My Best Friend (Blog)

edited December 2017 in General

I'm aware that there have been several occasions where I've claimed a multitude of people as my "best friend" and until now, I hadn't realized none of those people actually were. On either end. That doesn't mean I hadn't cared about the mentioned people it's just that...they weren't really my best friend. I never had one. People claim that when you do, you can feel the friendship (and I'm not trying to sound like a hippie when I say that) the connection between you and that one specific person. I've never felt it at least, not as strongly as you should if that person is in fact your best friend but now that I realized all of this- I found her. My best friend.

The bad part?

She lives eight thousand miles away in the southern hemisphere. When it's monday after noon here, it'll be early tuesday morning where she's at. This only allows us a small window of time for communication but she's worth it. My best friend, the kiwi girl, descendant of the Māori tribe, is worth everything I've got to give her. I swear, she's like another me except nicer, kinder, and more supportive than I am (because let's face it, my social skills are very limited as I am not too good at that). I understand what people are saying now about considering a friend as a part of your family. It makes purpose sense.

But her being so far away makes it hard. Have you ever wanted to go somewhere so bad that you can't wait any longer? Because that's how I feel. The days tick by slowly and the plan I've made with her to fly their the summer after high school and visit seems father and farther away. Not only do I have to wait but during that time I need to save up almost three thousand dollars just for the plane ticket, my ride and living space are already taken care of because of well, her. We made a deal since I'm paying the biggest expenses that she covers the smaller, lesser ones.

I just, it's hard to explain, I know. So if this doesn't make much sense to you I'm sorry. I just care about her and sometimes when she doesn't answer I get worried and paranoid that something happened because if something did, I would have no way of knowing that. LDR are difficult, relationships of any kind (because a friendship is a relationship people!) but they definitely are possible. At least with friendships, they can't cheat, amiright?
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• @frogiepower it's so great to see you again, and I'm SOOO happy to hear that you have a fun best friend!! I know time can seem like it's passing really slowly, isn't that annoying?!?!
    It sounds like you have a great plan for the future though!!  Have you sent her anything by mail yet, like a Christmas present?!

• @Doodlepufflove Working on it! My mother and I are splitting the shipping cost because it's kind of pricey. I made a deal that we'd both pay $15. She'll get it around our birthdays (which are ten days apart)
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"