Christmas at Donner Pass Has Arrived!

Miss Clue Mysteries

Christmas At Donner Pass – PC Download

Final Preparation for the launch of Miss Clue: Christmas at Donner Pass [PC Download] has been completed!

The Mac Version of Christmas at Donner Pass will be available on Sunday, February 27th, 2022!

Now available on the Products Page here on Miss Clue! The PC Download Version of Christmas at Donner Pass can be viewed here:

https://products.missclue.com/

Comments

• How exactly do you install the game? I get the launcher, click skip on updates and nothing happens. Thank in advance!
  • I found the application deep in the app folder. Application name is "MissClueCDP" after you install. Woohoo!!!!
  • ok I'm so excited about this new game but I have serious questions since it's a purchase unlike the past. I have difficulty with timed games etc. and in the past you've been able to skip me past those. Will that be possible again or not? Is anything timed?  Is it possible to get past it by attempting it so many # of times? 
  • Hi TriahlonElaine!

Yes, by pressing Skip on the launcher, the application should immediately start!

We are checking if we can replicate the issue here now!

However if the issue persists after you re-open the launcher, a work-around for the issue you can try, is to launch a sub-executable, within the application (this will bypass the launcher temporarily.)

To launch the sub-executable, browse to the folder where you installed the application, which by default is this path:

```
    C:\Users\{YOUR COMPUTER USER NAME HERE}\AppData\Local\Programs\MissClue - Christmas At Donner Pass\app\MissClueCDP
    ```

You can also go to that folder, by copying and pasting this short-path into a file-explorer on your computer, and pressing Enter:

````
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\MissClue - Christmas At Donner Pass\app\MissClueCDP
    ```

Once in the above folder, double-click the executable named "MissClueCDP.exe", and the application should then start!

We will post with an update as well, as soon as we have an update for you to try again with the launcher!
  • Hi @TriathlonElaine,

That is great new!!  Good luck and if you have any trouble just let us know!

-Mintie
  • Howdy @princessmadiro,

Yes, there are a couple timed parts of the mystery, however, if you contact support they should be able to help you with anything like that!

I hope this helps!

-Mintie
  • Thanks so much for the update @VFK_Mintie !!! I had trouble starting the game as well but successfully opened it with your method!

So far the game looks fantastic! I noticed I don't have background music while I'm in the mansion - could this be a bug that needs to be fixed?

I'll keep you updated on if I have any other issues! Thank you & the team for working so hard to get this out & for working on these updates!

so many questions and NO DONUTS

DONUTS

THANK YOU TACO CAT!! <3

• edited January 2022
    Howdy @DonutLuverr,

Thank you so much for letting us know about the music not playing for you, we are working on an update now which might help with that, and will keep you posted!

We're so happy you were able to be part of Miss Clue's First Full length all-3D Mystery!

If you get stuck or run into anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

-Mintie
  • Hi there! I'm also having issues as well - I've been trying to play around with the settings to figure out how to get them to stop but sadly, nothing has fully fixed things. :( What's been most helpful is lowering my graphics/settings to "normal", though that does make the game look less sharp on my screen. Whenever I change the settings sometimes it also makes half the screen look like it's either in an oddly-colored light or just totally black. Eventually, the game just crashes because it says that UnrealEngine has had a problem or something like that. Not sure what's going on because the previous games ran just fine on my computer.
  • edited January 2022
    Hi @Setsuna!

Could you give us some information about your computer, such as your Windows version and system specifications, graphics and processor, etc?

This will help us figure out the best settings for your computer!

-Mintie
  • I'm on Windows 8.1, and it says that the processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-33306 CPU @ 2.70 GHz   2.70 GHz

I also have been trying tweaking the settings and playing around but eventually I seem to get a crash that says "LowLevelFatalError", if that's helpful at all.

Also I'm not sure about graphics, but it says my system type is a 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thanks for any help!
  • edited January 2022
    Will there be a trailer? @VFK_Mintie.... Waiting patiently for the Mac release :)
  • Mintie, what are the system requirements to run/play Christmas at Donner?
    i have dell latitude E6410 with windows 7 pro with service pack 1. with intel core i5. but idk the graphic card it has.  Would the game run on it?
    thanks Mintie!
  • Hi @gauloise,

Yes, there will most definitely be a trailer!

Thank you so much for your continued support!

-Mintie
  • Hi @Auntie_Skybluepink and @Setsuna

Thank you so much for the information, we are looking into it, and will let you know tomorrow!

-Mintie

• edited January 2022
    VFK_Mintie said:

@VFK_Mintie - Thanks for any help you can give! :)
  • Is anyone actually able to play this game, or is it just me? It keeps crashing after I am finished talking with that guy on the train?

• That is something we definitely want to get fixed.  Thank you so much for contacting us!

Could you give us some information about your computer, such as your Windows version and system specifications, graphics and processor, etc?

This will help us figure out the best settings for your computer!

-Mintie
  • Also, @Auntie_Skybluepink and @Setsuna

We haven't forgotten about you!

-Mintie
  • I clicked on an item in the game and have no way of clicking away from it. Any ideas??
  • Howdy @Guest564257,

What is the item you clicked?

-Mintie
  • It was the marigold seeds
  • @Guest564257,

Do you have the option to back away when you move your mouse to the bottom middle of the screen?

-Mintie
  • No there is no option to back away. Clicking away from it doesn’t work either
  • If you save the game, and then reload does the issue persist?
  • That fixed it
  • YAY @Guest564257!

That is excellent news, we really appreciate you letting us know and we will still look into why that happened.

If you run into anything else just let us know!

Good luck!

-Mintie
  • My game keeps crashing after I play the Santa Claus game with Nancy... Ideas on how to continue forward?
  • TriathlonElaine said:

My game keeps crashing after I play the Santa Claus game with Nancy... Ideas on how to continue forward?

Don't know if this had anything to do with it but WINNING the Santa game allowed me to move forward.