VFK mini-game glitch

edited October 2015 in General
I'm sure we've all experienced the glitches commonly associated with Laser tag, Night Fighters, Space Pirates, etc. This discussion is to promote the request to please fix these bugs in VFK, especially Night Fighters! For those of you that may not know what I'm talking about--there is a glitch that often happens in these combat games where your tally counter refuses to acknowledge your shots. You can usually determine this glitch by checking the information bar at the top of your screen. If it says "receiving" all throughout the game, that means your points aren't going to be calculated. 
receiving

Earlier today I played Night Fighters for an hour with no success for unlocking a costume piece, mainly because every other game would not accept our shots. We'd be stuck spamming lasers at each other while the timer ticks on. I prepared a video during a game of Night Fighters, but I'm not sure if it will let me put it in this post.
I'd just like to know how many people have experienced this glitch. If a large amount of us do know about this then it's probably worth looking into. That's all, have a nice day everyone and also.. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

EDIT 10/26: Quick note guys! Please comment and/or press the "like" button to let me know that you voted!
VFK mini game glitch
  1. Have you experienced the glitch this discussion talks about?
    1. Yes!
      100.00%
    2. No!
        0.00%
Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2015
                                  ,''`.         _                        
                            ,.,'''  '`--- ._,,'|                        
                          ,'                   /                        
                     __.-'                    |                         
                  ''                ___   __|
                ,'                  \(|\ /|)/ |                         
               ,'                 _     _     `._                       
              /       ,.....-\    `. _  , __     `-.                    
             /     ,' :  .:''`|    `:`.../:.`` ._   `._                 
         ,..,'   /' .: :'     |     |      '.     \.  \                
        /      ,'  :'.:  / \  |     |    / \   ':.   . \    \               
       |      /  .: :' ,'  _)  ".._,   ,'  _)    :.  :. \   |             
        |     | :'.:  /   |    .,      /   |       :   :  |   |         
        |     |:' :  /___| /   \   /___|       :   :  |  ,'              
         |   /    '          /      \            :'      :  |,/              
          \ |   _          /______\              ,  :  |                 
         _/ |  \'`--`.    _            ,_   ,-'''    :. |      __       
        /   |   \..   ` ./ `.   _,_  ,'  ``'  /'     :' |     ,' '/       
       /   /'. :   \.   _    [_]   `[_]  .__,,|   _....,-/'  /      
       |   \_| :    `.-' `.    _.._     /      . ,'  :. ':/'  /'  '  .      
       `.   '`.           `. ,.'   ` .,'          :'/ ':..':.       .:' '.   
         \.    \            '                   :' |                ''    '. 
            `''.   `|        ':        .      .:' ,|         .  ..':.      |
              /'   / '"-..._  :   .:'    _;:.,'  \.     .:'   :. ''.      |
             (._,.'        '`' ' ' ' ' ' ' '          \.._.:      ':  ':   /
                                                     '.- ._    ,:__,,-' 
                                                           ''''       
  • Oh my gosh! So that's why when I shoot someone in Laser Tag it doesn't say that I did! I thought that I was just terrible at the game lol. Thanks for posting this! Hopefully Staff will fix it, it would make the games much easier.

Also, are there any glitches on Sleepy Hollow? I've noticed two things, but I don't know if they're glitches or not. Sometimes I get spooked when a ghost doesn't even touch me. When this happens a dancing couple is near me. Can a dancing couple get you? (Even though it says they aren't after you on the Instructions) Sometimes they seem to get me even if they're the same color of my team... I think this might be a glitch.

The second thing that I noticed was that at the end of each round, the scores or lower or higher (usually lower) than what it says your score is DURING the game on that brown bar. For example: Say if you were playing and it says your score was 120. The round ends, and it says your score is 80.

So, are these glitches?

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• edited October 2015

Oh my gosh! So that's why when I shoot someone in Laser Tag it doesn't say that I did! I thought that I was just terrible at the game lol. Thanks for posting this! Hopefully Staff will fix it, it would make the games much easier.

Also, are there any glitches on Sleepy Hollow? I've noticed two things, but I don't know if they're glitches or not. Sometimes I get spooked when a ghost doesn't even touch me. When this happens a dancing couple is near me. Can a dancing couple get you? (Even though it says they aren't after you on the Instructions) Sometimes they seem to get me even if they're the same color of my team... I think this might be a glitch.

The second thing that I noticed was that at the end of each round, the scores or lower or higher (usually lower) than what it says your score is DURING the game on that brown bar. For example: Say if you were playing and it says your score was 120. The round ends, and it says your score is 80.

So, are these glitches?

It would certainly make them more enjoyable! OK, the dancing couple in Sleepy Hollow-- they aren't after you but if they happen to stumble into you, yes, you'll be spooked. But they aren't counted as the "enemy" cause they're just in their own world. If you happen to get spooked when the ghosts aren't close enough, that's usually because the other team's ghosts are moving faster on their screen(usually if you have lag), but only just slightly. Ghosts from your team color can still spook you-- learned that the hard way!

As for the scoring, that does sound like a glitch. For a few games (such as laser tag), the reason the scoreboard at the end of each level doesn't match up with your in-game score is because it calculates the overall score differently. But Sleepy Hollow just adds up the raw score... hmm. You couldn't have just been spooked at the last second because your score is lower than it should be even for that. Thanks for posting your discovery here! The more information we give, the better VFK staff can understand and fix the problem!