2021 Item Updates!

edited April 2021 in VFK General
Howdy Everyone!

2021 Item updates are here!

Feel free to let us know about any updates you'd like to see for existing VFK items.  Also suggestions from the 2020 items updates thread have been noted and are being worked on!

Most recent updates are:

March and April Updates:

Now sitable
Inflatable Bean Bag - Black
Inflatable Bean Bag - Blue
Inflatable Bean Bag - Orange
Skeleton Bone Chair

Sit adjustments:
North Pole Comfy Chair

Updated items:
Lion Tamer - Hat - Red - Boy
The Western Cowboy Hat - Color Pink - Never Released has been updated to not float on occasion!
The Crossword Puzzle 2017 - Jacket - Girl when sitting would fly off, has been fixed!
And the most exciting update is when you would clothe a mannequin, if you had more than 1 item in your inventory of that clothing and you put it on, it would take the clothing off of the mannequin!  That is now fixed so no more mannequins will ever lose a clothing item by accident!

January Updates:

Items now tradable to everyone:
Gypsy Caravan Interior
Giant Sittable Anniversary Cake

Items which can now be placed anywhere in the air:
Award - Floor Light - White - Small
Award - Floor Light - Orange - Small
Award - Floor Light - Pink - Small
Award - Floor Light - Purple - Small
Award - Floor Light - Blue - Small
Award - Floor Light - Green - Small
Award - Floor Light - Red - Small
Award - Floor Light - White
Award - Floor Light - Orange
Award - Floor Light - Pink
Award - Floor Light - Purple
Award - Floor Light - Blue
Award - Floor Light - Green
Award - Floor Light - Red
Award - Back Stage Lighting - Support With Lights
Award - Back Stage Lighting - Horizontal Support with Lights
Award - Back Stage Lighting - Horizontal Support
Award - Accent Light - Large - Tilted - Yellow
Award - Accent Light - Large - Tilted - White
Award - Accent Light - Large - Tilted - Orange
Award - Accent Light - Large - Tilted - Pink
Award - Accent Light - Large - Tilted - Purple
Award - Accent Light - Large - Tilted - Blue
Award - Accent Light - Large - Tilted - Green
Award - Accent Light - Large - Tilted - Red
Award - Accent Light - Large - Yellow
Award - Accent Light - Large - White
Award - Accent Light - Large - Orange
Award - Accent Light - Large - Pink
Award - Accent Light - Large - Purple
Award - Accent Light - Large - Blue
Award - Accent Light - Large - Green
Award - Accent Light - Large - Red
Award - Accent Light - Tilted - Yellow
Award - Accent Light - Tilted - White
Award - Accent Light - Tilted - Orange
Award - Accent Light - Tilted - Pink
Award - Accent Light - Tilted - Purple
Award - Accent Light - Tilted - Blue
Award - Accent Light - Tilted - Green
Award - Accent Light - Tilted - Red
Award - Accent Light - Yellow
Award - Accent Light - White
Award - Accent Light - Orange
Award - Accent Light - Pink
Award - Accent Light - Purple
Award - Accent Light - Blue
Award - Accent Light - Green
Award - Accent Light - Red

Items that had loading icons:
Holdable Magic Potion - Red
Holdable Magic Potion - Blue

Happy January!

VFK Mintie

Comments

• Woot!!!   Thanks to all of VFK Staff!!!  This is amazing news!!!

Another Holdable item which is not allowing you to carry it, is the "Dragon Buddy - Skeleton".  When you hold it, it cause your avatar to be a blue blob.

Again, thanks for all the work you guys are doing!!!

Mellow
  • Most of the Swan Lake hairs cannot be put in storage bins

• This is not necessary but would be cool - When you use levitation fx, could the walk animation not show?  It would be cool if we just float instead of walking in air
  • Could we please get the Lion Tamer Hat Red to sit properly on our head? It floats above our head now.

Thank you.
  • Letting you know that the 'Ultimate Leprechaun - hair - boy' is still not tradable.  Every other piece of the male outfit IS tradable (including the beard).  By contrast, 100% of the girls Leprechaun outfits are tradable.  FYI.

Also still waiting on the New Years party favors to allow us to open them.  Thanks much.

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • edited April 2021
    Howdy everyone!

All the above item updates have been addressed along with some additional ones such as:

The Western Cowboy Hat - Color Pink - Never Released has been updated to not float on occasion!
    The Crossword Puzzle 2017 - Jacket - Girl when sitting would fly off, has been fixed!
    And the most exciting update is when you would clothe a mannequin, if you had more than 1 item in your inventory of that clothing and you put it on, it would take the clothing off of the mannequin!  That is now fixed so no more mannequins will ever lose a clothing item by accident!

Thank you everyone for your great sleuthing abilities and feedback!

Happy Spring!

-Mintie
  • The Easter party favors are still a swirl in my inventory. Please do fix them. I'm SO curious as to what they look like and what is within!
    Many thanks and hugs!
  • edited April 2021
    The NEW YEARS party favors still don't function.  They show in inventory, and you can put them out on the floor.  But they still can't be unwrapped.  Would be nice to see what's inside them.

