Journal #14 Ruined plans and Uptight Relatives.

All of my fourth of july plans are officially ruined. I hate this rain. I

It's been raining for the past two days and unlike everyone else, my parents wouldn't take us to the carnival in the rain. I mean they still lit off the fireworks but my mom claimed it was "too cold". So there goes my plan, wonderful.   
   However though, we did go to the movie store and rent some movies so that's good I guess. We also hae pretzel bread we're going to bake in the oven and serve it with some cheese so I guess that's alright.

Last night S and I (S is my brother if you don't remember) went outside to play basketball in the middle of the night. He kept talking loudly and I had to keep telling him to shut up before he woke up the whole neighborhood. Well during the game a black cat ran out in front of him and he convinced himself that he was going to have bad luck now that the cat ran in front of him. Since he did that, his brain literally thought that and he made no more baskets until I convinced him otherwise. 

Now, on to the other thing. Uptight relatives, such a nice thing to have. So I thought things were okay until a few days ago. My dad had to go to the city for a doctors appointment and it happens to be near where a certain woman lives, now my mom wasn't worried about this but I was, of course I kept it a secret. That's not the point. He was supposed to go to a bar with "friends" and stay the night with them, however he got sick, thankfully. I had a feeling that he wasn't going out with "friends" but I'm just his kid and can't do anything about anything he does.
       The next day, he was feeling better and we went to Walmart. It was one of those days where all they do is argue. They were arguing over butter for Pete's sake! My mom was all like "You have to get light butter. It's better for you." and my dad was like "No. Light butter is disgusting, who cares if it's healthy." And me being the brave person I am, said this "It's just butter! Stop arguing!" And I got yelled at. "It's not just butter!" she yelled.  I'm honestly surprised nobody was looking at us because in our town, people are pretty nosey. 
      The whole family's been uptight while I'm being put in the middle, or so it feels like. Also while my dad was gone, the rest of us got into a HUGE fight over something stupid. I just stayed in my room with my dog, she hates yelling as much as I do, and played music while they were screaming.It's been quiet since my oldest brother, A, is out on a camping trip and my dad is sick again. 
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• aww im sorry your parents were arguing again, sometimes that can be really hard to take. :(
    and i know what you mean about the rain, it always seems to happen on the fourth of july! its ridiculous! but it sounds like you've got a good solution for it, and the cheese pretzel bread sounds heavenly!
    i hope you have a fun fourth of july!! :)

• @Doodlepufflove Happy Fourth!
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"
  • Aww I'm sorry frogie, I know how much you can be disappointed when something you really look forward gets canceled!
    skylambsignature