!!!! Everything To You - GIFT's Version (Acoustic Song Cover) !!!!

ALOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! VFK PEOPLE!!!

Today, I bring YOU lots of content! I have sung and did a cover of Miss Clue's EVERYTHING TO YOU (acoustic version)! :O Surprise but not really bc some of y'all know about it. ;) (Especially Nautilus, MistyMew, Flamanar, Silver lolololol) :P :P :P Before I went breaking... Ya...

Attached here are several videos. Here are the key notes that I think overall of this wonderful experience. A little intro and BTS.

1. I've wanted to cover this song for a long time ever since hearing it! When I saw the title Everything To You - Anne's Version in the home page, I immediately thought that that is MISS CLUE's way of inviting musicians to do their own cover! :D I'm like, "WHY NOT!?!??!" And the rest is history...
2. This is how I'll sing it for RAD and NIXIE's wedding! With a ukulele in hand, serenading them lalalala! :D
3. I contacted VFK staff about everything including about posting my videos, so no worries for everything seen here. It's all staff approved! :) I had to make sure and I want staff to know as well. Staff has been cool about it!!!
4. Was I nervous? More like excited! That I can finally share this to y'all! :) I'm always excited whenever I can master something with my ukulele LIKE THIS SONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

MUSIC NOTES/MUSIC BEHIND THE SCENES:
1. I arranged the song to be my own version and I chose it to sound Hawaiian themed - meaning I changed the tempo and the word placement BUT I stayed true to the chord progression of the original song. After figuring out my pitch start which is the F major chord in ukulele, I then studied the corresponding chords that resonates with F major, played it till I get the flow of the song. See the Behind The Scenes Video because that is the night I studied and play the chords for the very first time in ukulele.
2. I told Nikola, the awesome guitarist, to make it sound Hawaiian so I told him to add guitar slides! And he delivered as you can see in the video. Now it sounds more Hawaiian than ever. He also had to transpose it to guitar and since the 2 instruments are different from each other, the guitar chords will be different but still in tune with my ukulele chords. He also took care of the rest of the track, mixing and mastering it to its full potential! Also he edited the video. In short he did a lot of things. :)
3. I wanted to make as much content as possible with the song in one go (hence it took long lol), so there's also the fingerpicking version which made me practice the dexterity of both my hands along with memorizing finger picking!
4. There's so much extra shenanigans I made so I just uploaded all of them hahaha because YOLO! This is a special experience that I loved to have done. If MISS CLUE ever makes more song, I'll cover them haha (in my own way of course). :P
5. Thanks to my friend Brooke for transposing the lyrics! If it weren't for her, I will forever be singing the wrong words. As you can see in my FIRST TIME Testing the Song video, the lyrics are waaaaay off, lol. Because that's how I hear it. I then asked her for help because I can't figure out some words! So for a year or so, I've been humming the wrong words. :P Will be attaching the lyrics in this post as well. 

That's all I could think for this song's behind the scenes! These are the different versions, starting with the official studio track! :)

Official Studio Track With Video:

Live Room Version:

Finger Picking/Fingerstyle Ukulele:

Another one in Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG4N-L4p1Hy/ ;

Behind The Scenes (Learning Lyrics, Chords):

Just Learned the Chords & Wrong Lyrics:

MORE EXTRA CONTENTEverything To You Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9mhmG-QPUyUgtb50tf4vXu60kbPB6wbL&fbclid=IwAR3GHkObnPdtv87eHqj4DyT5GMkhwNUpdyuILSm0lnQgGi4QnqWc_VxXBMA

CREDITS:

Composer Miss Clue Team
Lyricist Miss Clue Team
Vocals Gift Princess
Ukulele Gift Princess
Guitar Nikola Cucukovic
Masterer Nikola Cucukovic
Lyrics Transcription Brooke Rice

CHORDS:

Ukulele:

F major
A minor
D minor
C major
C7
B flat major

LYRICS:

Everything To You

(Lyrics by Miss Clue Team)
(Arranged by Gift Princess)

Hey wanna go surfing?
And a 1, 2
A 1, 2, 3 go

I.

Up at the break of dawn, you're always out and gone
You hit the beach you're in the sun and surfing
You say you got to fly, I never wonder why
Your spirits soar when you are off and surfing

Pre-chorus:
Surf's up the waves are crashing in

Chorus:

Oh you say I am everything to you
Your sun and surf that I'm all that makes up you
Gonna catch some rays
Ooo
Gonna ride the waves
Gonna ride the waves

II.

You're surfing near and far, don't wonder where you are
You call and tell me you are off and surfing
Painting crash carve and curl, I'm your bodacious girl
The words don't matter in the sun and surfing

(Repeat Pre-chorus and Chorus)

Gonna ride the wa-aaaaaaaves

Bridge:

Beach and sun and surf and curl
I am your bodacious girl
Moon and sun and stars and sky
You're my total surfing guy!