On the plus side, leprechaun hair issue I mentioned above is fixed.  Thanks.  Flame

• Howdy all!  

Thank you so much for reporting those, we will look into them!

New additions to the update list are:

Now sitable
    Inflatable Bean Bag - Black
    Inflatable Bean Bag - Blue
    Inflatable Bean Bag - Orange

Phoenixes not being able to burn Tall and Short Stumps has been addressed!

-Mintie

• Yay!  The 2021 New Years party favors work now!  Thanks Mintie/staff!

Phoenix seems to be fixed, but the animation looks slightly different (not 'blowing' the flames with his wings?).  Same with ghost dragon (doesn't breathe fire like he used to?).  Or it's just me...which is highly possible ;) 

Thanks much!!!!

Flame

• My dragons hadn't spewed forth flame when I had them out a while ago, but bushes burst into flame.
    Yesterday, Toasty, my ostrich, sure did shoot a flame out tho! Flamage!
  • Just tried my Phoenix and Ghost dragon, both worked well if that matters lol
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• iStella said:

Just tried my Phoenix and Ghost dragon, both worked well if that matters lol

Thanks Auntie and iStella.  It might be 'user error'?  I'm going to test out wearing the 'official outfits' for the ghost dragon and for the Phoenix and see if that makes a difference. Right now I'm running them while a fairy (quickest and easiest way if you're not wearing the 'right clothes'). 

It would be great if we ever got some kind of 'clothing preset', where we can store complete outfits that can be used by just pressing a button.  The outfits would be combinations of clothes, not necessarily matching items.  So I would store the clothes I'm wearing now, make them one of 'x' number of 'clothing presets'...and be able to change right back to that set of clothes in an instant when I want to.  It's too cumbersome to ride a horse anymore, because you need the 'special horse clothes'.  I'd -LOVE- to ride my horses again, but the time spent switching clothes?  Nope.   I usually wear a mish-mosh of stuff, and my daughter goes seriously crazy with her mash-up costumes.  If we were able to 'save' a configuration of clothes that we're wearing and recall them when needed?  That would be:  incredible.  For now, I have to make notes of some of the things I wear, so I won't waste time next time looking for 'x' item that I used in a clothing set previously which I'd like to wear again at a later date.  Just a thought.  Off to test...

Flame

• Forgot to mention the Easter party favors now open ;)  Flame

• edited April 2021
    Howdy all!  

New additions to the update list are:

@Auntie_Skybluepink  the Skeleton Bone Chair is now sitable!

@Fonna  the North Pole Comfy Chair back angle sit has been correct!

-Mintie

• I'd like to make a suggestion.

Can you please somehow separate the entrance and exit in public rooms. Its so tiring to get stuck in the doorway of places like Autumn Imports or the Malt Shoppe etc. Can we enter in the middle of the room in these places please!??
  • Fonna said:

I'd like to make a suggestion.

Can you please somehow separate the entrance and exit in public rooms. Its so tiring to get stuck in the doorway of places like Autumn Imports or the Malt Shoppe etc. Can we enter in the middle of the room in these places please!??
    Very true.  Worst place I know of is entering the Mercantile.  If someone is in front of you after you just came in, chances are that you're stuck there until they move.  Otherwise you have to hit the map.  Also entrances/exits can be very hard to see with chat bubbles covering them up and alot of people in the doorway (NPC events come to mind) .  I have a couple pics of the issue in Mercantile if Staff wants to see them. 

As an aside, I've lobbied for 'static' entrances/entrances at all their current locations ever since game began.  Killing your mouse by clicking everywhere to 'find' an entrance/exit got old in beta.  It hasn't changed, even though alot of us remember where the entrances/exits are by now.  Probably many players (especially new players) have no clue.  Imagine their frustration.  Worse, some entry/exits have messed up exits/entrances, where even if you click where you know the exit/entrance is...you find out that there is a line of 'way outs' that doesn't completely cover that area (English Countryside rooms are one of many examples).  And then there's the almost impossibility of finding your way through an age like Fairy Age.  Too many entrances/exits are covered up by leaves/flowers so you can't see them. 

Just offering constructive criticism, adding to and affirming what Fonna requested.  Thanks Staff for all you do.

Flame

• What Flame said. 

:))
  • Fonna said:

What Flame said. 

:))
    lol Fonna!  Hey, you opened the can of worms.  I just dumped them out ;)  Seriously though, glad you brought it up.  (hugs)  Flame

• edited May 2021
    I am getting concerned about the items recently - passed week at least - not loading.
     What is happening?
  • Fonna said:

I am getting concerned about the items recently - passed week at least - not loading.

