Enter Key for Storage

A thread like this was made a while back by someone else, but in light of egg hunt season, I figured I'd bring it up again. I'm currently in the process of trying to store 300+ eggs in my egg carton because my inventory is at capacity. I would love it if we could just hit and hold enter to quickly put all the eggs, and any other items for storage, into the storage bins. 

Comments

• I agree 100%
  • edited April 2018
    They have already implemented enter + hold for the seed exchange in the greenhouse. I believe it is sporadic and only works in browser though.

Also; as of late has anyone noticed when attempting to push a stack of an item into a storage bin, you must click once, mouse off, and move back on? I swear this wasn't a thing until awhile ago when automatic stacking previews was implemented in trades/storage bins, etc.. 

Also the egg carton hasn't been updated to hold this years eggs yet. 
  • Bulk placing/holding enter key hasn't been added to storage containers like the wood and seed exchanges.  That is a feature a lot of us are hoping will come soon!

@MaroonTealFlower I haven't noticed that, but if something is not working with your account you can always write a note to staff!  Maybe they can look at it!

By the way, I second your idea @LadyNymeria!

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• On the subject; 

Would be nice if Place Multiple Feature was extended.. so when you selected such; a popup would appear..

Place Multiple:
    In Room (default location)
    In Item (select a storage container to dump items into.. could use active object grid selection tool)
    In Coordinate (select a x,y coordinate in the room by mousing over a tile. could use active object white grid hilights) 

Also Looks like Place Multiple max's out at 75. Even if you enter more than 75; only does 75. Same for buying in stores. I can understand why this was implemented in a way - but would be nice if client could just reissue calls in increments of 75 to attain the desired number and then the remainder for the final call. 
  • MaroonTealFlower said:

They have already implemented enter + hold for the seed exchange in the greenhouse. I believe it is sporadic and only works in browser though.

Also; as of late has anyone noticed when attempting to push a stack of an item into a storage bin, you must click once, mouse off, and move back on? I swear this wasn't a thing until awhile ago when automatic stacking previews was implemented in trades/storage bins, etc.. 

This has always been the case for me, which makes putting things into storage even more frustrating. I can't just continuously double click to add stuff, I have to shift my mouse around too.
  • MaroonTealFlower said:

On the subject; 

Would be nice if Place Multiple Feature was extended.. so when you selected such; a popup would appear..

Place Multiple:
    In Room (default location)
    In Item (select a storage container to dump items into.. could use active object grid selection tool)
    In Coordinate (select a x,y coordinate in the room by mousing over a tile. could use active object white grid hilights) 

Also Looks like Place Multiple max's out at 75. Even if you enter more than 75; only does 75. Same for buying in stores. I can understand why this was implemented in a way - but would be nice if client could just reissue calls in increments of 75 to attain the desired number and then the remainder for the final call. 
    OOoo I like that expansion idea Maroon!  I would like the placing in room to be increased but I don't think buying should be.  I myself and others have bought 50 of something we didn't mean to lol And I think VFK limited it so people wouldn't complain so much.  Probably if it was 100 people would just give up and ask staff to undo their purchase when they made a mistake!  just MO

I especially like your second idea of clicking the storage unit you want the items in!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• Thats a fair point about accidentally buying more than 75. I believe on certain items when buying I have been limited if the credit amount is more than a set default value. Some items in the game in stores dont let you buy more than say 30 at a time, at least when ive tried; such as the 50,000 Golden bonnets even in theory the max should be 75?? 

If anything the Place Multiple expansion is a better implementation for quickly putting things in storage units as you already have your inventory open. When you are having to open a storage unit.. you have to load your inventory and the storage unit inventory. Saves on server load. I think the enter+hold method is good for crafting/trades however. 
  • edited April 2018
    Update:

Also with the clicking issue.. just did a trade. Appears that when you are in a trade you can just hover and keep clicking to add items into the trade. This is not the case for inventory/storage sheds.. gotta click, hover off, hover back on, click.. etc.. @VFK_Mintie was this intentional, maybe to make a delay into adding things to sheds to reduce load? just curious. 
  • MaroonTealFlower said:

I've also had this problem. The thing is, I only have it when I'm on the downloaded epic ages. If i play VFK directly in a web browser, i don't have this issue. So i try and play it directly.
    Could this possibly be just a small glitch on the downloaded version?

• MaroonTealFlower said:

YES I noticed the problem of clicking on the same item, especially in Google Chrome and Epic Ages. 

32cb878a
  • Agreed I despise having to put items back in their bins after room contests because it takes so long... even with an auto clicker.

• Also for place multiple when it comes to trading items like eggs :)