Mermaid Costume!

Last month, I sent my mermaid costume drawings that i drew to @VFK_Mintie in a private message on here. She replied saying she loved my artwork and that it was a good idea. Well, they obviously were not released for Halloween but am still hoping they get released. Perhaps next summer.. we will see. Anyway, I wanted to share them with all the VFK players now and would love feedback! I designed them so they could be a costume we wear outside of Merfolk Age and around the kingdom. Let me know if you like the concept! The first drawing below is with color and the second is a picture before I added color. :)

vfk mermaid costume (colored 1)
vfk mermaid costume (no coloring)
Mermaid Costume
  1. Do you like the idea of a mermaid costume?
    1. YES! I adore this idea! VFK please make this!
      72.22%
    2. Yes, I like it but don't LOVE it.
      11.11%
    3. Nah, Not really my thing.
      16.67%

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

Comments

• Wow!  I love your artwork!  You should totally post more of it!
    tacocatdrawing
  • @rain_shadow

Thank you! I am so glad you like it! Be sure to do the poll about it. I just added it to the thread. -hugs-

waterfallglow signature

my signature was drawn by waterfallglow (me)! I did this completely myself using Paint program. :) ^_^

• WOOT I voted YES!  Great costume idea I hope they make it! :D
  • I love it water!  Maybe they didn't make it at Halloween since they can make it anytime since it isn't something like Frankenstein or a zombie which you can only do on Halloween!

I love it you have my vote!
    ~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~
  • @NeonHearts

Maybe, that is a possibilty. I also sent the idea in a little late so they probably had other costume ideas already in the works.

waterfallglow signature

• @MiniLuna

Thank you! I really hope they make it too! :)

waterfallglow signature

• I really like your signature, did you draw it with a tablet?
  • edited November 2016
    Very pretty @waterfallglow what might be awesome is releasing it as part of a collection when they release another crystal mermaids book!
    skylambsignature
  • @MiniLuna

Thank you, I drew on my laptop in Paint Program.

waterfallglow signature

• @SkyLamb,

Yes, that is a possibility. Thank you for the feedback! I guess we will have to wait and see. :)

waterfallglow signature

• waterfallglow said:

@MiniLuna

Thank you, I drew on my laptop in Paint Program.

Oh so you used like the little square mouse area to draw it?
  • Well it's really cute I hope they make it!  :-bd
    skylambsignature
  • @MiniLuna

Well, I used different tools in the program and don't remember which tools. I zoomed in and out with the magnifying glass to do the detail work though. I remember that much. I also used copy and paste with the floating flowers. I flipped them horizontally and vertically and moved them around. So basically they all just the same flower in different positions. For the boarder I used that same concept. I did a few dots then copy and pasted them next to each other. It's much quicker that way.

waterfallglow signature

• I love that costume! It would be cool if we got it someday! I also hope for costumes that mermaids can wear and maybe with that we can have mermaids be able to change their hair like fairies can. :)
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • This makes me think that VFK should release a Marie Antoinette costume (mainly hair for we already have a good outfit for it)
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • oh wow!
    I've also wanted mermaid costumes for our regular characters. I really love the design you came up with! The net skirt thing (sorry, i'm not sure what you'd call it xD ) is cute and the starfish hair piece is adorable! :) 
    art gallery 2
    "All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
    "YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
    "Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage

• edited November 2016
    @Awesome_Piper thank you! I am so glad you like it! Also, what i have been calling it is a fish net belt and i chose a starfish cause they are one of my favorite sea creatures.

waterfallglow signature

• edited November 2016
    Lovely @waterfallglow do you have any other designs you've made?
    DazzledreamSignature
  • Awesome drawings! I hope VFK uses them. :D
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • @SaharaHollyglow well since they did not make it for Halloween (sent the idea in too late) i am still holding out for a possible release of it next summer? idk we will see.

waterfallglow signature

• this is really cool!! i hope they make it!!

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • Lol this is such a great costume.  I'd love to see it made. :D

Ask before taking.
  • Thanks @Trinityy and @showjumpingbird :) I really hope they make it too!

waterfallglow signature