The Peculiar Children - Prologue and Chapter 1

Okay, so I'm going to try this out, and see how it goes.
Please comment below what you thought and if you have suggestions or something of the sort, I'm all ears. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROLOGUE
Nothing had changed on the island. Nothing ever really changes here. Until today, that is. I wasn't expecting a visitor to show up at the door of our children's home. And not just any visitor. Not the occasional police officer, (Don't ask.), or the same forgetful little boy who happens to stumble upon our home and become lost. No, he wasn't like any other visitor we could have had. He was like us. He was peculiar.
To be honest, when I first met him, I was kind of excited. But we soon found out he was quite the trouble-maker. And I, (I mean we), had to learn to live with him...
 HBForever's Signature
Thank you @Purrfect

Comments

• Very nice beginning and writing style @HBforever.  Good luck on your story!
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • CHAPTER 1
    "Wake up, Jean!" I heard a familiar voice say.
    I groaned. Now? I thought. "Just give me a few more...hours." I said swiping at the air like a crazy person. And before I knew it, I was on the floor. Now that woke me right up. "Hey!" I exclaimed, looking up to see who had so rudely pushed me out of bed. It was my sister, Sam.
    "Sorry," she said. "Miss Owl asked me to. Probably because I'm your sister, and you can't catch me!" She teased.
    "Are you sure about that?" I said, grinning, and getting up off of the floor and chasing her out of my room.
    "You can't catch me!" She said as she ran down the stairs and into the dining room.
    "No running down the stairs!" Miss Owl said turning to look back at Sam. She turned around then and saw me coming after Sam. "Ah, there you are Jennifer. I'd begun to think you had snuck off!"
    "No ma'am, I;m right here." I mumbled.
    "Now, you best eat your breakfast, it's getting cold." She said, gesturing to the only plate left on the table.
    "Well, I guess eggs and bacon make up for being pushed out of bed by my sister." I said, walking over to the table and starting to warm my bacon up with my hands.
    "Miss West," Miss Owl said, looking at Sam. "I thought I'd told you to simply wake your sister up, not push her out fo bed."
    "Sorry." Sam said, trying to stifle a giggle.
    "Now, Miss Jennifer," Miss Owl asked as I took a bite. "After you finish eating, would you please show Martin around the house?"
    Really? Why me? I thought. "I guess." I said.
    "Fantastic," Miss Owl said as she poured herself and me cups of tea. "If you need me, you know where to find me."
    After Miss Owl had left the room, Sam came over to me and said, "Wow, Jean, you've got one heck of a-"
    "Yeah, yeah, I know." I cut her off. "Wish me luck."
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Thank you Fowzy!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Very nice!
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • OMG @HBforever!!  I didn't know you wrote stories!! I can't wait for you to add to this YAY!!!

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!