Idea Blue Snowflake Beanie

2»

Comments

• Let's look at this from another angle.  VFK is a community, I would think that is what everyone loves about it right?  Because if it was a normal play by yourself game then none of this would apply and any repeats would be fine.

Now you're a new player and you ask what is rare in VKF?  Everyone says beanie, feather hat....etc You instantly have a goal of the ultimate rare item to have in VFK.  It's a reason to stay at VFK people love goals and those hats are really unique and you can't get knock offs in VFK.  

You could say well you don't like it, don't get the hat why do you care about rare in the first place?  Because rare is one side of VFK that really excites people.  Again if VFK wasn't a community this wouldn't matter.

---------------------------

The main issue here is that millsfan is suggesting a direct copy of style to the original beanie, and I can't blame people for being antsy:

Dev blog post by mills:

I wanted to note that I have a specific style that I love and want the VFK art team to keep in mind. I love when beanies are slanted on the head & are hanging down in the back (not sticking up). I would love if vfk looked at the picture that I'm going to send..so you can see I specifically designed and placed the beanie a certain way. I love the "Mop top" hair on VFK and I looked at the boys "Mop top" hair when designing this hat to ensure that the beanie looks the way I have in mind.

I wanted to note the style I'm trying to show you is to make the beanie so it lays slanted on the head and not have the hat so pushed down on the head to the point where you can't see the hair with the Mop top hair style. I like when its slanted and has the bangs/side of hair showing. I'd love if the Beanie is made to be slanted on the head, and also not pushed all the way down on the head and sticking up (then you can't see the hair and the pom pom sticks up). Please make the pom pom stick more downward like seen in the picture (you can also look at the original Black and White Beanie we have in game which is somewhat like the Blue beanie I made a picture of). Although my Blue Beanie picture is somewhat less pushed down on the head compared to the Beanie we have in VFK, I wanted to bring up the original beanie as its pom pom is downward and not sticking up. 

I would love for this beanie to be the Elusive item given from a Host Hunt item for this Winter. I'd love for it to have 1 un announced host hunt, 2 hunts at most, but I'd prefer 1 host event for it to make it elusive. We don't really get any new host content that ever remains elusive, so I'd love to get a new beanie that has a lot of value. 

-------------------------

Above, Mills is asking for almost a direct copy of the beanie and that it be very rare which would make it a competitor to the original beanie. I think this is what is making people upset, not the idea of a new hat but a second competitor to the beanie.

People even say that most important thing is that it be a slouch beanie and NOT like the anniversary beanie.  Here is another example of that:

------------------------
    Also more beanie hats would be awesome (preferably purple) and in the original black & white beanie hat style (more slouched over) rather than the recent anniversary beanie.
    ------------------------

So the anniversary knitted hat is not competing with the beanie because people don't like it as much, as mills wrote in his note, he doesn't like the anniversary hat as much as the original and is asking that the new hat, if made, be based off the original.  That is the only problem not the fact that mills have an idea for a new hat.

It's not the idea @millsfan , it's good to have all sorts of ideas for new items in VFK!!  It's just people don't want to introduce another beanie, they want a new hat which is different.

Cool just got cooler!
  • I want to say I agree with @beagle, the parallels being drawn between the old and new beanie are not quite valid as the beanies are radically different in shape and design, here is a comparison:

BeanieComparison

The beanie is the most popular hat in VFK, I can see why many people want to avoid devaluing it.

Also the beanie is not comparable to most other hats in VFK as most other hats aren't an icon of VFK, someone mentioned that the last cowboy hat was almost exactly like the valentine's day cowboy hat, this is not the case as shown in the following picture:

CowboyHatComparison

The new cowboy hat has the same style at the cowboy hat sold in the mercantile.

I agree with what most people are saying, we should think of completely new and original hat ideas to set VFK apart.
    Being in school is like having your life sorted into a thousand little boxes...
    then having a legion of demons burn one every day.
  • ColourzRnice said:

@Perpetual_Fighter I'm pretty sure it's just the 2 blue berry dye combination.  I can trade those three hats if you want to work something out!

Ohh! Sure, I would love to trade for them, what are your wants? (: I have a couple antiques. Metallic presents, mini green house, and girl black Christmas hair if any of those interest you.

• Perpetual_Fighter said:

ColourzRnice said:

@Perpetual_Fighter I'm pretty sure it's just the 2 blue berry dye combination.  I can trade those three hats if you want to work something out!

Ohh! Sure, I would love to trade for them, what are your wants? (: I have a couple antiques. Metallic presents, mini green house, and girl black Christmas hair if any of those interest you.

