›

Who made Jack Frost mad? Seriously (Ice Storm ahead)

"Hey Alexis, did you leave your heart outside?"

"No...." I trail, "Don't think so, why?"

"It's cold," My friend said, "Really cold. An Ice Storm is coming."

"Really? It was just sitting on my sleeve a few minutes ago.....Oh no. I gotta find it before someone steals it."

____

Hey, what's up guys. This was an actual conversation I had at lunch earlier today. So, Jack Frost is angry. Like, really freakin' mad. Tomorrow around 11:00, we are to expect wave one of the ice storm. Then Saturday, after the ice, a few inches of snow. Then, Sunday, the same thing as tomorrow. Monday, more snow and a little ice expected to freeze it over.

Good news for me, I'm going to that steep hill down the road and sliding on my stomach like I do with snow. The bad news? The elderly. There's a lot in our town (and neighborhood) so that's gonna be a danger. My neigbor's husband is already in the ICU after heart surgery. She doesn't need a broken hip. Lastly, the accidents and cable lines. The waters will freeze, the cars will crash, and the candles will burn due to no fire. My dad has to find a store with propane tanks still in stock.

I'm going to laugh if it completely passes our town like everything else does.

We have no school tomorrow or Monday because Martin Luther King, and probably not Tuesday (my prediction). Dunno. My English teacher has to head up to Chicago tomorrow though and I really feel bad for her. Everyone told her to leave today but she didn't want to leave us 8th graders to a substitute (because we're so horrible, not me of course, I'm an angel....hah).

My close friend's grandpa died yesterday...on her birthday. That's extremely unfortunate and being Ashley, she got a hold of some alcohol and got drunk so she wasn't at school due to... that. Ashely Is the opposite of any Christian. She hates Christianity but she won't stop us from being Christians or anything. She herself doesn't like it which bothers me a bit because she has this tear in her stomach causing her to slowly bleed. I don't know if or when she's going to die but they won't fix in surgery because "she can die.' So there's that.

Last Friday a friend of mine told me that she feels like she's both genders. I'm not going to get into it because I myself don't understand or have any opinions toward it. But on other news.....

My dog has this skin condition. I personally think he's diabetic (always thirtsy, hungry, and itchy, and tired) but they are thinking along the lines of psoriasis/flea allergy/ skin cancer. I don't know but he's turning 11 in may. He's a beagle-basset mix and he's still as adorable as ever (bald spots and all).

I think that's it other than I had to do the same presentation in front of class twice. The first time I completely froze and failed. It didn't help that my "best friend" was laughing at me.

Anyway, I'll see ya'll soon! Goodbye for now. 

"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• Thanks for the update froggie, I hope the weather isn't as bad as everyone expects.  Every time I meet another person these days it feels like they are more and more lost.  I don't get it, but I hope that this new year will bring everyone together and maybe give them some direction because some things people say really creep me out!

Do you really think that the girl needs the operations and they won't get it for her?

Good luck!
    DazzledreamSignature
  • @dazzlerdream it isn't that bad right now, just sleet off and on. I don't know when the wind will pick up or if it even will
  • woot for snow days!!! thanks for the update @frogiepower!!
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture
  • Whoa it sounds cold there!  It only snowed a few times here, and it's not too bad.  I hope you're keeping warm!

Ask before taking.
  • The same thing is happening for me as well. They cancelled school today, after an expected ice storm. It's supposed to be raining freezing rain. Just checked, it is raining freezing rain. Its supposed to rain like this until Tuesday. It's supposed to get worse as time goes on. Hope no one gets hurt near you. 

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • It's been snowing and then freezing off and on here! too cold for me. :P

Stay warm! :)
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • @SportyChic yeah, same here. It's not as bad as expected. The worst is going to be here later (and it's Friday the 13th, I don't think it's a coincidence)
  • Le froid est pour moi le prix de la liberté.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • OMG Froggie!  You're still posting!  I'm so happy!  How is the weather now?

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!