Realization

So just a few moments ago I realized something. Sometimes, the nicest, happiest, chattiest people aren't what they turn out to be. Especially on the internet. I mean you can't feel emotion through texts (unless you're writing a story or something) and when people speak, like in a chat room, they seem content, happy, and not bothered at all. But behind the screen the person is struggling and they're barely hanging on to reality. I mean I may act like my life is the crappiest, but it's not. I realized I have a lot more that others do and I shouldn't really be complaining. 
    There are kids who are bullied, abused, are poor, or just have terrible living conditions and I'm fine. I have everything I need, food, clothes, and a house. I even own things I don't need, like a laptop, Hollister clothing, Nike clothing, name brand expensive stuff and a family. I mean we might be dysfunctional but I have one and some people don't. Others have people that are close to them that are dying, neglecting them, or are just being cruel. I realized that I act like everything's about me when it's not. It never will be because I know I have more than what I need. The only thing wrong with me is my health and that isn't even a big deal because I haven't been diagnosed. Other kids' health are worse than mine. Some have cancer, some have Cerebal Palsy, some have neurological disorders, and others are already dying. 
     But I also realized this world is a screwed up place. Not everybody has freedom like America does and honestly, I think America is losing some of that freedom. I mean we have bigger issues to worry about like being killed for our religion. We have Isis to worry about, everyone does. Some countries even have to worry about refugees, homeless people, and people that don't have what they need. I mean if I could help I would but I'm just a kid, well a teen, but still. I can't do much except pray and I haven't really been good at that either. 
        I just feel like I'm being self-centered and not caring about anything else except me and I don't know how I can fix that. Anyway, see you guys soon.

"I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"

Comments

• I know that even if everything is wonderful in your life, when people fight who you care about it can make things so miserable!  I don't know why but you also feel hurt when they fight.
     When you feel hurt because of your family there isn't anyone else to turn to except yourself, like you said, being through the internet is not the same as in person so you can only be there for yourself really, when your family is making you sad. 

I think you're doing a really great job in your life, I know there is a lot of things to deal with and having perspective makes it even easier!  The best way to make the world better is to be there for you family!  If everyone did that the world would truly be wonderful!!

good luck with everything @frogiepower and we all love you!!
    skylambsignature
  • Beautiful and very meaningful post @frogiepower! Yes, sadly there are some people out there going through some hard troubles. :/ But with lots of hope and prayers, then hopefully things will improve for them. :) God bless them. By the way, love your new signature!

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• I agree!  Happiness starts at home!  become happy and that will help the world be happier!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• You've never been self centered @frogiepower things can get hard even if they don't look like it!! You are so wonderful!  this just shows how thoughtful you are!!
    ~~~~~~~neonheartssignature02~~ ~~~~~
  • "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"
  • I don't think your selfish, you seem incredibly thoughtful and strong willed.  When things go wrong what can you do except try and deal with them in any way you can?
    tacocatPandaPicturepandahood
  • thank you @echo_panda
    "I'm not great with advice, may I offer a sarcastic comment instead?"