VFK Bullying Petition

edited January 2016 in General

One of my friends, @Renesmee, is being terribly bullied on VFK. It's been going on for quite some time now, and it HAS to stop. The worst part is that I only see a few people stand up for her. (Bystanders, stand up for this poor girl! You would want the same if you were in this situation.) She is being accused for being a scammer, which is not true. She is not the kind of person to scam people. These bullies are making Renesmee feel terrible, and it is a sad sight to see. Bullying is one of the worst things that someone has to go through. (Don't even think about posting something like "It's just virtual". For crying out loud, this is cyberbullying. And people have feelings that can be hurt, whether they're on a computer or not.)

To the bullies (if they're reading this): How would you like to be Renesmee in this situation? How would you like to be attacked in almost every Trade Room, or any room, you go into? How would you like to be lied about constantly? How would you  like to be teased? How would you like to SUFFER the struggles of being bullied? Put yourself in Renesmee's shoes and think... "Would I like to be treated this way?" What you're doing is evil and these actions are disgusting. Stop it before it's too late to change your behavior.

To the bystanders: Don't be afraid to stand up for what's right. There's strength in numbers. It will help if you defend the bullied against the bullies. You MIGHT get yourself involved in the argument, but it's worth it. (Keyword: MIGHT.)

Please help stop this sick, cruel bullying. Stop bullying in VFK. (NOTE: This petition is not only for Renesmee's situation, it goes to everyone who is bullied here on VFK.)

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

Comments

• PinkyB said:

(Don't even think about posting something like "It's just virtual". For crying out loud, this is cyberbullying. And people have feelings that can be hurt, rather they're on a computer or not.)

Thank you for stating this, Pinky. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people say something offensive and then turn right around and say "it's just a game." 
  • I agree with all of this. Bullying and cyberbully needs to stop. I really don't go into trade rooms anymore cause I hear drama happens every time there now I only go when I really need to trade. I've actually been bullied on VFK a few times too. Like once I was in a trade room and people kept saying I was complaining and it got to a point where EVERYONE in the room reported me and NOBODY was defending me. Nobody got banned but it was still awful. And when I went into a trade room the next time somebody from last time was there and these guys were being rude and then that person said ''Report Rose for ruining the peace in this room!'' and like every time I went to a trade room I would be told I was complaining they would try to get me booted and I would get reported. That's why I stopped going in trade rooms. I was even almost kicked out of a Who Wore It Best too. Also once a bit after my Betta Fished died(In real) I told someone that it wasn't feeling well and when I went to the VFK closing party and when I came back he was gone(That actually happened) they were saying ''LOL'' and tought it was funny. Like OMG it wasn't even funny I was crying for DAYS over it. One time I was in Castle Gate for angora and this guy was being rude and I had someone defending me since I lost my fish I had for 2 years. I hate bullying. I wish there was a way to stop it though :(
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • @LilacsDaisies Yeah, it's really frustrating. :/ They need to understand that it doesn't matter if it's virtual or not; people never have a right to say awful things.

@Super_Princess_Rosalina So sorry that you had to deal with that. :( I almost gave up on Trade Rooms too because of everything that went on. It wasn't only drama, but things against the rules too. Such as selling VFK items for real money and other things against VFK. I too wish there was a quick way to end bullying, but I hope that this discussion will make a change for VFK bullying.

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

•   I think this is a neat idea, Renesmee is one of my closest friends on here and you cant believe what they're saying!  I agree that this needs to stop once and for all! :-t

MISSCLUESIGN.#4
  • im sorry to all who is being bullied, its not right. even though im a trader i dont bully people its messed up and really cruel. cyber bullying can push people to the edge and i dont want to see that to innocent people on the game. i agree it needs to stop, but also to the ones being bullied, its best to ignore. i know its hard, but dont take things to heart, they just want a "good laugh" even though its really not all that funny.. its just immature people picking on others cause they have nothing else to do but go on a virtual game to hurt other peoples feelings lol like okay.. they should get a real life and focus on getting an education instead of bullying people online. a lot of us old traders came back, most of us are mature and some arent, so its best to ignore.. you would think after years people would mature but i guess not
    twd
    hey, walker bait.
  • I agree! I've seen it happen to a lot of people on here...I ignore it if someone tries to bully me. I understand it's hard for some to just let it go. I hope we can stop the bullying that happens on here. VFK is to fun to let them chase you off!
    I joined VFK on September 22nd 2013 <3 
    400700_113340368867716_949336079_n
  • Thanks for commenting everyone, glad to see that other people support this idea and agree that it has to stop...

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• Commenting to bring post higher. Really want a lot of people to see this.

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• -Posts to bring higher-

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• Just so everyone knows - Renesmee is scheduled to be ( assuming we can get interview filmed on time ) on this week's VFK TODAY to give her side of the story! Make sure to tune in! :)
  • UPDATE: Re says she might quit VFK because of drama.

