~ STORY TIME~ TORNADO (with photos of damage!)

edited April 2018 in General
Our weather...man has it been crazy. Alright so starting off with last week sprign finally decided to show up. It was about 70 degrees that saturday and I kind of expected a storm and it came. Nothing bad but come easter it was COLD, it dropped 40 degrees! And by evening it snowed. Four inches of snow. Mother nature was like,

"You thought it was spring? Hah!"

Not only that, it melted by monday. And that afternoon, another thunderstorm as it was warming up. Pretty bad too, lot of rain, high winds and it ended at some point in the night. Tuesday, ANOTHER storm. Not just one, but two systems moving through. The first one produced hail, heavy winds, lighting and a lot of rain. The second system was like that but worse and we were put under tornado WATCH (capitalized so you can understand it was only a lookout). We thoguht nothing of it as the storm progressed because we'd figure tey would warn us but nope. 

We had a tornado just outside of city limits. Everyone in town was fine but out in the country it was a mess. The sirens didn't go off and it was just like last time over the summer! [Last time we had a tornado it was right behind our house and we didn't evne know it! Once again my house was safe but the guy behind us wasn't. Weird. It waso only an F1] The town doesn't want to take responsibility either.  They tried to tell us neither were tornados but come on! This one destroyed houses for pete's sake. It makes me mad, because what if it were more dangerous? What if it was an F4 or F5? It would've damaged out town just by passing through as it's not very big. And none of us would know to go to the basesment. Smh, this town.

Anyway, I'm fine. Nobody died...well except a girl passing through but she slid into flood water and drowned, sadly but that wasn't due to the tornado. We're all fine and the best part? No pets died either. Just some damage.

crystal-whitehead-3 crystal-whitehead-4 crystal-whitehead-5 crystal-whitehead-6 crystal-whitehead-9 crystal-whitehead-10 Debris-Scattered-Across-Field Power-Poles-Leaning Schwarm-House-1 Schwarm-House-2 Schwarm-House-5 Schwarm-House-6
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• wow, storms are always so scary!  i'm glad everyone and their pets are fine!

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • WELCOME BACK @frogiepower!!! How have you been!?!? Are things going well for you!?
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture
  • I suppose. Not too sure, ah some stuff but not directly related to me ALSO forgot to mention, we're gonna get like 4 inches of snow friday.
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"
  • WHOA that's a lot of snow!  I know winter is lasting longer this year than last year, I wonder why?!
    I guess we'll be all the more appreciative of the warm weather when it gets here then! :D
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture
  • Hey @frogiepower !

Good to see you! Whoa those are some impressive photos!  I would totally hate it if those were our house (Knock on wood) So glad didn't hurt many people!

So how's life been treating you?  still rotten or just blaah?

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• My profile picture will demonstrate my expression. I feel bad for whoever's cars and houses those were. 
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect