Art Raffle + More

So on my discussion "Slight Update" I attached a poll of what everyone wanted me to post next. The winner was....... A THREE WAY TIE! I was surprised! Honestly, I thought a lot of my posts were boring! xD So in this post there will be all three things! Get ready! This post should be packed with art!! :D

First up we have my random sketches! These are just sketches I have in my notebook that I think would be the most interesting for you guys! I haven't been sketching as much lately since homework and art I want to sell so I tried to get as many pieces as I could! I hope there's enough! Enjoy! <3

The first thing I will post is part 1 of a colored drawing I'm working on to sell! This is a villain named Cobra from Fairy Tail! (I either draw Fairy Tail or my own characters because I have an array of books that I can use as reference pictures and it really inspires me <3)
image2 (8)
(Wow! That turned out bigger than expected! Oops! xD)

Next we have part 2! His snake companion Cubellios!
image3 (6)
(Aww that one's blurry! I'm sorry! This drawing is still in progress, I can't find the right colors for Cobra! D: Hopefully I can find them soon!)

And now we have a sketch of a Villain (Yes of course, also from Fairy Tail. There's so many characters and not enough time to draw them all!) 
image4 (4)
(He's so difficult to draw, the pattern on his face messes me up so bad!)

And finally a drawing I did digitally! It was a request from someone but I thought it would be a nice change from all my Fairy Tail art! This one is of my character Jesu and their's Lily! (Jesu in the blue jacket, Lily with the flower in her hair)
Jesu&Lily

I hope everyone enjoyed the sketches and such! Onto the next subject, Taco's Tutorials!

Today in Taco's Tutorials, I'm going to try to teach you how to draw an anime face! (I did female, you can try a male they just can have a different chin style, comment bellow if you want me to do a male face! :o) Here goes!

image1 (15)

Step 1: Start with a circle! (Keep it a medium-large size when beginning that way you can fit all the facial features in! I did small for the tutorial!)

Step 2: Add a rounded line going down the middle of the circle like so: | This will be to help distance the eyes. Also add one toward the bottom of the circle that goes like this: -- As it will be where you put the eyes.

Step 3: At this point you'll want to decide  how big of a chin you want. You should bring a curved line from the bottom of the circle down the side of the face you want to show the jaw line making it curve in toward the Vertical line. (The line on the right of my line) Along with adding one that comes down with less of a slope. (The line on the right side) making the base of the face.

Step 4: In this you'll want to erase the bottom of the circle that is inside the facial structure while adding a nose a little bit under the eye line, and add eyes and a mouth. This is where you have the most freedom, deciding what style eyes, eyebrows, mouth, and nose you would like to use for your character.

Step 5: This is the final step, you want to erase the guidelines (Eye distancing line and eye line itself) and add the hair. You also have a lot of freedom deciding a hairstyle for your character. I will try to do a tutorial on hair soon! 

And there you have it! Your very own anime face! I hope this tutorial was helpful! I'm not the best at explaining still... But I am working on it! I'd love to see everyone's drawings when their done! (If you'd like to share them that is! Don't be afraid though, I don't bite! :D xD)

Lastly we have the art raffle! In my art raffles you comment bellow a character, logo, or object you'd like me to draw! I pull out a winner(s) and then draw what you chose! This time I'll let you decide if you want a sketch or colored drawing! Though a colored drawing would take a bit longer to be done! If you could also add a reference picture that would be wonderful! The deadline will be 7:00 pm Pacific Time on 8/28/16! For all who enter I wish you good luck!

I hope you all enjoyed! And to everyone who read all the way through, thank you so much! I really appreciate it! <3 I had so much fun putting this together and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

-Taco
Just an artist who loves anime and video games!
76722c13-5af4-4bd2-a517-f4051b16cbca-tumblr_p5c4cir7241sejmmmo7_540

Comments

• Woohoo!! This is so awesome!! Here is my attempt for the tutorial! IMG_20160826_125543
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• Somehow mine doesn't turn out as nice as tacos O_o
    --

• Edit: Decided to enter with a different picture entry! It's posted below
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • edited August 2016
    Oh here is my entry for the raffle.  I would like this to be a sketch!

It's a tiger!
    tiger-165189_960_720
    --

• WoooooWWWW Amazing art Taco!!!  So cool!  I'll do the tutorial as soon as I can!!  Also here is my raffle entry:

Sleeping-Beauty-disney-princess-203546_794_615
    ~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~
  • @iStella That looks amazing! You did so well! :D Oooooh, a tiger! :o That would be fun to sketch!

@Super_Princess_Rosalina >:D Shall I make it shiny? xD The picture is fine in size! I can see the details better with that reference! 

@NeonHearts Aww, Thank you! Oh! Sleeping beauty! I've never seen the movie but I've always wanted to draw her! :o
  • Here is my entry for art raffle!  I am in love with Young Justice atm and I really want their team picture! Here it is :

The_Team_2010_lineup

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • edited August 2016
    Oh my taco!! you're such a good artist!  I think you get better each time I see your new work!!  

Here is my entry for the raffle! hehe it's a logo, I thought it would be fun to submit one since you mentioned logos in your post!

Sprite2
    skylambsignature
  • P.S sketch would be just fine, what you want for it, if it gets chosen!
    skylambsignature
  • Imkcwitf
    I would like to enter this in the raffle!
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • @TacoCat :O It would be awesome as a shiny! I wish I could get a shiny Froslass in my Pokemon game but -cough cough- Snowrunt.. -cough-
    -Rosalina ♥
  • @SportyChic Thats a cool picture! :o That gives me an idea for some fairy tail art. Except that would take so long omg. xD

@SkyLamb SPRITE <3 I DRINK THAT PRACTICALLY EVERYDAY! It's my favorite soda right now :'D All these entries are so cool :o

@HBforever Ooo! That would be good practice of anatomy and such! Cool pic!

Super_Princess_Rosalina Ahaha yes xD I'll have to look up it's shiny colors! Evil Snowrunt. :u
  • edited August 2016
    I'm hoping I can print the horse out this sunday and color it!! wish me luck!

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• I've been thinking and could I possibly change my entry? If not I'll keep the entry I got!
    -Rosalina ♥
  • @Super_Princess_Rosalina You can change it if you want :o
  • @TacoCat

Okay! I have 2 other choices to decide on I can't decide ahh
    -Rosalina ♥
  • It seems like I have to re enter to change my entry cause when I tried to edit it won't let me add a picture! I hope I'm not going to change my mind again! In honour of my shiny Mewtwo in my Pokemon game I decided to enter the raffle with it! Here is a picture! Best picture I can find:

Good luck everyone!
    -Rosalina ♥
  • Mind if I join in the raffle with an original character? :3c
    I can give you full reference of her if you'd need it but here's a sort of sketch I did quick becausesaidreferenceisooold-

Sketch
    SDS
  • @EmeraldStone Ahh she's so cool! That reference should be fine! :o
  • TAco when does the raffle end?
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • @HBforever 7pm tomorrow! (pacific time)
  • Also if I win, I would not care how mine is done, sketch or colored. Your choice.
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • OKAY PERFECT! Also, TAco, are you actually going to get on VFK?
     HBForever's Signature
    Thank you @Purrfect
  • Thank you ! And alrighty~!
    SDS
  • Here's my entry! :D
    fancy treble clef
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • edited August 2016
    Don't ask me where I got this I have no idea lol, but I loved the way the hat looks on the mannequin!  

This is my entry!

14-2

Oh and anything is fine!  sketch, color, digital, etc!
    ColourzRNice2
  • REMINDER: You have till 7pm pacific time to enter, so if you haven't, theirs still time! There's about 4 hours left! Can't wait to see who wins!

-Taco
  • I'm about to choose the winners! (thanks to @SaharaHollyglow because I completely forgot! <3) I'll post them soon!
  • LOL
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • Oh my goodness I completely missed these drawings you posted, they're fabulous!  I especially love the one of Cobra!
    Why waste time trying to fix things that are broken when we need to spend more time fixing things that aren't broken.