What is happening?
    Alot of non-loading, which makes it incredibly difficult for me to decide how much of 'x' item I want to collect!  If it's lame, I'll get 10.  If it's wicked cool, I might get 60.  It's a rather big deal for me, speaking for myself.  Flame

• Please allow us to put the following items in storage containers:
    Scottish Highland Lassie outfits
    All pony, zebra, reindeer bridles, saddles, and saddle blankets
    All groovy beetle exteriors
    Contest/blitz contest participation shirts/medals
    Alien appearances
    Wizard outfits & Hidden Passages clothing rewards
    Racing outfits & milk moustaches
    Birthday membership reward hats/clothing
    Default hairs & pants/shorts/shirts/shoes (or just remove these from inventory view all together)
  • Items that need to be loaded in inventory:
    Hanging Beach Patio Chair
    Summer 2021 Crossword Puzzle Lamp
    Summer 2021 Word Search Puzzle Lamp
    art-starbucks 
  • I am just gonna bump this.

We still cannot sit on the skeleton dragon bed. I'm thinking ahead to Christmas decorating and would love to use this in my Christmas Mansion. Its not imperative to sit on it but it would be great if we could.

• is this thread unbumpable??? i cant find it without going to my own page and searching comments
  • I would like the things we have to load properly. I love that you are already looking forward to creating new things for us but there is a list of things that need to work properly still. Personally I would rather have those fixed before bombarding you with a new list of wants (not that I don't have one)
  • Fonna said:

I would like the things we have to load properly. I love that you are already looking forward to creating new things for us but there is a list of things that need to work properly still. Personally I would rather have those fixed before bombarding you with a new list of wants (not that I don't have one)

I agree with you. Speaking of, here are things in my inventory that still do not load:

End of Summer Sock Hop 2021 Party Favor - Red
    End of Summer Sock Hop 2021 Party Favor - Green
    Halloween Ball 2021 Party Favor - Green
    Halloween Ball 2021 Party Favor - Purple
    Halloween 2021 Candy Bucket
    Thanksgiving Ball 2021 Party Favor - Green
    Thanksgiving Ball 2021 Party Favor - Red
    Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat Chair
    Haunted Farm - Animatronic Pig
    Midsummer Night's 2021 Party Favor Mask - Blue
    Midsummer Night's 2021 Party Favor Mask - Green
    Midsummer Night's 2021 Party Favor Mask - Red
    Halloween 2021 Trick or Treat Bucket
    Haunted Farmer - Apron - Harvest - Girl
    Haunted Farmer - Top - Red - Girl
    Haunted Farmer - Skirt - Red - Girl
    Haunted Farmer - Shoes - Red - Girl
  • edited December 2021
    Zoee said:

Fonna said:

I would like the things we have to load properly. I love that you are already looking forward to creating new things for us but there is a list of things that need to work properly still. Personally I would rather have those fixed before bombarding you with a new list of wants (not that I don't have one)

I agree with you. Speaking of, here are things in my inventory that still do not load:

End of Summer Sock Hop 2021 Party Favor - Red
    End of Summer Sock Hop 2021 Party Favor - Green
    Halloween Ball 2021 Party Favor - Green
    Halloween Ball 2021 Party Favor - Purple
    Halloween 2021 Candy Bucket
    Thanksgiving Ball 2021 Party Favor - Green
    Thanksgiving Ball 2021 Party Favor - Red
    Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat Chair
    Haunted Farm - Animatronic Pig
    Midsummer Night's 2021 Party Favor Mask - Blue
    Midsummer Night's 2021 Party Favor Mask - Green
    Midsummer Night's 2021 Party Favor Mask - Red
    Halloween 2021 Trick or Treat Bucket
    Haunted Farmer - Apron - Harvest - Girl
    Haunted Farmer - Top - Red - Girl
    Haunted Farmer - Skirt - Red - Girl
    Haunted Farmer - Shoes - Red - Girl
    I also agree.  Adding more to Zoee's list:

Pink Flamingo 2021

Haunted lounge with skeleton (antique, loads in inventory, cannot be placed in a room)

Wax membership:
    Teal/Red/Purple chairs (load in inventory, cannot be placed in room)
    Teal/Red/Purple lounges (load in inventory, cannot be placed in room)

In 'Room List':
    Ghost Dragon Club icon does not load

Non-loading items are incredibly frustrating.  I always obtain 'x' amount of an item based on how it looks.  If I find an item unattractive, then I do a small amount of runs for that item.  But if an item looks wicked cool, I'll do alot of runs.  Having items not loading (and as a result not being able to view item before doing runs) means that I hope I got enough of something I'd really like.  By the same token, I am also fairly peeved if I wasted alot of time getting alot of something I may find out after-the-fact doesn't appeal to me at all.  I'm not sure I remember Sunday quest items not loading for a week+, but that's started happening, too.  Halloween candy buckets not loading at all...and Halloween's over.  I prefer all items loading than to load new (potentially cool) items into my inventory...also not loading.  And I never store an item until it DOES load. So my inventory is getting crowded with not-loading circles.

2 cents.  Not slamming staff.  However it needs addressed.  Thanks to staff for all you do, I know it's a busy season.  Flame

• Howdy Everyone!

We are looking into these items!  Thank you so much for listing what isn't working for you!

-Mintie
  • Can you bump this thread??