Antique shop HELP

edited October 2017 in General
While I love this idea of releasing some special items , I am just not having any luck on securing them for my collection. Is there any hints on how to get them .

I find when the pop up comes out announcing new items are released , and click on them immediately it says sold out or in the case of last nights experience you clicked on them and got nothing, could not buy that happened several times  , I did not get message saying sold out , just nothing happened. I also had times pop up showed saying new items but NOTHING was showing on any of the three options ( specials, member special, or gold stamps) . 

Is there anyone else having the issues I am?

or IF you have been successful in purchasing items what tips can u share to help us who are having such a rough time . 

I would also like to see earlier times during day then later on in evening to give some that can not be on late at night due to work or school or just not in USA  if possible. ( staff please consider alternative earlier times during day )

thanks for any input ........

Comments

• Hey @marshmallowtopping!

I noticed there were more people than usual at the antique shop last night so I don't know if the load on VFK messed with the buy button, although I told staff about it to my guess is the developers will work on it and get that fixed!  I just wrote to help about earlier times for ya!

My tips are:
    1. Open the shop window and keep it up.
    2. Open the Antique section.
    3. Be on one of the 3 sections in the shop.
    4. Have the window off to the side so the pop-up doesn't block the shop window.
    5. When the alert comes, close it and immediately click on to a different section than the one you're on.
    6. Also decide which section you will check before the alert so you don't wonder which one you should check you just click.
    7. Once you see an item in the shop click on it and press buy.
    8. Once you have buy window up and not the sold out you have 5 seconds to buy it, my guess is the item is on hold for you to buy so in this time you can review the name the price etc.  If you do wait out the 5 second the buy window will close.

Optional:
    • Don't close the alert when it comes up because the alert it floating and doesn't block clicking

I don't know if this will help but it's how I get items!  I have some if you want to trade @marshmallowtopping

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• iStella said:

Hey @marshmallowtopping!

I noticed there were more people than usual at the antique shop last night so I don't know if the load on VFK messed with the buy button, although I told staff about it to my guess is the developers will work on it and get that fixed!  I just wrote to help about earlier times for ya!

My tips are:

1. Open the shop window and keep it up.  (I do this)
    2. Open the Antique section.( I do this)
    3. Be on one of the 3 sections in the shop. (I do this)
    4. Have the window off to the side so the pop-up doesn't block the shop window. (I do this )
    5. When the alert comes, close it and immediately click on to a different section than the one you're on.( I have tried leaving alert window open and also closing it  and do click on different sections)
    6. Also decide which section you will check before the alert so you don't wonder which one you should check you just click.  (have done this)
    7. Once you see an item in the shop click on it and press buy.  ( done this also )
    8. Once you have buy window up and not the sold out you have 5 seconds to buy it, my guess is the item is on hold for you to buy so in this time you can review the name the price etc.  If you do wait out the 5 second the buy window will close.  (when I was able to get buy window up was able to buy only two things in all the times the shop was open, frustrating it is)
    I don't think its my computer speed, or internet speed, as I have not had any other problems with lag or glitches in other parts of game ,  
    Optional:
    • Don't close the alert when it comes up because the alert it floating and doesn't block clicking

I don't know if this will help but it's how I get items!  I have some if you want to trade @marshmallowtopping

iStella said:

thanks, for the input, will try again tonight , and as for trading what are u looking for in trades / and have to trade

• I replied in PM! :)
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!