THE "ART" TAB (IDEA)

Hi!

I originally created this post on another forum 2 years ago and have been wanting to repost it here for quite a while, so nows the perfect opportunity!  We have a GOLDEN 10th Year for VFK coming up, so I wanted to get this idea in front of VFK now!

For the past 9 years, the “Art” tab has questioned many vfkers because it has no purpose. Although I've seen many suggest it get removed from the game since it has no purpose, there are others who look at the "Art" tab and see great potential for a new game feature. I see great potential and I don’t want the tab to be scrapped from the game, because I actually have a great idea that can make this tab a brand new FEATURE in VFK for people to express their artistic abilities!  I have spent many long hours creating these images to help visualize the way The “Art” feature will work in VFK. Note - THESE ARE NOT IN-GAME IMAGES!  All of this is a CONCEPT created by myself, and the images are used to help visualize my ideas.

This is how it works…
Art in VFK is created by…YOU!  You better buy an art board, because it’s time to get drawing.  VFK Drawing is FUN for all ages; you can even trade artwork with one another.  Once you have your board, go to your room, open your inventory, and 
click the “Art” tab and place your drawing board.Standing with blank board_zpshh5t82yy 

This is a “Drawing Board – Horizontal”.  Drawing boards can be purchased horizontal, or vertical.  There are also designs for the artboards, standard (shown in photos), or if you want a more elegant regal look, you can purchase the Golden Frame Art boards.

Now that our Art Board is placed, lets click it.

Click board  

You can see the “Draw” button is available so, lets give it a shot. Once you click “Draw”, The VFK Drawing Board Interface will pop up.

VFK ART INTERFACE This is The VFK Drawing Board Interface.  As you can see, this is the Horizontal board,
it is simple and basic interface (good for all ages), yet can create beautiful art. There are many tools to use while drawing such as a pencil, eraser, different sizes (for the pencil and eraser), and a variety of colors!

Once you are familiar with the interface, select the pencil tool to begin drawing. 
Selecting paint
The pencil tool has now been selected; whichever tool is currently being used will noticeably have a darkened button.  Before I begin my drawing, I must select the pencil size. 

Let’s start out our drawing with a light, small sketch, and as I move on, I can change my sizes as needed.Selecting small 

Now that I have selected your pencil tool size, I may begin drawing.  Note: Sizes can be used for both the pencil and eraser.

Finished drawing

After hours of drawing, my masterpiece is complete!  I now have an awesome piece of art that I can put in my rooms in VFK!

To prevent losing my drawing, I better click the “Save” button. 

save

Okay great, my drawing is now saved.

locked mouse

You can also “Lock” the drawing, to prevent others from editing your art.  The lock button will lock the drawing so if a friend opens the art under furniture permissions, or if you just trade them the artwork, they cannot edit it to make it their own
whatsoever.  The rightful creator who originally drew the art can only unlock a locked drawing.

standing with board

Now that my drawing is done and saved, I’m all set, time to show the world my art!

MORE DETAILS

Art Competitions – Get your drawing skills ready!  The “Art” Tab brings an entire new type of
competitions to VFK!  Similar to the many
room and ride building competitions players can participate in during
Halloween, Christmas, Spring (Garden), and other competitions found in VFK, you
can now part take in Art Contests! 
During an Art Contest, players will be asked to submit their best drawing
to try to win special art prizes!  The
prizes you can win are:

Art Competition Trophy (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

Art Competition Pin (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

Art Competition Beret (Gold, Silver, Bronze)

Winners also receive a free art board!

Art Gallery – The Art Gallery is the hotspot for everything
Art!  You can purchase art supplies here
such as art boards to draw on, or even buy artistic fashions such as berets and
other artsy apparel! The Art Gallery was an idea that I felt would be nice in
Retro Age since there are a lot of fun areas there, yet then I thought it may
fit better in Victorian Age because the age could use some new great areas to
explore and I could see the Art Gallery fit very well with fancy music in
Victorian age.  The art Gallery is not
only a place to buy art supplies but also a place that showcases new art!  Art created by VFK players can be seen
showcased on the walls throughout the Art Gallery and can be updated whenever
VFK wishes to give players a fresh spotlight of the latest art created by real
vfk players!

