Computer Problems (Anybody know computers...?)

SO the passed few months my computer kept saying there was a problem with the hard disk/ hard drive. My dad said ignore it cause his did that too. Well today I got a warning from the computer itself telling me it's STRONGELY recommended to back up the computer o prevent data loss. The instructions said this:

Instructions For Fixing Hard Disk Errors:

We strongly recommend that you backup your computer to avoid potential data loss.
After you have backed up your computer, you should contact your computer manufacturer or 
other hardware technical support to determine if the disk with errors needs to be repaired or replaced.

We recommend that you store these printed instructions together with the media used to back up your data 
(for example, the CDs or USB flash drive used to store your backup), so that everything you need to fix your 
computer is in one place. The following information is provided to help the hardware technical support person
 diagnose the hard disk with] errors

So...what do i do? After I back it up do I take it to a computer place or just call them? I need help cause my lap top is my baby.
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• I've had my computer do that before!  DEFINITELY BACK UP YOUR DATA!!  and call or bring it over either one.  But don't lose all your work!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• edited August 2016
    @iStella wait...how do you do that?
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"
  • Whever I get a problem, I bring it to my local Computer fixer, he charges depeding how big the problem.

MISSCLUESIGN.#4