Chorus:

Oh you say I am everything to you
Your sun and surf that I'm all that makes up you
Gonna catch some rays
Ooo
Gonna ride the wa-aaaaaaves
Gonna ride the wa-aaaaaaves
I'm gonna catch some ra-aaaaaaays

Up at the break of dawn....

Spoiler:

Hawaiian Slides

Shot Glass Guitar Slides2

Fun fact: Shot glass was used as guitar slides bc his broke into a million pieces!

Another fun fact: I shot my video outside while it was super hot and also ants were biting my feet. @_@ So I had to re-film around 5 times and move to another location.

THANKS STAFF FOR THIS SONG! IT WAS A FUN PROJECT!!!!!! Glad to cover it in every way as much as possible. :))

@VFK_Enigma
@VFK_Mintie
@VFK_Vintage
@VFK_Tazz
@VFK_Cactus
@VFK_Sky
@VFK_staff

:D

CHEERS!

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

Miss Clue Mysteries Border 2 

VFK thiefpeasant from enigma 1
tazzie grinzzzz by moi
Snazzy beanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
surfer and her secrets lol
G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
THANK YOU!  

santa claus listening to me
mrs claus lovvvve
mrs claus 2022 music question

Comments

• EEEKKKK WATCHING NOW!!

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• Aww Man!  I'm just going out the door and saw this posted!!!!  unfair.... >.>

I'll check back later as soon as I get back!  so super stoked!!!!!!!! I can't believe you included the chords and lyrics!  Woot!

Okay going

DazzledreamSignaturemistymew
    thank you dazzlerdream for the signature
  • Oh my gosh gift. You sound amazing! If vfk ever does any more music, I think they know who to hire next LOL.

Your voice sounds like a Disney princess :O I actually was watching it and my mom was nearby and she thought the same! Anyone else hear the princess sound in the video?

As I’m typing this I realize your gamer title is gift princess, I guess that goes with the Disney princess voice :P.

Great job :)
  • AGREED @millsfan!!  She sounds just like a princess!  I have to listen again! WOOO  =D>

GOLDENPUPPYgoldenpuppypicturetacocatTHANKS TACOCAT!!

• Lovely, gift!  Enjoyed that very much!
  • @GIFT Well done!  clearly you put tons of hard work into the song, and it shows!  I agree with Mills that you have a Disney princess-type voice!  Song really came together nicely.

One takeaway:  I was surprised by the shot glass, ROFL.  I've only recorded one song with a slide guitarist.  While we recorded, he was so into the song that the slide flew off his finger and across the (small) room, lol!  Obviously we had to cut that take and continue once he got it.  We recorded live electric bass, slide guitar, rhythm guitar and lead guitar at the same time.  Took up much less studio time not separating the individual instrument recordings.  Studio time is crazy expensive.  Well it was crazy expensive around 1990 ;)  Had alot of great times in that studio that I'll never forget.  I'm sure you'll never forget your recording sessions as well!  Keep up the good work, and looking forward to what you share next :)

Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • WOW I love your voice Gift!! We want more!
  • Nobody has mentioned it yet, but I think you're so pretty Gift!!!  Along with having a sweet and lovely voice!

Thank you so much for sharing GIFT, I love this!!
    skylambsignature
  • Flamanar said:

@GIFT Well done!  clearly you put tons of hard work into the song, and it shows!  I agree with Mills that you have a Disney princess-type voice!  Song really came together nicely.

One takeaway:  I was surprised by the shot glass, ROFL.  I've only recorded one song with a slide guitarist.  While we recorded, he was so into the song that the slide flew off his finger and across the (small) room, lol!  Obviously we had to cut that take and continue once he got it.  We recorded live electric bass, slide guitar, rhythm guitar and lead guitar at the same time.  Took up much less studio time not separating the individual instrument recordings.  Studio time is crazy expensive.  Well it was crazy expensive around 1990 ;)  Had alot of great times in that studio that I'll never forget.  I'm sure you'll never forget your recording sessions as well!  Keep up the good work, and looking forward to what you share next :)

Flame

Yes, the moment he sent me the final edited I was like, wait, you were using a shot glass all along? I never knew, rofl! Sneaky! I've used him for my other acoustic tracks too, he learns so quick.  XD And omg yes, studio sessions are fun and makes memorable experiences. Learning a lot too!

Check out his works, he's good with any genre!

@Flamanar 
    @Flamanar

ABOUT: Signed up: February 2017 Miss Clue only: March 2017 Regularly playing the kingdom: April 2017 hehehehehe...... Came for MISS CLUE, stayed for VFK <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi
    G FOR GIFT GIFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Screenshot_1 VFK 000 winter65 VFK GIFTTTTTTTTT's BIRTHDAY VFK shy no shy scaleenigma questions my existence

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • @GIFT I'm surprised he had that much control over the shot glass.  that thing has more weight at the top when upside down.  Must have been challenging for him!  A great workaround for a slide when ya gotta have one, right? 