Uploading Art – This is a feature I’m wondering whether or
not it should be included because it may take away from people actually
creating art IN VFK; I do see how it can also enhance art in VFK so I want to
still post this idea. If you have art that you created outside of VFK using
other mediums, you can upload the art to a VFK canvas using a new “UPLOAD Art”
Button.  This process is not a way for
people to cut around creating their own art by simply taking any image you want
and displaying it on an art board, you must prove to VFK that it is art that
you created!  Whether its you taking a
picture with the art in real life or simply somehow proving the art is yours,
you can request that the art that you created outside of VFK can get uploaded
on to a canvas for you to display to all of VFK!

Thank you for reading my concept idea, I hope everyone (including VFK) likes the idea as it would add a ton of new excitement to the game :)

-millsfan

Comments

• Brilliant!
    bork_bork_motherfucker
  • YeS
    bd95c5fe7175cdaddea9d8be2191da8a_original
  • Thank you @SillyCeliac and @CozyFallWitch, I'm so happy you enjoyed the concept.  I just added MORE Details to the thread, please have a look!
  • This is a cool concept. I have a question though. I'm not good at drawing using my mouse, lol. So do we have to use another tool so its easier to draw?

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
    tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    surfer and her secrets lol
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
    mrs claus lovvvve
    mrs claus 2022 music question
  • Wow, that was an amazing presentation! I loved it! That looks so cool! I just hope that if VFK does do this, it's not gold stamps (I'd prefer for it to be where non-members can buy it as well) or if it just so sadly happens to be Gold Stamps, it is tradable to anyone. That would be amazing! Good Job!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Hi Giftt : )  Most people that draw digitally use tablets to draw, as it helps feel like you're drawing on paper!  HBforever, I figured the art boards would be for gold stamps to give members a great benefit to being a member, but yes, all art boards are trade able to anyone :) 
  • Hi Mills! I love that idea! I really hope VFK makes it happen! I especially like the idea of having an art gallery to look at fellow players' art and showing off your own. I also liked the idea of having art contests with prizes during different seasons. I can tell you have put a lot of thought and effort into this concept. It is a perfect way to finally utilize the art tab instead of letting it go to waste. Keep the ideas coming! And VFK PLEASE make this a reality! Thanks! :)
  • SnowandSurfRider said:

Hi Mills! I love that idea! I really hope VFK makes it happen! I especially like the idea of having an art gallery to look at fellow players' art and showing off your own. I also liked the idea of having art contests with prizes during different seasons. I can tell you have put a lot of thought and effort into this concept. It is a perfect way to finally utilize the art tab instead of letting it go to waste. Keep the ideas coming! And VFK PLEASE make this a reality! Thanks! :)

Im glad you like the idea :)  I hope they could do this for the Art tab, it would be very exciting
  • Wow this loooks like such a fun idea!! I hope someday it can be added!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• iStella said:

Wow this loooks like such a fun idea!! I hope someday it can be added!

Me too!  Maybe VFK will make this feature for the BIG anniversary, I know this would require a TON of programming, but I KNOW VFK could do it! :) It would be so fun to draw on VFK!  Just imagine making our own artwork to display, trade, and enter in Art competitions!
  • The 10th Anniversary is just a little over a week away!  Does anyone else hope we see the Art feature finally added to vfk after 10 years???
  • ***@millsfan   :-@  to you!

millsfan said:

The 10th Anniversary is just a little over a week away!  Does anyone else hope we see the Art feature finally added to vfk after 10 years???

I think it's a BRILLIANT idea mills!!  and I LOVE your presentation, very well put together and professional!  this is such an original concept to bring to VFK and online gaming IMO.  it would be one more thing that makes VFK stand out from any other similar online game out there!

so ... most wonderful VFK developers ... yes it would take a lot of programming, but please, give mills idea some serious consideration. he really does have the most awesome concepts and ideas for VFK and goes the extra mile to explain and detail them for us all!  he is actually doing much of the pre-production work here! and hey, you might even want to consider hiring him someday!  lol 

on that note - the upload part might be something you set aside for now and can update till later thereby limiting the amount of work needed to initially bring this about.  and also on that note ♪♫ - need it be said that the finished artwork would need to be able to "hang" anywhere (click and place)?

Love you mills!!!! keep up the good work - from the crazy lady!!!! 