Like @enchanted_star has stated, "bullying can push people to the edge." That's so true. So many people have wanted to quit VFK because of bullying. It's so sad. Not only are VFK bullies hurting people, but they're also hurting VFK. What do you think happens to a virtual world when several or more people start to quit?  Yeah, exactly. (To the bullies: If you want to continue playing VFK, then cut this nonsense out. Stop it right now.)

In fact, I'm gonna bring up the rules. It strictly says that no bullying or harassment would be allowed. Yet I see tons of people who act terribly towards others without even getting a warning. This is one of the reasons why some people say that reporting the player won't help with bullying. VFK needs to make sure that all of their rules are being followed. Now, I'm not saying that they are bad moderators, but I've never seen a bully get banned or say that they got a warning. Not even a staff boot. If we want VFK bullying to end, VFK must protect the bullied more and show bullies that the behavior that they're showing will not be tolerated.  (NOTE: Bullies could be banned, I could just not know it, But from what I've seen from experience (seeing bullying, my friends telling me about bullying) the bullies are never tackled by Staff. So this MAY not apply to all bullies on VFK.)

Bullying is sick. It's so twisted. I have no idea why people would want to hurt other people... There's no right in it at all. 100% wrong.

One more thing... (Back to Renesmee's situation) Even if Re was a scammer in the past, does that give people a right to constantly bug her about it? No, that's just mean. If you got into a fight with someone in the past, does that mean you have a grudge against them and to not treat them nicely? No, that would be terrible. I've gotten into arguments with people before, but I know that I have to let it go. Now, if someone is constantly being rude to you, that's a different story, but still doesn't mean that you should treat them mean.

Please like or reply to this comment if you agree. 

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• I hear ya on this issue!! I refuse to leave my lock room due to this issue. It does anger me to see the continuous abuse done by others. Some don't understand that behind that computer is a living human being, a person with feeling. Reality is, they probably don't care cause they can hide behind that computer and laugh about their evil deeds.

It is getting harder to feel comfortable in game. With me, TRUST went out the window. I trust no one!!!! And I mean NO ONE!!! It takes one person to spread rumors or in other words LIES! and ruin the enjoyment you once had. But I will continue to walk with my head high knowing what is the truth and what is a lie.

Just to clarify one thing, I DO NOT have tons of clones up during a host hunt. But yet someone, not revealing who, has continuously told others that certain clones are mine.  Yet this person will have at least 12-15 clones up during host hunt. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

On that note, Peace Out!!!

vfkbanner1
  • @iamabigdisfan Thanks for commenting and for sharing your story. Bullying can get really intense on VFK, to the point where some people just can't take it anymore. Such a disease.

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• edited January 2016
    PinkyB said:This is one of the reasons why some people say that reporting the player won't help with bullying. VFK needs to make sure that all of their rules are being followed. Now, I'm not saying that they are bad moderators, but I've never seen a bully get banned or say that they got a warning. Not even a staff boot. If we want VFK bullying to end, VFK must protect the bullied more and show bullies that the behavior that they're showing will not be tolerated.  (NOTE: Bullies could be banned, I could just not know it, But from what I've seen from experience (seeing bullying, my friends telling me about bullying) the bullies are never tackled by Staff. So this MAY not apply to all bullies on VFK.)

[EDIT: idk why it doesn't show the quote like it usually does]

This is a good point you make, but we have to remember that reporting another player does not mean staff will ban them. We are encouraged to use the report button if another player is rebelling, but sometimes it takes them(staff) a little while to determine the problem. No doubt the report button is a signal for staff to start monitoring the room that the accused player is in. They need sufficient evidence for themselves before they ban someone. Also, there are some players out there who abuse the report button to try and ban someone they're mad at(even though that person didn't really do anything wrong), which keeps staff from working on the real problems. If I feel that staff are not responding to my reports, I ask them to send a notification when it is being reviewed and they usually do. :) I'm sorry about Renesmee though. It sounds like a difficult case considering there are several players involved. Has anyone else witnessed this? If so, you should report them together to prove the truthfulness of the story-- and don't forget to mention the one who started all the rumors! Just make sure the people actually witnessed this and aren't reporting because "they heard about so-and-so did this to so-and-so." Also, there is another form of a staff "warning" and it does not include a staff boot. It's a little pop-up window that tells you when you are disregarding a certain rule of the constitution. If you still continue that behavior, then they are forced to take action. I actually don't know if they even use that pop-up warning anymore. However, if the victim starts to purposely antagonize the bullies(not saying Renesmee does-- I've just seen younger players in action) to get a reaction out of them, then they're not completely innocent. It must be hard for staff to ban fellow players and that must be why they give us so many chances. 
    :-??
  • LilacsDaisies said:

PinkyB said:

This is one of the reasons why some people say that reporting the player won't help with bullying. VFK needs to make sure that all of their rules are being followed. Now, I'm not saying that they are bad moderators, but I've never seen a bully get banned or say that they got a warning. Not even a staff boot. If we want VFK bullying to end, VFK must protect the bullied more and show bullies that the behavior that they're showing will not be tolerated.  (NOTE: Bullies could be banned, I could just not know it, But from what I've seen from experience (seeing bullying, my friends telling me about bullying) the bullies are never tackled by Staff. So this MAY not apply to all bullies on VFK.)

