MISS CLUE CHAPTER 13 ALL IN ONE HINTS

edited August 2015 in Formula For Danger
start out in locked room use key to open go in 
walk to other door see purse on floor , get it find out book is missing
circle around till u find crates and barrel that takes u to secret entry to foyer
walk to where chess set is and book on chair . look for circled chess problem ( number 97) look at placement of chess pieces from bottom to top write down code 
 Picture A :  
Spoiler:
bachgefd

also see the animals on side go to window box where u used those animals to open in previous chapter enter the above code
should give u knew hint This didnt always show for me
Spoiler:
( sixty seven)
 if it doesn't continue on 

go back  to chess set in foyer look in book for chess problem 67
PICTURE B

and recreate the Chess problem 67 on the Chess board!
PICTURE C

if placement correct secret compartment will open (read paper)

the paper is telling you the combination to the World globe, the cobras means how many snakes you own, the pictures are how many pictures are hanging on the wall going up the stairs.  The chess reference is to the book again, you count the number of black pieces.  The windows are how many windows are in the foyer.
Go to the world globe and look at the top of it, there should be a knob.

PICTURE D
  Then turn it like this:
left, 4 times
Right, 10 times
Left, 7 times
Right, 9 times

secret compartment inside globe will open read paper

back up into room further

You start out by going to the panel to the right of the fireplace and put a snake into it.  If the snake ticks 2 times, then leave him, if he doesn't try another snake
After the snake ticks 2 time go to the clock and set it to:
 2:25 ( clock should go dong dong dong)

miss clue chapter 13

Comments

• edited August 2015
    then go to your room and put a snake into that panel. by two chairs at window on left side  the snake that ticks 3 times is the one you want.  After that go back to the clock and set it to:
     7:10  The clock will chime 1 time,

go to the hallway up stairs to picture u were at in previous chapter open it  and put 1 of your two snakes left in.  The one that ticks once is the one you want, then go set the clock to:
    3:45 clock will dong four times   PICTURE E

And then go to the Lab and put the last snake in hidden compartment in  frame of door  ( it will say tick four times)
     and go back down to the clock and set it to:
    10:15

end of chapter
  • omg that chess set up was not easy, hidden little black piece behind the bigger one , thanks for the detailed pic and walk through once again you are a life saver
  • thank you for all your time and help ty
  • THE Puzzle in the Book is Upside Down Make sure you Match up the Letters and Numbers
  • Ty once again my friend
    #:-S

FriendsLikeYouMakeMyHeartMeltSnowma
  • Great guide!  One thing to note is the exit to the foyer from the tunnels is the opposite direction to the cellar doors.  Out this door from the underground room.

FoyerTunnelExit

Also something I noticed with the code machine is if you press a wrong key before you type B (the start of the code), or press B twice, it can throw the code off, that is probably what you are seeing.  2 ways to fix that are just hit the B key again so you see an S, or back away from the machine and come back to it.  Just make sure you are starting fresh with your code.

Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • I have a enlarged picture of the chess problem for everyone to reference while they are solving it!

ChessProblembigger
    DazzledreamSignature
  • Also, I got a picture of the chess set complete:

Spoiler:

ChessProblemSet

DazzledreamSignature
  • Wonderful work Dis!!!
    DazzledreamSignature
  • The third time is 4:45 btw
  • edited August 2015

I followed dis's picture shown above as u can see where the hands of clock are it show 3:45  ( quarter to four) let me enlarge it a bit more  ( even though guide paper shows different)

clock
  • sorry for the confusion on the clock settings......according to the one paper we find it did show 3:45 ( which worked )

clock 2
  • It looks like @DaisyGlitterheart has it right, the time is 4:45, Jane sets the hour hand in 12 ticks, 1 tick per hour.  Below is a picture of the clock faces from 12:45 to 5:45.   Hope this helps!

Clockfaces
    Sheep_Trimmed blossomflower Sheep_Trimmed  - Just ask if you'd like me to make you a GIF or Sig Bar!
  • edited August 2015

blossomflower

I know most don't use roman numeral clocks anymore , most clocks now are digital and unfortunately kids today don't learn how to read a clock or forgot what they learned  

but I refer you to this site you can scroll down to see each minute of the hour showing review the time for 3:45 ( or another way of saying it is  quarter till four) 

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/galleries/489-roman-numeral-clocks-hour-3

in your picture below my example that  you presented you are one hour ahead in each clock

compare the clocks...

clock
    Blossomflower said:

It looks like @DaisyGlitterheart has it right, the time is 4:45, Jane sets the hour hand in 12 ticks, 1 tick per hour.  Below is a picture of the clock faces from 12:45 to 5:45.   Hope this helps!