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• edited May 2018
    mamasama said:

***@millsfan   :-@  to you!

millsfan said:

The 10th Anniversary is just a little over a week away!  Does anyone else hope we see the Art feature finally added to vfk after 10 years???

I think it's a BRILLIANT idea mills!!  and I LOVE your presentation, very well put together and professional!  this is such an original concept to bring to VFK and online gaming IMO.  it would be one more thing that makes VFK stand out from any other similar online game out there!

so ... most wonderful VFK developers ... yes it would take a lot of programming, but please, give mills idea some serious consideration. he really does have the most awesome concepts and ideas for VFK and goes the extra mile to explain and detail them for us all!  he is actually doing much of the pre-production work here! and hey, you might even want to consider hiring him someday!  lol 

on that note - the upload part might be something you set aside for now and can update till later thereby limiting the amount of work needed to initially bring this about.  and also on that note ♪♫ - need it be said that the finished artwork would need to be able to "hang" anywhere (click and place)?

Love you mills!!!! keep up the good work - from the crazy lady!!!! 
    Hi @mamasama :)  Hey don't make fun of me with the :-@ emote, your post was quite lengthy too... but I loved it : )  Thank you for checking out my idea for the Art Tab!  I would love to see this finally get added to vfk… its been taunting us for 10 years O_O!!!!  

I agree with your suggestion - if the Art feature is added to vfk, the Art submission option (to submit art created outside of the VFK Art Interface) could definitely come later on as an update (it would be challenging enough to program and develop the Art feature so lets focus on the basics). 

VFK's 10th Anniversary is in a week….SO EXCITING!
  • This is a amazing idea! I hope VFK will finally do something with the art tab and it is a great time to release it since VFK's 10th Anniversary is coming up! :)
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • edited May 2018

Hi @millsfan

omg I didn't mean to make fun of you! I see now what that one is and if anybody is the talky talky type it's me! I am officially saddened and ashamed! 

millsfan said:

Hi @mamasama :)  Hey don't make fun of me with the :-@ emote, your post was quite lengthy too... but I loved it : )  Thank you for checking out my idea for the Art Tab!  I would love to see this finally get added to vfk… its been taunting us for 10 years O_O!!!!  

I am sure I used the wrong emote bc they are quite tiny and my bad eyes! the hands were meant to be applause for your fine work! so let me see if I can choose one that's more proper for my feelings about your idea:  how about

I bow to your genius!    ^:)^
    and
    i'm in love with your idea!    :x
    and
    I can't help but fangirl!      8->

I hope these are better!  :)  you know I love you and would never purposely make fun of you or anybody! 

frozen

MMMMMMM …. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

• mamasama said:

Hi @millsfan

omg I didn't mean to make fun of you! I see now what that one is and if anybody is the talky talky type it's me! I am officially saddened and ashamed! 

millsfan said:

I am sure I used the wrong emote bc they are quite tiny and my bad eyes! the hands were meant to be applause for your fine work! so let me see if I can choose one that's more proper for my feelings about your idea:  how about

I bow to your genius!    ^:)^
    and
    i'm in love with your idea!    :x
    and
    I can't help but fangirl!      8->

I hope these are better!  :)  you know I love you and would never purposely make fun of you or anybody! 

You're fine @mamasama !!! I thought you were just teasing me anyway : )  I would love to be able to display art in vfk, it would be such a great activity to do in vfk, and something new for players to trade with people : )
  • OMG this is such a great idea and amazing presentation! As someone who sketches every chance they get, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have something like this on VFK!! I do worry about the drawing-with-a-mouse issue though, lol :)
    IMG_1105 Black Parade Skull Art
  • Raven_Of_Asgard said:

OMG this is such a great idea and amazing presentation! As someone who sketches every chance they get, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have something like this on VFK!! I do worry about the drawing-with-a-mouse issue though, lol :)

HI @Raven_Of_Asgard thanks for checking out my post : )  SOunds like someone is ready to get a tablet!!!  The mouse is definitely not for drawing :P  I recommend starting off with a basic tablet to get use to drawing on the computer (if you're able to).  
  • YES...This idea has great potential! PLEASE VFK  -  MAKE IT A REALITY!
    Excellent pitch, mills! Kudos!!
  • Auntie_Skybluepink said:

YES...This idea has great potential! PLEASE VFK  -  MAKE IT A REALITY!
    Auntie_Skybluepink said:

YES...This idea has great potential! PLEASE VFK  -  MAKE IT A REALITY!
    Thank you @Auntie_Skybluepink I hope to one day see the Art feature in game, it would be fun : )
  • A great idea, however, staff would probably need to approve all artwork before you can publicly display it to prevent people from using inappropriate images on their boards.  Then, if you wanted to fix something in your artwork, it would have to be resubmitted, which could take time for staff to check them when many others are also submitting their art.

• BrainFreeze said:

A great idea, however, staff would probably need to approve all artwork before you can publicly display it to prevent people from using inappropriate images on their boards.  Then, if you wanted to fix something in your artwork, it would have to be resubmitted, which could take time for staff to check them when many others are also submitting their art.

Yes.  It would have to be approved.  I did consider all of this in my initial post and it would just be a part of the feature.  Art needs to be approved; if you break the VFK art rules, you lose the right to draw.  Perhaps Vfk could even give a pop up with the rules upon using an art board for the first time (so players can not say they did not "know the rules" if they ever break them).  

Regarding my wants for VFK, this feature is what I would like to see for VFK's anniversary.
  • HI MILLS!

So we talked about this in game as well and you were ok with me repeating it under your thread.

I was just thinking simply of screenshoot approved pictures. We screen shot anything in game - I'm thinking rooms (like contest rooms, party memories or any event at all) and VFK has a set of frames available. We can submit our chosen frame with our screen shot to them and they have to approve it.

Same concept like uploading videos. They will have to approve it and award us the prize (maybe just for ourselves) then we can put it in a room for friends to see! Like a trophy room.

My idea is not a contest though. Just a simple idea to retain memories within VFK!

But I do like the idea or other contests other than building or racing or haunted guessing game.

I did like the 13 Ghost Guessing game. Hopefully we get more games/contests like that... :)

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • @Giftprincess yes this will be a great feature. To clarify for others, gift is suggesting a camera feature similar to VMK’s. In Vmk you could buy a camera, take pictures in game, and display them in your rooms for you and others to view. This would not replace/be the art tab feature, but just another idea. Perhaps it should be it’s own thread to avoid confusion. I’d love to see the art feature and camera feature in vfk :D
  • millsfan said:

@Giftprincess yes this will be a great feature. To clarify for others, gift is suggesting a camera feature similar to VMK’s. In Vmk you could buy a camera, take pictures in game, and display them in your rooms for you and others to view. This would not replace/be the art tab feature, but just another idea. Perhaps it should be it’s own thread to avoid confusion. I’d love to see the art feature and camera feature in vfk :D

LOLOLOL! I never played VMK, just heard about it in game (many times) and I can imagine other virtual games have this screenshot feature as well. 

Oh and I was thinking we can trade these to our friends, it will be under the art tab anyway. 

But ok, its really a different feature from what you are suggesting. Yours include far more needed external equipment like a stylus and a drawing board which most of us don't have because we don't draw digitally or simply that we don't draw on a daily basis. 

I like it, its a different contest but also I think only a small crowd will participate - particularly artists, student artists which I know VFK has a lot of! 

:)

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • This would be sooo cool we need this in VFK!!!
  • Bumping this thread for @Ormonddude @VFK_MINTIE
  • Hi Everyone - I know stuff could be done but VFK need to establish some player assistance with Moderating - Fair and Equal Players on VFK more than say 5 years are Eligible something like that 
  • Okay Now for some art to Share - The first pictures is a laptop i bought cheap because it had a chunk missing so i fixed it and customized it the same color as my Nautilus Submarine 2023-07-14 04.57.10 www.ebay.com 4556e3ebe4d3
    2023-07-17 01.21.15 www.facebook.com beba690a8c04
    2023-07-17 01.22.11 www.facebook.com 4cdc8c299e2a
    2023-07-17 01.23.47 www.facebook.com 177dfdb9b2c9
  • Sorry for the off Topic posts but I have a awful lot to Share - Millsfan love the Idea but I think it could go further - What if there was Standard floor plans and the art could become a VFK room? or if we could upload pictures and have them become rooms? Bottom line Yes we need to use that Button for Fun and you have my support