Rookie Tips and Tricks

I am having so much fun exploring the Miss Clue and VFK universe. But there is a bit of a learning curve. Are there any tips or tricks anyone can offer that you wish you would have found out sooner when you first started playing? 

Let me know!
“I have solved some mysteries, I'll admit, and I enjoy it, but I'm sure there are many other girls who could do the same.” -- Nancy Drew, Nancy's Mysterious Letter

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Hi @Daphne_Drew! Welcome to MissClue/VFK!  I love your title it reminds me of scoobydoo and nancy drew <3 

So for hints and tips.  

For Miss Clue: 
    • going to bed occasionally, especially if you are stuck.  
    • always listen to what Jane says, because she'll give you important clues
    For VFK:
    • You can collect money from the npcs in different stores, which is a nice way to get some extra credits
    • Gardening - I didn't know how to do this for the longest time even after it came out
    • The sunday quests! They have good prizes and also come with credits
    • Host events!  Like the host hunts they had today!
    I'm kinda clothes obsessed so... I'm always trying to find ways to earn credits XD

Oh and ONE BIG THING - Closing Parties!  Every night there is a party with staff on Main Street (the best) @Awesome_Piper @Adventure_Rabbit will agree XD,  on the Map and in the Garden.

VogueFourmPic_byTacoCat
    Thank you TACOCAT for my awesome signature pic!
  • Hi!  There is so much to do in VFK.. Ill try to be simple and give some basics for now.

As far as VFK is concerned… there are tons of ways to make credits to buy items with! Games, Quests, Scavenger Hunts, trading, and other methods will help you make credits.

You can suggest stuff to VFK by typing on the developer blog.  To get to the devblog, click "Devblog" at the top of the homepage.

There are new Quests every sunday morning to participatee in.

HOST events -  These events are fun events which allow you to win cool prizes, only available from the HOST. They take place hroughout the game, or under the EVENTS tab on the home button. Check the event calendar to know what new events are going on throughout the week!

Make sure you do the Epic Quest for Fairy and Mermaid enchantment!  They allow you to access Fairy age and Merfolk.  Fairy will help you travel VFK fastly.

You can play Word Search and Crossword Puzzles for a chance at winning a rare "Puzzle lamp" these change every so often.  

VFK memberships are available for purchase and come with many cool features and content!  Be sure to check it out : )

There is SO MUCH to do in VFK, its so hard to explain it all.. if you have any questions, feel free to ask me in game!
    millsfan
  • edited May 2017
    Hey @Daphne_Drew a great resource for all things VFK is FairyFanatic on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW0nXr1ZpcU1GR-5o_aKDYw

She does a lot of MissClue Walkthroughs as well as VFK Videos

A couple of her playlists you might checkout are "Virtual Family Kingdom - How To Play VFK" and "How To Craft In VFK"

Hope this helps!
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • Everyone has suggested some really great things!  Definitely epic quests are awesome because they are so useful and the Fairy enchantment enables you to go faster than normal!

One thing I wish I had done, is started learning the books in VFK right away, because there are a lot and they all take like 16-22 hours to complete.  Except gardening that only takes an hour!

For Miss Clue:

Don't exit out of Miss clue in the Middle of a conversation because the game can't save.  It auto saves when you hit the exit button but it can only save before or after the Conversation.

I'm not sure what other tips I would give because it seems you're pretty savvy when it comes to Mystery games!

I love your signature that is a terrific quote!

DazzledreamSignature
  • I'm an all MISS CLUE girl and just finished the last Miss Clue Hooray! VFK wasn't under my radar until recently, so I'm an absolute beginner.  I have a feeling VFK will be great to play while I wait for the Beta Test and the Miss clues to come!

Wonderful idea to start this thread @Daphne_Drew, all these tips are really going to help me get started.  So this is very much appreciated guys!

I'm really looking forward to the Beta test and hope I get in because from what I've seen the Miss Clue/VFK team really listen to feedback which I think is, if not the most important at least close to the top, thing you can do with a company!

Completed Games:

PIP SOHG CMD FFD TOS CDP

whee      ¸·°¨¯¨°·¸.......²
    .."I think there is far more to this Robbery than one might suppose..." -Jane Darcy `·-·`.....)¸.·°¨¯¨°·¸
    .......................................................................................¸·°¨¯¨°·.¸....².....¸.·°¨¯¨°·.,¸_¸,.·`..³..`·-·`
    ............................................................³ `·-·`......`·.,¸_¸,.·`
  • I wish I had known all the short cut phrases for items!

Here are the ones I know:
    Rides pieces "Ride Off" And "Ride On" shows the piece with a simple arrow to tell which way you're going.

Abyss room (the all black space room) "Outline on" "Outline Off"  Shows the boundaries of the room.

To launch fireworks from anywhere in the room "Firework all" and "Firework red" (or any color) <- that only sets off fireworks with that color

There are more, and I'll keep adding them. 

One more tip. Don't ever build a ride with free move

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• I've been playing VFK so long I can't remember when I didn't know everything, so I'm not sure what to post but, if you have any questions just let me know and I can help answer them!
    skylambsignature
  • Blossomflower said:

Hey @Daphne_Drew a great resource for all things VFK is FairyFanatic on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW0nXr1ZpcU1GR-5o_aKDYw

She does a lot of MissClue Walkthroughs as well as VFK Videos

A couple of her playlists you might checkout are "Virtual Family Kingdom - How To Play VFK" and "How To Craft In VFK"

Hope this helps!
    Just recently discovered FairyFanatic's videos and they are honestly some of the best things I've ever watched. Super helpful, plus her enthusiasm for the game is so contagious!!! 
    HUGE thank you to @FairyFanatic for doing something so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!