@Perpetual_Fighter I would absolutely LOVE any of your antiques! We can trade when ever you have a chance, just let me know where!
    ColourzRNice2
  • ColourzRnice said:

Perpetual_Fighter said:

ColourzRnice said:

@Perpetual_Fighter I would absolutely LOVE any of your antiques! We can trade when ever you have a chance, just let me know where!
    I'm going on now! Can you meet at castle gate? (:
  • I absolutely love this idea and the design you made! I would buy it in a second!
  • This is an amazing idea! I dont see why people are so upset? I mean we have acorn beanie and anniversary beanie so whats the deal with a snowflake beanie? I would love to see this in game it looks amazing good job @millsfan for the great work on photo shopping the beanie it looks incredible! 
    Signature
  • 1. I totally agree With @Perpetual_Fighter, we need new ideas not ones from another game.  We need unique! And Second, if you guys don't care about the value of the beanie please gift me your beanie because I sooo want it!
  • fashionista.star said:

1. I totally agree With @Perpetual_Fighter, we need new ideas not ones from another game.  We need unique! And Second, if you guys don't care about the value of the beanie please gift me your beanie because I sooo want it!

Hahaha I love that Segway you just did XD Thanks for agreeing haha, I didn't want to come off as mean. Just brain storming.
  • My thoughts on everything (said with a heart of love): I believe the fun of VFK is to "add to" the game and not "replace". This new beanie option I feel would be cool and it won't replace the original beanie. It's just to add more options for players. I personally never cared for the original beanie cause it's just not really my personal style. Those that own and like the original can still own the original. It won't be taking the original away just adding another option for players like I said. Not everybody has the same personal style and we don't all dress the same. I think @millsfan asked for the blue beanie mostly because it was his personal dressing style and wanted it in game. The same reason everybody else sends in ideas to staff. They want something in the game they like. I am sure there were other reasons too why he suggested it but I think the main reason was cause he simply likes the look of it. Anyway, those are my feelings on everything.

With much love <3
    -water

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• My thoughts on everything (said with a heart of love): I believe the fun of VFK is to "add to" the game and not "replace". This new beanie option I feel would be cool and it won't replace the original beanie. It's just to add more options for players. I personally never cared for the original beanie cause it's just not really my personal style. Those that own and like the original can still own the original. It won't be taking the original away just adding another option for players like I said. Not everybody has the same personal style and we don't all dress the same. I think @millsfan asked for the blue beanie mostly because it was his personal dressing style and wanted it in game. The same reason everybody else sends in ideas to staff. They want something in the game they like. I am sure there were other reasons too why he suggested it but I think the main reason was cause he simply likes the look of it. Anyway, those are my feelings on everything.

With much love <3
    -water
    Hi everyone : ) I hope you all had a fun Christmas! I appreciate your kind post Water, well said : )  I want no hard feelings to any critics that posted here that are not into my Blue Snowflake beanie idea.  No debate is necessary, and I want to just note that this idea is very simple and people are over thinking it.  We have hundreds of items in VFK, some are different, some are similar, and some are even re paints of another item.  Some items are original, and some items are inspired from Video game and Television shows.  For example, an abundance of Halloween Costumes were released this season (a record high of over 50 outfits).  I want you all to realize that almost all of the costumes were basically costumes players suggested on the devblog, that were inspired by video game characters and anime characters (so I don't understand the back lash for me suggesting a hat from a video game which has a design that I find perfect for a snowy VFK outfit). I've always wanted a NEW Blue Snow Beanie to coordinate with a blue winter outfit, and although I have the original (and anniversary) beanie, they just don't work with my blue outfits.  So, realize in a game like VFK, there are thousands of items, some certain people may like, while others may not care for it (so it's totally normal if not everyone likes an item). 

In this post, I'm simply just suggesting a Blue Winter beanie, and just because we have a Black and white Striped beanie from 2009, that doesn't mean we should never allow the idea to get a new beanie (which is an entirely different design and color).   It's not like I'm suggesting VFK re color the original beanie and sell it in the store for 100 credits (that would be ridiculous).  All I'm suggesting here is a Host hunt for a new hat for players to enjoy.  This is my style.. I love beanies, I like the way this hat looks (color and snowflake pattern), and no other changes are necessary to this hat.  I (and many others that I've shown this picture to) would just simply this hat (Inspired by the AC game) in VFK. I hope that even with the naysayers, those that like this design can continue to have optimism that VFK will make it.  
  • edited November 2018
    Bumping this thread.  Many vfkers and myself would love a Blue Snowflake Beanie this holiday season as a host hat.  Animal Crossing does not have "Blue Snowflake beanie" copyrighted.. its a blue hat with a snowflakes on it, any game can have that.  I'm really not looking for more controversy, so if you do not want a blue snowflake beanie, just please refrain from posting here.  This thread is for people that 

Here's a real life example of the hat… not copyrighted.. simply a blue hat :P.
    4cdf4de2320aabb085def5680a1a76e6

Here's many more examples of a similar design, created by different people.  Some of the examples are just a different value of blue. The Blue Snowflake design is not copyrighted by Animal Crossing.. any game or fashion company can make a beanie with snowflakes on it.  

IMG_4221

• @GiftPrincess @HoneyBee @Sorasmemory @SnowandSurfRider @I.Am.Chalk I am bumping this thread as I would like to see the a Blue Snowflake Beanie this winter.