Epic Ages Desktop Client Updates!

2»

Comments

• Hi Mint and Enigma.  Now that I have my new PC I was able to download the Epic Ages App. Love it!  Love the fun login screens, and LOVE the multiple window feature.  I also like how the X button closes the game without the "are you sure you want to close" message from the previous epic ages app.

My ideas I could think of-
    1.  Add room title to the top of the window (like in previous epic ages app)
    2.  Allow for friend list and IM to be separate from the game window (like previous epic ages app).

Thats all I could think of now.  If I think of any other ideas, I'll let you know. Great job getting vfk to work beyond flash... love the animated loading screens (did I mention that?).  
    --millsfan
  • I'm loving this new client, however now I can't use clones while using my main account :/ I would probably need to use another computer. If someone has figured this out, pls let me know!
    art-starbucks 
  • Prettyredstone, you can use more than one clone while using your main and you don't need another computer to do it.

When you click on your EA Desktop Client icon, the log-in window appears where you type in your info for one account to enter the kingdom.  However, if you hit the plus sign (+) at the right-hand top of the log-in, another log-in window will pop up.   Now you can type in the log-in info for another/second account while still having that first account still logged on. 

You can move/manipulate the placement of each pop-up window by placing your cursor on the black edging at the top of each page (after the EA logo and lettering) and right click with your mouse, thus "grabbing" the pop-up and being able to move it around your computer screen.   Now you can have two account windows open side-by-side.  You can do this even after you've entered the game.  Just hit the + sign in the upper right and another log-in page will pop up.  Be aware though, that the more accounts/windows you have open at the same time, the slower your computer may run.

Also, it might be a good idea to read through all the messages under this heading to learn more about some of the newer features in the EA Desktop Client.  

Hope this was helpful.
  • Hi.  I may have missed an announcement, but I just realized that the Miss Clue games in the 'menu' area of the client are all missing.  Not sure when that happened, but I was progressing in one or two of those games.  are they gone for good?  or is it just a problem with the client?  Please advise.  If I missed an announcement, apologies.

Thanks.  Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • Is there another update in the works?  Events like the Alien Moon Rock causes extreme lag after two hours. By the end of the event I could not move. You also need to open more instances, or send people to random start rooms where there are fewer people to deal with.  I could not make any progress due to people in my way or clicking the rock at the same time.

Also, can you offer the option to suppress the event announcement messages?  I only need one player to receive those.  Every time a wave of these messages appear, all my people begin to move slower.  Toward the end, I could not move at all.  Then you don't give us a chance to try to finish the event and gather much needed supplies.  I also had to keep track of the people you booted and get them back in before you closed down the event.  Every time that happens I would go even slower.

So, I had to weight cost benefit of losing time restarting my computer, or just focus on a few people and lose opportunities on the rest.

The only way I could do these events is to have multiple $3,000 computers.  This is not hyperbole given the current chip shortage and interest in mining.
  • Poorbe said:

Is there another update in the works?  Events like the Alien Moon Rock causes extreme lag after two hours. By the end of the event I could not move. You also need to open more instances, or send people to random start rooms where there are fewer people to deal with.  I could not make any progress due to people in my way or clicking the rock at the same time.

Also, can you offer the option to suppress the event announcement messages?  I only need one player to receive those.  Every time a wave of these messages appear, all my people begin to move slower.  Toward the end, I could not move at all.  Then you don't give us a chance to try to finish the event and gather much needed supplies.  I also had to keep track of the people you booted and get them back in before you closed down the event.  Every time that happens I would go even slower.

So, I had to weight cost benefit of losing time restarting my computer, or just focus on a few people and lose opportunities on the rest.

The only way I could do these events is to have multiple $3,000 computers.  This is not hyperbole given the current chip shortage and interest in mining.
    I haven't experienced problems with lag, but I normally get pulled into an event only 2 times (usually on my main Flamanar).  My 7 clones who I also log on for all events almost never get pulled in.  I did feel some lag today each time people entered a room I was in during the rock event.  Definitely should have more instances.  Yesterday, one room was -packed- at the entrance.  People were either AFK there or they went AFK (or froze) in the rocks...blocking the way.  It was difficult to click on rocks, as inevitably you'd end up clicking on either yourself or a nearby player so a lanyard popped up...causing confusion and slowing everything down.  Maybe a solution like the mazes is the answer?  You can't click on others in the mazes.  Just throwing it out there.  Of course, chat in the event also made it difficult to make progress, most times blocking where you need to click. 

My biggest complaints:  you can click on yourself or others rather than a rock, or a rock is barely visible and very hard to click.  Or you're following someone else, and you have to wait behind them until new rocks spawn before progressing.  I don't mind people AFK off  to the side, but they shouldn't be clogging up the game in any way.

The waves of pop-up announcements are annoying, and I also dislike them.  I understand it's VFK communicating helpful info to some people...but we should be able to opt-out of those if we want.

I got lucky and built a serious desktop and bought a cutting edge router just before the chip shortage.  Lucky, to say the least.

Since I typical get a grand total of only 2 out of 8 people in during any event (there are some exceptions, but it's the average for me), I don't get much lag.  But I can see lag setting in with multiple clones in the event at the same time.

Just some honest feedback, and shouldn't be regarded as anything other than constructive criticism.  (hugs) Flame

• Kyna said:

Prettyredstone, you can use more than one clone while using your main and you don't need another computer to do it.

When you click on your EA Desktop Client icon, the log-in window appears where you type in your info for one account to enter the kingdom.  However, if you hit the plus sign (+) at the right-hand top of the log-in, another log-in window will pop up.   Now you can type in the log-in info for another/second account while still having that first account still logged on. 

You can move/manipulate the placement of each pop-up window by placing your cursor on the black edging at the top of each page (after the EA logo and lettering) and right click with your mouse, thus "grabbing" the pop-up and being able to move it around your computer screen.   Now you can have two account windows open side-by-side.  You can do this even after you've entered the game.  Just hit the + sign in the upper right and another log-in page will pop up.  Be aware though, that the more accounts/windows you have open at the same time, the slower your computer may run.

Also, it might be a good idea to read through all the messages under this heading to learn more about some of the newer features in the EA Desktop Client.  

Hope this was helpful.
    omg this was truly helpful! i audibly gasped when i clicked the plus sign lol. thank you thank you!
    art-starbucks 
  • edited May 2021
    Small request- I liked in the old EA being able to snap pics.

Also, old ea displayed the room title we’re in -on the top of the client, centered in the middle. This is nice to have
  • I really would love to be able to "freeze" my character when I'm trying to build. So frustrating when I make her walk when I don't want her in the middle of the build, lol
    There must always be blood, lots of blood!

I'm a lttle teapot short and stout!
  • Teapotprincess said:

I really would love to be able to "freeze" my character when I'm trying to build. So frustrating when I make her walk when I don't want her in the middle of the build, lol

That happens to me when I harvest plants, Teapot.  Frustrating, especially if I'm rushed.  Flame

• Ditto to Teapotprincess' comment and Flame's!!!

• I agree Tea great idea .
  • edited June 2021
    Game hats are glitching (at least mine is).  It only happens when my character is walking south-east.  The top of the hat is 'clipped' off every other step.  lol hard to explain.  Every other step causes the top of the hat to disappear until the next footstep, where it reappears.  Not a huge problem, but it's a glitch.  Pics:

hatglitch
    hatglitch2

Fyi and thanks much as always!  Flame

ETA:  thanks staff for the fast fix!!  Problem is resolved.  Flame

• I agree... it would be nice to have a "build mode" so your character locks or does not appear while building for contest rooms or just when building/arranging in rooms. Either a command like Stay, or a spot you could place and you could walk on it which would make you like a mannequin, you could even move and place your character while in the mode. Click on character and choose "unlock character" to move again. Just an idea...
  • VFK_Enigma said:

Holding CTRL and pressing the keys that have =/+ or -/_ next to the backspace key should adjust the zoom for you Auntie! 

In fact these are the keys I typically use myself to adjust the zoom!
    Uber thanks, Enigma! I use it tons now!!
  • Oooh, thanks, Enigma!  Cool tip to know and easier than what I've been using.  Gracias!
  • Howdy  @VFK_staff

The following is a list of a few recently items which we still are spinning in inventory.  Appreciate you assisting so we can use them.

- Lumberjack Chair
    - Giant Sittable Shell
    - Seashell Necklace
    - Merlin Wizard Robe - Boy/Girl

Thanks in advance for all you do!!!

Mellow

• I'll add one quirky item to your list there, Mellow:  it's in the 'My Rooms' list of rooms we own.  There is a room called 'Ghost Dragon Club' which has as its icon a spinning circle.  Been that way for awhile.  Just throwing it out there.  Thanks staff!  Flame

• Flamanar said:

I'll add one quirky item to your list there, Mellow:  it's in the 'My Rooms' list of rooms we own.  There is a room called 'Ghost Dragon Club' which has as its icon a spinning circle.  Been that way for awhile.  Just throwing it out there.  Thanks staff!  Flame

Thanks Flame, totally forgot about that room.  Mine is a spinning circle as well.