Dis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ColourzRNice2
  • I don't get the code at all. Plz help!

• edited July 2015
    the code u type in on lower keyboard is the one u figured out in past chapters: 

The Mongoose shows the way

• I can't arrow up in the broom closet??

iminute vfk
    thanks for this taco!! :D
  • then u have missed a step somewhere , take and review the steps or back track your steps
  • Thanks Dis these are great to help us all.
    Told many ppl to look for your post for help
    ;)

FriendsLikeYouMakeMyHeartMeltSnowma
  • @Nessa_Rose here you go!

"So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers"honeylmskjfl

• @disfaniam  hi! For some reason when I went downstairs to talk to anne after leaving the lab with the gas she didn't mention anything! and in the lab the door unlocked!!!! but she wont say anything

babe

My crush lives far away and the only thing that keeps me going is this little saying: It's not about the distance in miles, but the closeness in heart.

• hmm , did u get all the things in the lab? the button , the batteries , the cobra and clicked on the picture to look at it ?  somewhere u missed a step prior to that , also you have to make sure u click on the dialog that is appropriate for the part of the scene u are in ......go back and review what steps are needed and what  you are sure u have done if in doubt that u did a step just redo them
  • thank you so much was stuck and you sure helped ty

• GREAT HELP AS ALWAYS........THANK GOODNESS YOU ARE AROUND!!! WOULD STILL BE STUCK BACK ON CHAPTER FOUR  THANK YOU!!!!

• edited July 2015

@disfaniam I  gave alex the button but aunt ellen wont say anything i:

babe

My crush lives far away and the only thing that keeps me going is this little saying: It's not about the distance in miles, but the closeness in heart.

• then u have missed a step , go back and review all at the cottage that u may have missed
  • I type the message the mongoose shows the way but jane still doesnt answer me. please help

• janes house?

• when I type in the code the mongoose shows the way, only some letters light up. is this the problem with finishing?

• edited July 2015
    I didn't here are screenshots: @disfaniamsED
    ok
    Screenshot_1
    pipe
    alex

babe

• @disfaniam I also just immediately went out the door when it opened and the dialogue was in the box. she didn't finish reading it I just went out the door and it disappeared maybe its that part?

babe

• edited July 2015
    when u were in lab , obviously from pic you got batteries on top BUT  , did u click on file drawer to move in to the  frame to get batteries  *the drawer itself  ? ( u will find those batteries found in lab are dead eventually ) you should hear the gas if u clicked on drawer, got batteries on top, got button , got cobra and clicked on picture of anne  and Noah on desk.....if she is not talking to you in library after u go back and put the batteries found in lab and finding out they are dead you missed a step cause she will tell u something like she doesnt know where any other batteries are , and jane will say she will check with aunt ....( then thats the time to go back to lodge to do the lodge steps) DRAWER
  • @disfaniam  thank you!! I figured out that I had to put the batteries in the code machine, click the on, off button. THEN talk to anne! thanks!!!!!! I got confused because you didn't put that in your hints.

babe

• edited July 2015
    sorry about that ......figured it was obvious step to do when i wrote in start there were no batteries and u were going to get them in lab...that once u found them they would go in machine that needed them
    CHAPTER 9
    Click on  corner of bench piece with the cutouts.
    read note, check out brown box which holds a machine.*kind of looks like strange typewriter   (Anne will talk to you about it)  Once she stops, click on machine to get a closer view - Try to turn machine on. it wont work, flip it over and u see no batteries 
    arrow over  Talk 
    with Anne - asking about batteries for machine and get key for lab from Anne

• I can't find the metal where the gas is coming from, can you help?

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• edited August 2015
    Pinky find the oxygen tank beside desk ,,,, then scroll over to right to you can get to lab table  (have your wrench in hand) look around where arrow is pointing and keep clicking fast
  • edited August 2015

Thanks Dis! :) One more thing, when I go to call Aunt Ellen, I have no option except "Talk to you later!"

:|

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• when i talk to aunt ellen it only lets me hang up! :O help! >_<
    Just an artist who loves anime and video games!
    76722c13-5af4-4bd2-a517-f4051b16cbca-tumblr_p5c4cir7241sejmmmo7_540
  • @tacocat, can you ask about batteries?  If you can't, go  put the lab batteries in the code machine then flip it over and try turning it on, then talk to Anne.

If you Aunt talks to you about batteries but can't remember you have to get stuck in the lab first

Good luck!
    DazzledreamSignature