Mrs. Danforth's Apron Pattern

Hey there, everyone!

So the pattern to Mrs. Danforth's apron has just been released, but I have a slight problem - I have no clue what it is that I'm doing when it comes to tailoring, so does anyone think they could spare some knowledge on what it is that needs to be done to make it?

Thanks!
A - ala - watchful alertness
L - lokahi - working with unity
O - oia'i'o - truthful honesty
H - ha'aha'a - humility
A - ahonui - patient perserverance

"My philosophy is: It's none of my business what other people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier." - Anthony Hopkins

Signature Picture

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Okay so to make a baumwolle thread you need 3 pieces of baunwolle and to make a cloth you need 3 threads so to make a cloth you would need in total 9 pieces and you need 2 cloths so 18 pieces and you need 2 thread and that would take 6 pieces so total: 24 pieces

To make a thread you need to use the spinning wheel to make a cloth you need the big square thing

3 pieces = thread
    3 thread = cloth

Once you have 2 cloth 2 thread the dye and pattern go to the table with Thr sewing machine and red cloth on the left and put all of the things in and it will give you the apron! If it doesn't work then your missing something.

I hope this helped sorry if explanation is bad!
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • Hi @VictoryRose!! :)
    First things first!  Have you trained the "Skill Book - Tailoring - Level 1" yet?!
    If you have, then you need to train for these also:
    Skill Book - Spinning - Level 1
    Skill Book - Baumwolle Spinning - Level 1
    Skill Book - Weaving - Level 1
    Skill Book - Baumwolle weaving - Level 1
    Skill Book - Baumwolle Tailoring - Level 1

Once you've trained all of these books, then you'll need some Baumwolle!  You can grow baumwolle from a seed, or collect it during a storm!
    This is what Baumwolle looks like:
    marzipan_tailoring_baumwolle1
    You need 3 bundles of Baumwolle to spin a bobbin of Baumwolle Thread!
    marzipan_tailoring_baumwolle2
    And then you need Three Baumwolle Threads to weave a bolt of Baumwolle Cloth!
    marzipan_tailoring_baumwolle3
    Then, say you're making the Purple Apron, you'll need to harvest 1 Castle Garden Rose Petals with an empty Elemental Collection Bottle, and 1 Fountain Meadow Blueberries!  Or you could enter the dungeon as a Wizard and vanquish some bats and rats, they also have empty Elemental Collection Bottles and Dyes on them!  (That's what I've been doing, hehe)
    Once you've got your Elementals, click on the Tailoring Book and look at the quantities!
    marzipan_tailoring_tailoringbook
    marzipan_tailoring_tailoringbook2copy
    Then, click on the Tailoring Table and add in the supplies!
    marzipan_tailoring_tailoringtable
    marzipan_tailoring_tailoringstep2
    Then, click on your closet and wear your newly created masterpiece!!
    marzipan_tailoring_wearoutfit
    Good luck tailoring!!  I hope this helps!
    I am a total mystery girl!
    Never without my magnifying glass <3
    MarzipanFromBluewiz3
    Thanks to @bluewiz for this amazing Secret Santa Christmas present!!
  • Thank you @Super_Princess_Rosalina and @Marzipan for all of your help! I totally understand weaving now which is good because I am super excited about this apron. I do have just two more questions, where are the seeds exactly for baumwolle and where can I find empty elemental bottles? I I can't seem to find them in the Green House or at Merlin's respectively. I'm a complete newbie on this one, so your help so far has been amazing! :D
    H - ha'aha'a - humility

"My philosophy is: It's none of my business what other people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier." - Anthony Hopkins

Signature Picture
  • edited November 2015
    Hi @VictoryRose! :)  Baumwolle Seeds are acquired either through trading, or from the occasional harvesting of a plant in your garden!
    Elemental Collection Bottles can be obtained from Merlin's Dungeon, or from a Space Merchant Mission!  
    marzipan_elementalbottles_bottle
    If you have a Mysterious Space Bottle, then you can send it out on a Space Mission at the Galactic Trading Post!
    marzipan_elementalbottles_destinylamp 
    When your Space Mission returns, it may or may not have an Elemental Collection Bottle amongst its cargo.
    If you go into Merlin's Dungeon, and vanquish a few bats and rats, you'll get a lot of credits but you'll also get bundles of Baumwolle, Wool, empty Elemental Collection Bottles, Dyes, Fabric, Thread, all kinds of things, and that's what I usually do!
    marzipan_elementalbottles_dungeongate 
    I hope this helps!!  And if you're looking for some Baumwolle Seeds, I've got some for trade! :)
    -Mars
    MarzipanFromBluewiz3
  • @Marzipan you can also get elemental bottles from Sleepy Hollow!

And to get baumwolle you have to look on the calendar for a event and when the event comes you get your bag and wait for the plant to harvest! Another way is to go to Merlin's Dungeon and get cloth, thread, and baumwolle seeds and baumwolle pieces! It also gives you dye and empty bottles as well! To get seeds you need to garden plants and that and when you can harvest them some might have a seed with it! I also have some for trade if you want them!
    "May the stars shine down on you."
    -Rosalina ♥
  • Thank you both once again for all of your help! I appreciate it so much. Since I haven't built up enough power to get into the dungeons, I need to wait on that but I'll try the Space Merchant idea and Sleep Hollow idea each of you had and if needed, I hope you don't mind my asking for a trade and we'll see if that goes anywhere? Thanks again!
    H - ha'aha'a - humility

Signature Picture
  • Anyone know if there was anything released similar for boys? :o
  • @CandyCars I didn't see anything else at Merlin's  :-??
    art gallery 2
    "All he wanted was a hug and Piper set him on fire" - VFK_Vintage
    "YOU CHEESE CUBES >:U" - VFK_Enigma
    "If I had a bucket of cheese spread and a mop ... I'd coat the floor in cheesiness." - VFK_Enigma
    "I'm sorry I ruined your lives and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.” - Buddy the elf
    "Panic! at the Space Party Boat" - VFK_Vintage

• Woo! Another round of thanks to @Super_Princess_Rosalina and @Marzipan for their help when I had questions. I've finally managed to complete an apron and boy, does it look amazing! Also, a huge thank you to Mars who gifted me the elemental bottles I needed. You both are the best!

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 9.57.31 PM
    H - ha'aha'a - humility

Signature Picture
  • WOOOO!!!  You look GREAT @VictoryRose!!!  CONGRATULATIONS ON CRAFTING YOUR APRON!!!!!!
    Just ask if you have any other questions or need to trade for something!!  Once again LOVE the new apron!!!  Beautiful garden you're standing in!!
    Mars <3
    MarzipanFromBluewiz3