SPOILERS: End of Game Questions

Hi! I'm new to Miss Clue, wanted to try something similar to Nancy Drew as those games have been MIA lately with the engine switch. Love how much Miss Clue reminds me of the older ND games, less about random puzzles all over the place.

If you have not finished the game caution on reading ahead as I mention things that happen after culprit is caught.

Anyways... I just finished Formula for Danger and I have to say I was extremely confused by the end of game sequences lol. So Anne is getting married in Scotland, but then there is a long beach sequence and song by 'Nixie'? Who is out pen pal Nixie? Did anyone else think "what in the absolute heck is going on" when the song started and there was a beach music video showing Anne and her beau? haha

Comments

• edited March 2021

Congratulations on solving the Mystery of Formula For Danger!

Those are some great questions!

Nixie at the end is indeed the same person you are writing to in the beginning!  MissClue: Formula For Danger is the first game in the Miss Clue series and it was originally released in chapters inside VFK/EpicAges which is an online world also developed by us!  There is a character inside VFK/EpicAges who is called Nixie.  She runs the Inland Ocean shop with Rad and they both love to surf and all things beach related!  

Anne's wedding takes place in Scotland where Noah Lindsay is originally from, and Nixie is among the guests that attend!  'Everything To You' is a special song she sings at Anne's wedding with a small music video showing pictures of Anne and Noah getting reacquainted after the mystery is solved.  Along with pictures of Rad giving Nixie a surprise Bracelet and them walking to the beach to enjoy the sunset!   Rad has a history of surprising Nixie in VFK/EpicAges.

Also Formula for Danger is a Jane Austen Mystery and several characters are based upon ancestors of characters in Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen!  Anne Gardiner in Formula For Danger is descended from the Gardiner Family in Pride and Prejudice who is Elizabeth Bennet's uncle on her mother's side.  Elizabeth Bennet marries Mr. Darcy and that is how Jane Darcy is related to Anne Gardiner!

Formula For Danger is set several generations from the characters in the Pride and Prejudice book, however, MissClue: Peril In Pemberley, follows Jane Darcy the daughter of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy and takes place in Regency England!   MissClue: Trials of Salem begins in Regency England with your Great Aunt Lady Catherine de Bourgh, telling you a story of an ancestor of yours, on your father's side, which dates back to 1692.  Way before the 1820s which is when Peril In Pemberley is set!

You can find out a little more information about MissClue characters by going here:

I hope this helps clear up some puzzling parts of the back story, and definitely let us know if you have any more questions!

-Mintie

• @VFK_Mintie that was so helpful, thank you for the backstory on Nixie! :D

Playing Peril in Pemberley now and it is super enjoyable. Can’t wait to get to Trials of Salem!

• SleuthFive said:

@VFK_Mintie that was so helpful, thank you for the backstory on Nixie! :D

Playing Peril in Pemberley now and it is super enjoyable. Can’t wait to get to Trials of Salem!

SleuthFive, how are you accessing the Miss Clue games?  I no longer have buttons for the separate stories on my MENU 'tree'.  Thanks much for any info.

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick

• Partial versions of some Miss Clue Jane Austen Mysteries were launched under the Menu inside VFK/EpicAges as a limited-time promotion, however they are no longer available.  The complete versions that are in the Miss Clue Store have all the latest updates, and can be found at: products.missclue.com

We hope this helps.

MissClue_Staff
  • edited April 2021
    MissClue_Staff said:

Partial versions of some Miss Clue Jane Austen Mysteries were launched under the Menu inside VFK/EpicAges as a limited-time promotion, however they are no longer available.  The complete versions that are in the Miss Clue Store have all the latest updates, and can be found at: products.missclue.com

We hope this helps.

MissClue_Staff
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!  I wasn't aware of that, although the games have been available since I returned to VFK in early 2019 ('limited-time'?).  4 questions:

1)  Does this mean no more pins for lanyards, as the games (I assume) are played 'outside' of VFK? 

2)  I guess my saved game/games are lost?

3)  so the only way to play them now is to purchase them separately off-game?

4)  are you saying there's more to the games I've already finished on VFK (using the MENU)???  'Partial' seems to portray that.

Please advise, and thanks for the info.  Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • Wow cool, I've been here in VFK for a while and it was neat seeing the backstory and time frames Thx Mintie!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!