Journal #5 It's been a while

edited June 2016 in General
It's been a long time since I journaled and I decided something. I'm going to learn the ukulele. Now there's plenty of lessons online but I have a problem. I'm confused by these

james-laid-ukulele-chords

Like, is this the body? The neck? I'm so confused. Does anybody know how to play a uke?  If you do, do you think you can like, explain this to me? 
"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• oh wow!! I've always wanted to know how to play the ukulele!! do you actually have a ukulele in real life?! that's so cool!!
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture
  • thats really neat that you'll be learning how to play the ukulele! :)
    i don't know how to play the ukulele myself, but here are some pictures i found that show you whats what!

Parts_Uku_1
    Ukulele_diagram

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • edited June 2016
    WOOT!!!  Good luck learning the ukulele, @frogiepower!  Thanks for keeping us updated, I was wondering how you were doing! -hugs!-

Mars :)
    I am a total mystery girl!
    Never without my magnifying glass <3
    MarzipanFromBluewiz3
    Thanks to @bluewiz for this amazing Secret Santa Christmas present!!
  • @showjumpingbird   Thanks. The charts are what confuse me though

@yellowsummerdaisy Yes. I do have a ukulele. It's saprano. 
  • @Marzipan No problem! I decided to learn the Uke before learning a Guitar. 
  • hmm... maybe you could try looking at some videos for starters!
    here's one i found that has a lot of views and talks about beginner pointers :)

alanrickman

I WOULD THINK OF YOU COLONEL BRANDON!!!!
    oh his hair... if I could only touch his hair
    Alan Rickman - 1946 - 2016  :(
  • I agree with @Marzipan!  I love reading your journal entries @frogiepower keep it up!!!  GL GL GL with your ukulele learning!  :D
  • @showjumpingbird       Thanks!
    @SparkleDream Thanks! Maybe when I learn I'll post a video of me playing it (Just my hands, not my face obviously) throuhg a youtube link
  • that's so cool Frogie! :)   Not sure if you still needed help but here's some stuff just in case:

I took guitar lessons for a while and the chord charts are similar. What the picture is showing you is where to put you fingers on the fingerboard. 

Now, finger 1 will be your index finger, finger 2 is your middle finger, finger 3 is your ring finger, and finger 4 is your pinkie finger.

I'm assuming the strings going from left to right are G, C, E, A. 

Now every vertical line represents a string and every horizontal line represents a fret.

So it looks like to play a C chord, you would place finger 3 on the A string on the third fret and strum all the strings.

For the F chord, place finger 1 on the E string on fret 1 and finger 2 on the G string on fret 2 and strum all the strings.

and for the G chord, place finger 1 on the C string on fret 2, finger 2 on the A string on fret 2 and finger 3 on the E string on fret 3 and strum all the strings 
    art gallery 2
    "All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
    "YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
    "Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage

• @Awesome_Piper Oh! That makes sense! Thank you! 
  • @frogiepower you're welcome! :)
    art gallery 2
    "All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
    "YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
    "Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage