Epic ages desktop-already logged in?

There have been a few times where I have logged out of the ea desktop only to realize I forgot to do something on the account I was using but when I try to log back in that account it says user already logged in, even though I'm logged out. it doesn't do it all the time.. but it's happened more then once. I'm not sure why it's doing this.. but wanted to see if anyone else has this issue and if it can be fixed.
dazzlej signature02

Comments

• Howdy @dazzlej,

That issue was discovered after the update with the new login features.  You can find out more about the features here:

We are actively working on another update with will correct that, and currently if you close the window and reopen, it works fine and you can login.  Thank you very much for writing about this and definitely let us know if you encounter any other issues with Epic Ages Desktop!

Happy January!

-Mintie
  • Thanks mintie!  Can't wait to see the next round of updates!
    --
    64HBS56TE0AI TY Jessizoid!

• VFK_Mintie said:

Howdy @dazzlej,

That issue was discovered after the update with the new login features.  You can find out more about the features here:

We are actively working on another update with will correct that, and currently if you close the window and reopen, it works fine and you can login.  Thank you very much for writing about this and definitely let us know if you encounter any other issues with Epic Ages Desktop!

Happy January!

-Mintie
    @VFK_Mintie While restarting EA has worked in the past in order to log in again.. it now still says user already logged in even after restarting EA many times with one of my accounts. I was finally able to log in yesterday, but I'm again getting the same message even after restarting EA multiple times. I tried logging in another account and it worked just fine, so not sure if it's a bug with one of my accounts or something else is going on..

dazzlej signature02
  • edited February 2021
    ~see update farther down this thread~

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • Flamanar said:

My experience with this (what works for me):  instead of hitting the upper-right 'x' to close your browser window to log out of game/shut down EA (if that's what you're doing), instead use the MENU button and choose 'logout' in the menu list.  So far that's worked for me 100% of the time.  Hopefully it will work for you too, until the next release.

Flame

After I saw your post I made sure to use the log out button when logging out of the one account (along with any other accounts).. but I still get the user already logged in on bottom of screen even after restarting ea on the one account
    dazzlej signature02
  • edited February 2021
    dazzlej said:

Flamanar said:

My experience with this (what works for me):  instead of hitting the upper-right 'x' to close your browser window to log out of game/shut down EA (if that's what you're doing), instead use the MENU button and choose 'logout' in the menu list.  So far that's worked for me 100% of the time.  Hopefully it will work for you too, until the next release.

Flame
    ~latest response below~
     Flame

• edited February 2021
    I'm gonna have to walk my response back, as it's been happening to me now, where no matter what I do, it says 'x' account is already logged in.  Doesn't happen really often, but enough to frazzle a bit.  Even though every instance of EA is closed and logged out.

I've also found a new bug (not sure if it's exclusive to me).  Sometimes if I take a clone and hit the main Medieval map, somehow their feet get 'glued' to the map and they cannot move in any direction, even after switching to fairy.  So I drop back to login room, right?  Fixed?  Nope.  Cannot move, but can dance (and can't turn it off, lol).  That's starting to get really old really fast.  Life goes on, and VFK will fix the bugs.  I'm practicing patience.

Flame