[EDIT: idk why it doesn't show the quote like it usually does]

This is a good point you make, but we have to remember that reporting another player does not mean staff will ban them. We are encouraged to use the report button if another player is rebelling, but sometimes it takes them(staff) a little while to determine the problem. No doubt the report button is a signal for staff to start monitoring the room that the accused player is in. They need sufficient evidence for themselves before they ban someone. Also, there are some players out there who abuse the report button to try and ban someone they're mad at(even though that person didn't really do anything wrong), which keeps staff from working on the real problems. If I feel that staff are not responding to my reports, I ask them to send a notification when it is being reviewed and they usually do. :) I'm sorry about Renesmee though. It sounds like a difficult case considering there are several players involved. Has anyone else witnessed this? If so, you should report them together to prove the truthfulness of the story-- and don't forget to mention the one who started all the rumors! Just make sure the people actually witnessed this and aren't reporting because "they heard about so-and-so did this to so-and-so." Also, there is another form of a staff "warning" and it does not include a staff boot. It's a little pop-up window that tells you when you are disregarding a certain rule of the constitution. If you still continue that behavior, then they are forced to take action. I actually don't know if they even use that pop-up warning anymore. However, if the victim starts to purposely antagonize the bullies(not saying Renesmee does-- I've just seen younger players in action) to get a reaction out of them, then they're not completely innocent. It must be hard for staff to ban fellow players and that must be why they give us so many chances.  :-??

I agree with this and all the other comments too! I've tried reporting others when they were mean to me and nothing happens. They even tried reporting me and I never ended up with a warning or ban. Also I think they still give warnings without staff boots cause I did get one back in May for something that I didn't really break and wasn't really against the rules but I was in my first room that time so idk if I even got booted or not but I did get one before May too and I was in another room but I wasn't sent to my login. Unless they recently stopped giving those warnings cause I haven't gotten one since then. I wished staff could take more action when someone is being bullied but they just let the bullies get away with it.
    -Rosalina ♥
  • iamabigdisfan said:

I hear ya on this issue!! I refuse to leave my lock room due to this issue. It does anger me to see the continuous abuse done by others. Some don't understand that behind that computer is a living human being, a person with feeling. Reality is, they probably don't care cause they can hide behind that computer and laugh about their evil deeds.

It is getting harder to feel comfortable in game. With me, TRUST went out the window. I trust no one!!!! And I mean NO ONE!!! It takes one person to spread rumors or in other words LIES! and ruin the enjoyment you once had. But I will continue to walk with my head high knowing what is the truth and what is a lie.

Just to clarify one thing, I DO NOT have tons of clones up during a host hunt. But yet someone, not revealing who, has continuously told others that certain clones are mine.  Yet this person will have at least 12-15 clones up during host hunt. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

On that note, Peace Out!!!

Posting another comment but I agree with this too! I don't like it when people start rumors cause it can hurt the person's feelings. And yea trusting did get out the window but there are still some people I do trust! And I hate it when people will say you have clones up yet they do too.Its never happened to me but I find it annoying when I see a clone during hunt. I don't even think clones should be allowed in HOST hunts cause I kind of find them cheating now cause if someone else won they will also win on their clones so they have a bunch of the prize and it takes away the prize for someone who hasn't gotten it yet. I've been on this game for almost 3 years. I started playing March 2013 but quit until October 2013 and been playing since October 2013 and those times nothing really gone wrong and not much drama. After like in June 2014(Maybe later or a bit earlier) drama started to happen alot more. In June 2014 was when my trade room incident happened and it wasn't pretty. Right now its a bit harder for me to play cause its dead cause of so many people who quit cause of drama and all that and people will break rules now but I don't want to quit cause of all the memories of how long I've played for. 2/3 years is a pretty long time to play. I still think VFK is very fun but it would be better without all this bullying!
    ^:)^
    -Rosalina ♥
  • @Super_Princess_Rosalina So true!

@LilacsDaisies You also make a good point. Yes, Staff can be quite busy sometimes, but I hope they start to focus on all reports.

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• I've been in game since day 1. How fun it was then!!!!!! But as time went on, people were feeling their oats on what they can get away with and what they can't. Seems now it's a free for all with some people. I've reported and that person was still there to continue their evilness! I learned to defend myself now cause nobody cares your feeling were hurt. When you get hurt a couple of times your attitude changes, you're on the defense all the time. That sad to have to be that way.

Real life, I am the sweetest person on earth. I go out on my way to help others. Any one that I know will tell you that. But in game, I'm not the same as I am in real life and this is thanks to the evilness of some

I was scammed a few years ago and was the person who was considered the guilty one. All I asked for was what was agreed upon and ignored when I asked for the items. So this is another reason I  DO NOT trade and TRUST is out the window.

I will continue my VFK journey, enjoy what they have to offer and play a fair game.

I have chicken soup on the stove, so need to go.

Peace Out!!!

vfkbanner1
  • Thought that I would bring this back up again!

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat