Web The Rescued Gecko!

edited July 2016 in General
Here is Web before I cleaned up his tank, got rid of the horrid sand and gave him lots of hides and got some heat going for his belly. He's already doing better on day two.
13537811_989408647840723_1017118234009089704_n
13606952_989524504495804_2147245026163483242_n
13646706_989564021158519_601558614_o
13621436_989563984491856_18660758_o

Comments

• Wow that's awesome, he looks really happy now!  How did you get him?!

Ask before taking.
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks! Once he calms down a bit I'm sure he'll be super happy. I found him online and drove five and a half hours in order to pick him up and bring him home. :D
  • Wow I've never seen a real gecko before!! thanks @AquaBlueishTime!  I love the box you have in there now!
    skylambsignature
  • Of course! This one is a Leopard Gecko. Thanks! The white one? I made it myself. :D
  • Aww he does look much happier now!  You can tell by the way his face looks!  Totally epic job @AquaBlueishTime.  wow that that's a pretty good drive, did you particularly want a leopard gecko?

Agredd on the box!  my art never comes out that good lol!

--
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• edited July 2016
    Wow I haven't seen a leopard gecko or otherwise! (I don't count Geico lol) Do geckos eat crickets like lizards?  and if they do how often do you have to go to the store and get more?
    skylambsignature
  • way coool!!! will he let you hold him? or is that bad for them?
    tacocatPandaPicturepandahood
  • iStella said:

Aww he does look much happier now!  You can tell by the way his face looks!  Totally epic job @AquaBlueishTime.  wow that that's a pretty good drive, did you particularly want a leopard gecko?

Agredd on the box!  my art never comes out that good lol!

Thanks! I actually have three other leopard geckos as well, I got one for my birthday six years ago and I've just fallen in love with them.

Aww thanks!
    SkyLamb said:

Do geckos eat crickets like lizards?  and if they do how often do you have to go to the store and get more?

Yep! Some people feed mostly crickets but I personally prefer dubia roaches but they can eat a couple different kinds of bugs. I order my roaches so they come to me, I also breed the adults and raise the babies for food. I usually have to order 400 every other month to feed three, it might be more frequent with four geckos though.
    Unfortunately the cricket in the pictures is way too big for Web, their food isn't suppose to be any longer than the width between their eyes.
  • echo_panda said:

way coool!!! will he let you hold him? or is that bad for them?

This one is still very stressed from the change in environment and lack of handling at a young age. My original three all tolerate handling differently, Devyn doesn't mind, Cali is blind so she gets nervous, and Vian is rather shy. So I tend to hold Devyn the most and for now I will just leave Web be as much as possible until he's more comfortable in his surroundings.
  • @AquaBlueishTime that is soo neat!!  400 is a lot! It's good to try and breed them it saves on cost!   How many do they eat in a day? and do the geckos have to be kept separate, because they fight or anything?  

Sorry, do you mind a lot of questions!? :)
    skylambsignature
  • edited July 2016
    SkyLamb said:

@AquaBlueishTime that is soo neat!!  400 is a lot! It's good to try and breed them it saves on cost!   How many do they eat in a day? and do the geckos have to be kept separate, because they fight or anything?  

Sorry, do you mind a lot of questions!? :)
    It depends on the gecko and their age, Cali doesn't eat right now
    because it's breeding season and the females tend not to eat around this
    time, Vian eats a couple every other night, and Devyn eats about ten
    every other night (he's a pig). I don't know about Web yet because I'm
    letting his system get clear of sand and undigested crickets before
    feeding him.

It's not recommended to house them together because
    while they usually seem to get along, they tend to boss each other
    around and fight over food and it can get very ugly very fast. So it's
    best to keep them separate.

That's alright! I love educating about my geckos, I could talk about them all day. :D
  • edited July 2016
    I just learned a ton about geckos in 10 minutes! wicked..... >:D  Thanks for all the info @AquaBlueishTime you're really knowledgeable about these critters! (just saying :) )
    tacocatPandaPicturepandahood
  • Thanks @AquaBlueishTime that sounds like an awesome birthday gift! :Do do they live a long time?
    --

• The before and after pictures are so great!! I really appreciate you sharing your geckos @AquaBlueishTime Thanks you!  :-bd :-bd
    ColourzRNice2
  • That's awesome!
    Good luck with Web! :)
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • echo_panda said:

I just learned a ton about geckos in 10 minutes! wicked..... >:D  Thanks for all the info @AquaBlueishTime you're really knowledgeable about these critters! (just saying :) )

Haha yay! I like to know everything I can about all of my animals to make sure they get the best care possible.
    iStella said:

Thanks @AquaBlueishTime that sounds like an awesome birthday gift! :Do do they live a long time?

It was! I believe they usually live to be around twenty or so.
  • ColourzRnice said:

The before and after pictures are so great!! I really appreciate you sharing your geckos @AquaBlueishTime Thanks you!  :-bd :-bd

Thanks! No problem!
    SaharaHollyglow said:

That's awesome!
    Good luck with Web! :)

Thank you!
  • I once got a turtle for my birthday thanks for that @echo_panda

Glad to see he is doing better AquaBlueishTime!
    Cool just got cooler!
  • Here are some pictures of my other three geckos.
    Vian:
    13524562_983902158391372_8382929199578112007_n
    Cali (yes her eyes are abnormally small, it's a genetic defect and she is about 98% blind, she can see some shadows)

IMG_2029
    Devyn, his face after I just laughed at him when a bug got stuck to his chin. xD He was mad.

13467628_977786685669586_1295397021_o
  • Wow it's amazing that you know so much about them!  Where do you keep the bugs between feeding?!  And GREAT pictures of all the others, they look so happy!  :D

Ask before taking.
  • ROFL oh that last picture is priceless! you can't get those everyday!  it's so cute that cali is pink, poor thing, does she mind not seeing well very much?
    --

• woo hoo more pictures! I like vian the most! he looks like an alligator in that picture!
    Cool just got cooler!
  • wow that are all so different!  from their markings to the look of their eyes!  it looks like Devyn has a big personality! Thank you for sharing and telling me so many things!
    skylambsignature
  • EEEEKKK Gecko pictures!! I gotta get my sister!! BRB

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• @AquaBlueishTime OMG!! Web is Adorable!!!! Devyn look so funny in that photo!  lol

╰︶﹉⋛⋋⊱⋋๑DREAM๑⋌⊰⋌⋚﹉︶╯

byJessiforVintage
  • Trinityy said:

Wow it's amazing that you know so much about them!  Where do you keep the bugs between feeding?!  And GREAT pictures of all the others, they look so happy!  :D

I keep my bugs in three separate Rubbermaid tubs. The adults in one, juveniles in another, and the newborns in a third. Thanks!
    iStella said:

ROFL oh that last picture is priceless! you can't get those everyday!  it's so cute that cali is pink, poor thing, does she mind not seeing well very much?

Everything Devyn does is hilarious, he's a hoot. She doesn't seem to mind, I mean she's been blind from birth/hatching so she doesn't know anything different. She just doesn't like when I rearrange her tank, she gets nervous and confused because she doesn't know where anything is.
    beagIe said:

woo hoo more pictures! I like vian the most! he looks like an alligator in that picture!

He's my first and biggest gecko. He's a gentle giant. :D

• goldenpuppy said:

EEEEKKK Gecko pictures!! I gotta get my sister!! BRB

Yes!!!
    VFK_Vintage said:

@AquaBlueishTime OMG!! Web is Adorable!!!! Devyn look so funny in that photo!  lol

Hehe Devyn looks funny all the time. xD He's so strange.
    SkyLamb said:

wow that are all so different!  from their markings to the look of their eyes!  it looks like Devyn has a big personality! Thank you for sharing and telling me so many things!

Leos come in a ton of different patters, called morphs. I don't exactly know what kind mine are because they're pet store geckos and I don't know their genetics. All I know is that Devyn is albino and the others are not. xD
    Devyn is amazing, he's my court jester/village idiot. Never a dull moment with him around.
    DevynClose
  • I have so many gecko pictures. xD
    12439376_940489102732678_3038350962921899421_n
    12941052_933739010074354_885424000_o
    13119941_951835591598029_305902261851242600_o

For those of you who don't like bugs, I'm going to put this as a spoiler. Click it at your own risk, this is an adult dubia roach.
    Spoiler:

12517158_929317743849814_865855377_o

• OMG I love all these pictures!! :D
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • YAY more pictures!

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!