Per-friend selective location?

I was just thinking about how it would be useful if there could be a list of friends you could share your location with while everyone else sees the "Travelling" indicator per usual (akin to the toggle on Messenger where you can appear online to different friends and offline to everyone else or vice-versa).

I know that there are only a couple friends I want knowing where I am at any given time and I feel like this option would be very useful for those of us who don't want to broadcast our location to absolutely everyone.

Thanks for listening!

X

goodboye

Comments

• I think this is a great idea!
    VFK sig
  • PhantomsAngelOfMusic said:

I think this is a great idea!

Thanks! I hope it's implemented.

goodboye
  • So do I. It would be really nice to have just a select few friends know where you are at all times.
    VFK sig
  • I ask this because it’s a genuine question, but why do people worry about their location on VFK or if people can see where they’re at? The only instances I can understand are when you’re building and don’t want people following or when you're at a host hunt.
  • Perpetual_Fighter said:

I ask this because it’s a genuine question, but why do people worry about their location on VFK or if people can see where they’re at? The only instances I can understand are when you’re building and don’t want people following or when you're at a host hunt.

Mainly privacy. Plus, certain people randomly follow me no matter where I am and it would be nice to be able to hide my location from those kinds of people while also allowing those closer to me to know where I am. Either way, it's more control over one's privacy which should be welcomed in any case.

goodboye
  • AwesomeX said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

I ask this because it’s a genuine question, but why do people worry about their location on VFK or if people can see where they’re at? The only instances I can understand are when you’re building and don’t want people following or when you're at a host hunt.

Mainly privacy. Plus, certain people randomly follow me no matter where I am and it would be nice to be able to hide my location from those kinds of people while also allowing those closer to me to know where I am. Either way, it's more control over one's privacy which should be welcomed in any case.
    I would just remove anyone that you don't want following you, if they continue to do it. That would annoy me as well. I see what you're saying though.