I remember studio sessions going through the night until about dawn.  By that time, everyone was punchy or falling asleep, lol.  But in the end, the recording was great.  Go figure :)  I had played bass on that one studio session.  I never played bass before, but the guy who was supposed to record with that band (and a few other players) couldn't get to the studio because it was a heavy snowstorm.  I lived a few blocks away, and my buddy was playing rhythm guitar and I had just gone to watch.  Lead singer asked if I could play bass guitar.  I hesitated and told him 'well I play rhythm guitar, I should be able to play bass easy'.  It was easier than I expected, but killed my fingers after playing through the night.  Took a few days to heal.  Was worth it ;)

My old drummer is a talent scout, manager and is an engineer in studios.  He also played drums for a few big bands. It's great that we can all keep in touch so many years later!

Thanks for the info on your guitarist!  Gotta check him out ;)  Flame

You'd be surprised what you can do with the short end of the stick
  • MistyMew said:

Aww Man!  I'm just going out the door and saw this posted!!!!  unfair.... >.>

I'll check back later as soon as I get back!  so super stoked!!!!!!!! I can't believe you included the chords and lyrics!  Woot!

Okay going

Yes, I left the chords. Wanna jump on the track and play the keyboards or something? :D

Kyna said:

Lovely, gift!  Enjoyed that very much!

THANK YOU KYNA!

goldenpuppy said:

AGREED @millsfan!!  She sounds just like a princess!  I have to listen again! WOOO  =D>

goldenpuppy said:

EEEKKKK WATCHING NOW!!

A friend requested I put this in Spotify! I think I will. I need a cover artwork! :D

SkyLamb said:

Nobody has mentioned it yet, but I think you're so pretty Gift!!!  Along with having a sweet and lovely voice!

Thank you so much for sharing GIFT, I love this!!

Awww thank you Sky. <3

MGMT said:

WOW I love your voice Gift!! We want more!

EYES LARGE EMOJI

You know you can listen to my Spotify & etc for more (and more coming). :)

Spoiler:

You can find my published works in Spotify and other streaming platforms:
    Spotify https://open.spotify.com/artist/4wuWm2nL7xPxrQtIm1cUuU

@MGMT

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • Wow you are so talented! You have such a pretty voice. Thank you for sharing and creating this.
  • Flamanar said:

@GIFT I'm surprised he had that much control over the shot glass.  that thing has more weight at the top when upside down.  Must have been challenging for him!  A great workaround for a slide when ya gotta have one, right? 

I remember studio sessions going through the night until about dawn.  By that time, everyone was punchy or falling asleep, lol.  But in the end, the recording was great.  Go figure :)  I had played bass on that one studio session.  I never played bass before, but the guy who was supposed to record with that band (and a few other players) couldn't get to the studio because it was a heavy snowstorm.  I lived a few blocks away, and my buddy was playing rhythm guitar and I had just gone to watch.  Lead singer asked if I could play bass guitar.  I hesitated and told him 'well I play rhythm guitar, I should be able to play bass easy'.  It was easier than I expected, but killed my fingers after playing through the night.  Took a few days to heal.  Was worth it ;)

My old drummer is a talent scout, manager and is an engineer in studios.  He also played drums for a few big bands. It's great that we can all keep in touch so many years later!

Thanks for the info on your guitarist!  Gotta check him out ;)  Flame

My latest rehearsal lasted 8 hrs and we still haven't recorded the tracks. Practice, practice, practice! I was falling asleep towards the end. XD So much fun, thanks for sharing stories that I can relate to so much. I didn't get much pics but I'll post more later, need to hone my guitar skills. Even tho my fingers can only reach 2 frets at most. But I think I can dabble with bass guitar. And boy, aren't they heavy? Some of them be like 10lbs. Not only you hurt your fingers, you also hurt your back. o.O

@Flamanar
    @Flamanar

Oh and I'll show you the drum set later.

20201011_144007
    20201011_143958

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • Sounds great!!!! Beautiful person, beautiful song, beautiful voice!
  • ETY PRESAVE pic

Aloha y'all! The official track will release in all digital platforms by Dec. 1, 2020. Usually it will be a little late (because it takes a while for sites) but around that time.

Stream and pre-save link: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/giftprincess/everything-to-you

Now you can stream the song everywhere later! YAY!!! Thanks for listening and for keeping the magic of the game alive! Rock on!

Behind the artwork:

BTS ETY art
    1-WorkInProgress

Behind the scenes artwork from NOELIA!
    Drawing from first to finish! :)

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve
  • Putting Miss Clue in the map - song is out now everywhere. :D

LISTEN NOW in Spotify

Song Link: https://open.spotify.com/track/7ggcrVcJ8kNVNTKUuwRho0?si=SCgAr9arQIGp9i36WBTKGA

Youtube Music:

Spotify Artist Link: https://open.spotify.com/artist/4wuWm2nL7xPxrQtIm1cUuU

IG post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIRMb_dphuG/?igshid=jjyhtc70xo6b

Spoiler:

BTS filming

ukeshootbehindthescenes

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

tazzie grinzzzz by moi

LOGO from BLUEWIZ

Made by @bluewiz
    THANK YOU!  

mrs claus lovvvve