Clockfaces

• Hey Grumpy!  Thanks for the reference, and you are right analog clocks move slowly between hours so by 3:55 the hour hand is almost pointing to 4, though Jane is setting the clock by hand, so it is not moving by its self, in this case the hour hand is in the same place at 4:00 as it is at 4:55.

I did a test of this on the clock, see the pictures below.

Clockfaces2

See how the hour hand never moves from 4, I'm sure the behavior of a clock when you set it by hand varies, though since this is a special puzzle clock, I guess Anne's Father designed it that way.
  • edited August 2015
    Hey guys     thank you both for input , but  think  we are all right......which ever time it is we have to remember that the clock in the chapter is really not a real clock neither hand will flow around like a real clock  we just move the hands to where ever we need , just make sure the hour hand is on four and the minute hand is on 9 , most important is we get the hands in the right placement  to make it work . that's why i included picture of the clock in game originally . sorry for the confusion , but as long as it works ( whether its 3:45  or 4:45 ) is all that matters
  • A secret compartment opened. I didn't miss any steps (I reviewed to make sure), and fixed my mistakes in the problem. Am I supposed to hear the compartment opening?

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• OMG OMG OMG @dazzlerdream @dazzlerdream @dazzlerdream
    thanks so much for posting the picture of the chess set!!!
    I was really really really stuck !! i know nothing about chess.. lol
    big creds to @disfaniam once again for posting the walkthrough
    thanks u to all of u big help!!

Minute<3

iminute vfk
    thanks for this taco!! :D
  • @iMinute You're most welcome!! I am glad it helped!!!
    DazzledreamSignature
  • @disfaniam

Although most of your guide is right, the third time is off. It is actually 4:45, not 3:45. I thought I'd let you know this.

:)
    R5LND5X3UQ4Y
  • edited August 2015
    purple this was discussed in length if you scroll back a few posts bottom line is 
    the clock in the chapter is really not a real clock neither hand will flow around like a real clock  we just move the hands to where ever we need , just make sure the hour hand is on four and the minute hand is on 9 , most important is we get the hands in the right placement  to make it work . that's why i included picture of the clock in game originally . sorry for the confusion , but as long as it works ( whether its 3:45  or 4:45 ) is all that matters
  • um I'm a little stuck with the paper i got from the chess board?  wat does it mean??  i tried to open up the world globe but all jane says   is 'its struck' and I cant figure out why?!
    I have 2 cats and 1 fish.  I love sports, my favorite color is yellow
    signaturepicture
  • the paper you read in world globe is just another clue left once you close the globe you have to re open it if u want back in same way you opened it first time . but really no need to as long as you read the clue
    back up into room and start placing the cobras as per directions in initial post be sure to do them in order or it wont work
  • I accidentally made a mistake in my comment. A secret compartment DIDN'T open. Could someone help?  

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• @PinkyB Where are you stuck? maybe I could help! :D
    DazzledreamSignature
  • @dazzlerdream Well, I finished the 67 chess problem, but I don't hear or see a compartment opening.

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• edited September 2015
    @PinkyB  when you get the chess parrtern right it should look like this:

Chapter13ChessDrawer'
    I think the most common pieces that are missed are the white pawn behind the white queen, and the black pawn behind the black king, also if everything looks right, pick up a piece off the board and set it right back down and it will open the compartment!  Good luck!!

DazzledreamSignature
  • @dazzlerdream Great, thanks! :)

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• @dazzlerdream Nope, it still didn't work :(

FANTASTIC! Thanks Taco!!

Signature By TacoCat

• Oh @PinkyB!!  I just thought of something!!  I have heard some other people got mixed up with the king and Queen, maybe if you reverse the king and queens that might work?  The kings are the ones with the little cross on the top and the Queens are the ones with the little bumps around the edge with a dot on top.  In the chess book the queens are the picture with the pointy crown and the Kings are represented with a normal rounded crown with a cross on the top!!

Hope this helps

Dazzle!
    DazzledreamSignature